Status: Short story

Love Has its Ups and Downs

4 of 5.

Jacky's Point Of View

It's been three months since Izzy hit her head when she collapsed and was diagnosed with amnesia, she remembers everybody, except me. I've been trying so hard for her to remember me but no matter how hard I try, nothing's worked so far. I'm touring with the band right now and being away from her, even like this, it's tearing me apart. She doesn't remember that I confesed the biggest secret of all to her, I love her and I need to prove it, but that won't happen until she remembers me, if she remembers me.
Ronnie's been telling me everyday that I should try and move on, he doesn't understand that I'm not just depressed, I'm pissed! I confesed how much I love and care for Izzy and then she hits her head and forgets I even exist! I really don't feel like playing tonight...

Run away
I'm living with a hole inside
A Piece of me that I have yet to find
The edge of reason, lies uneven
Turn me off, feel the blood so cold
Like a product that was bought and sold
Asking me for the impossible

I ain't waiting for a miracle
I ain't waiting for the world to change
Under my skin lives the reason
Under my armor I lost it all


It was after the show and I already made my way back to the bus, I played horribly tonight and it was all because I've been thinking of Izzy all day. I can't help it, Ronnie walked on the bus, "Alright, what the fuck is going on?! I have never heard you play that bad before! You need to pull yourself together and soon because we can't afford for fans to think we suck because Izzy can't remember you. Did you ever think that maybe you just need to either move on? Or maybe even get to know her all over again and make her fall for you again? You can do that you know." That was it! I needed to prove it Izzy that she knew me and she loves me, my only dilemma, we are on tour for the next three months. I don't want Izzy to find someone else but with my luck, she will.


No more faith
No savior made of our designs
Fooled me before, I tell ya not this time
Raped my body, lost my vision
Lost my mind, I had to let it go

Another day living irrational
Another day inside this dying soul

I ain't waiting for a miracle
I ain't waiting for the world to change
Under my skin lives the reason
Under my armor I lost it all


We are done with tour and only ten minutes from home! I'm excited to see Izzy and make her remember me, the bus stopped and we all ran off. I ran into the house and heard music blarring from the upstairs bedroom where Izzy lived. I ran up the stairs and knocked on the door, "You're home now?!" I laughed, "Yeah, we're home now. How were you?" She giggled, "I'm fine. Really tired though." I nodded, "Can I come in?" The door opened and Izzy was standing there in skinny jeans and a black Falling In Reverse shirt, I smiled, "Wow Izzy." She laughed, "I was wondering, do you want to hangout today? Like go out to the mall or something? We hardly know eachother and it would be fun." I smiled, "That sounds great Izzy."


There's something in your eyes
A part of me that I recognize
I want to let you know
We'd be there if we could and it's alright
You taught me how to feel
It's no wonder I'd do anything
Tell me why'd you have to go
With the worst to come lost are the best I know
Time - seems like we lost it all

Burn it all
Burn it to the fucking ground
Believe the words that I don't want me around
Life revision, indecision
World collision, heads will roll
With nothing left except the pain to show
Mental manic driven overflow


I stood downstair waiting for Izzy when Ronnie walked in, "The fuck are you doing?" I smiled, "Going to the mall with Izzy." He smirked, "She remember?" I shook my head, "I'm going to make her remember though." He nodded, "Good luck with that." Izzy walked down the stairs and took my hand and we walked out to my car. I drove to the mall and we were in Hot Topic, looking at belts for her, "What do you think of this one?" I shrugged, "It kinda would make you look like a hooker." She froze and looked at me, "Jacky?


I ain't waiting for a miracle
I ain't waiting for the world to change
Under my skin lives the reason
Under my armor I lost it all....