Status: Short story

Love Has its Ups and Downs

3 of 5.

It was early in the morning when I woke up, I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Jacky was awake, "Whatcha doing up so early Jack?" I said as I hopped up on to the counter, he looked at me, "Just, couldn't sleep...I guess." I looked at him, confused, "Jacky, you can sleep through a fucking tornado, tell me what's wrong?" He looked down, "Well, you see, I was wondering..what do you think the best way to tell someone you love them is?" I sighed, "I really don't know to tell you the truth, for me, it's hard to tell if a guy loves me or not because I've been hurt so many times by so many guys that I thought truly loved me and they didn't." Jacky hugged me, "I'm sorry love. I'm going back to bed now, goodnight." He kissed my cheek and walked back up the stairs, I sighed and slid off the counter, "I wish I never brought that back up." I went into the living room and sat down on the couch, in the dark, by myself, thinking about what I should do, after I thought for awhile I got up and walked to the room that Ronnie pretty much let me move in to because Max was always at Bella's. I looked around and found my notebook, I wrote everything I felt in it ever since I was sixteen and now I'm almost twenty-two.


Alone at last, we can sit and fight.
And I've lost all faith in this blurring light,
But stay right here we can change our plight.
We're storming through this despite what's right.

One final fight, for this tonight.
Woah...
With knives and pens we made our plight.


I wrote for about ten minutes before I closed it and slid it back under my bed, I slowly got up and looked around before I knew it I was in the joined bathroom sitting on the floor, blood just starting to show on my wrist, tears flooding my eyes, when there was a knock on my bed room door. Before I could say anything I seen the door opening and my eyes were closing, everything went black.

I woke up later to find myself in my bed, someones arms around my waist, I moved and turned to find Jacky laying beside me, "Why'd you do it?" I tried to avoid that question at all costs, "It doesn't matter, I was so close to the end. Why did you have to save me?!" The tears were flowing again, Jacky's grip tightened around me, "Because, you're too amazing to let go of so easily." I was confused, "What do you mean?" He sighed and looked at me, "You don't get it, do you?" I shook my head slowly, feeling slightly dizzy, he kissed me softly, "I love you Izzy, so much that if you ever really hurt yourself I don't know what I'd do." I smiled slightly, I never realized how much I love Jacky until that moment, "I love you too Jacky."


Lay your heart down the ends in sight.
Conscience begs for you to do what's right.
Everyday it's still the same dull knife,
Stab it through and justify your pride.


"Are you staying in here for the night then?" Jacky nodded and hugged me close to him, "I have to make sure you're really okay before I go and leave you alone for awhile, did you ever think of something to help with this problem?" I nodded, "I tried everything and nothing worked for me so I'm stuck." Jacky nodded slightly and kissed my cheek, I thought for a minute, "Could I try playing one of your guitars?"

Jacky's Point Of View
"Could I try playing one of your guitars?" Izzy asked looking at me, "Sure, I don't see why not. Go ahead and get the white one off my bed." She nodded and kissed me before getting up and walking towards the door, I yawned for a moment before I heard thud. I looked quickly to see Izzy laying on the floor, I ran over and picked her up so she was laying on the bed, I did the first thing I thought of, run and get Ronnie...


One final fight, for this tonight.
Woah...
With knives and pens we made our plight.
Woah...
And I can't go on without your love, you lost, you never held on.
We tried out best... Turn out the light,
Turn out the light.

One final fight, for this tonight.
Woah...
With knives and pens we made our plight.
Woah...
And I can't go on without your love, you lost, you never held on.
We tried out best... Turn out the light,
Turn out the light....