Status: Short story

Love Has its Ups and Downs

5 of 5.

Jacky's Point Of View

I stood in shock, looking at Izzy, "You remember?" She nodded and hugged me, "I don't know why but that must've been what made me remember you Jacky." I looked at her and kissed her softly. I wrapped my arms around her, she giggled, "Let's go home?" I nodded and we paid for what we wanted and left. I drove back to the house and surprisingly, no one was home. We walked up to my room and I kissed her again, I laid down on my bed and opened my arms for her, letting her know I would hold her, she was hesitant, "Izzy? You know damn well I will NOT leave you here. I will be right here when you fall asleep and right here when you wake up tomorrow, I love you." She nodded slightly and laid down next to me, I kissed her and it went on from there.

Lipstick has a way of leaving more than just a mark on my sheets,
coloring my senses cherry red; at least for this week...
Kisses under starry night skies, talked about in song,
we play along, so bitter sweet by our design.
I'm sick and tired of writing songs about you,
This is it, this is the end...


Izzy's Point Of View
I kissed Jacky one last time before our fun was done for the night, "That was amazing Jacky." He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist, "I'm happy that we're finally together and I can protect you from all those that want to hurt you." I looked up at Jacky, "You can try but there's no promise you can protect me from everything." He nodded, "I know, it made me feel better the way I said it though." I laughed a little and scooted closer to Jacky, I can't believe it took me this long to realize that I had been in love with one of my best friend for so long, he was perfect to me and nothing would ever change that.


Take off your makeup and put down the camera,
choke on the drama that makes me want to,
tear up the pictures, the pages you've saved,
creating a life of trends and make believe...

I've got no place in my heart for a criminal like you to dwell,
in this endeavor, make this last forever...
I'm just delirious,
You can't be serious,
You're so infamous for leaving me a mess...


Jacky kissed my cheek, "Love? Why don't you go take your makeup off? You don't want to fall asleep with it on." I nodded and kissed him and walked to the bathroom across the room, I washed all of it off and smiled. I walked back over to Jacky and kissed him one more time, "You promise you'll be here when I wake?" He nodded, "Every morning when you wake up and every night when you fall asleep, I'll be right here." He kissed my forehead and I rested my head on his chest before closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

Take off your makeup, put down the camera,
choke on the drama that makes me want to,
tear up the pictures and pages you've saved,
creating a life of trends and make believe...

She gets what she wants and she breaks what she gets,
get out while you can or she'll tear you to pieces /
"Are you having a good time sweetheart?"


I woke up the next morning to find that Jacky wasn't there, I sighed and stood up when the door opened and he walked in the room from the bathroom, "Sorry, had to go." I smiled, "You weren't kidding, you really were there when I fell asleep and you'll be there whenever I wake up too." He nodded and walked over to me, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist, "I can't and won't ever break a promise I make to you, I love you babe."

Take off your makeup, put down the camera,
choke on the drama that makes me want to,
tear up the pictures and pages you've saved,
creating a life of trends and make believe...

Carry on home,
I'll be waiting miles and miles away,
leaving you to be forever seventeen,
cleaning up the messes that you've made.


The End <3