Status: I have left Mibba and moved to fanfiction.net. You can find the link in my profile.

Like a Skyscraper

Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper

“We should go back to Strawberry Bay.” Kaelyn looked up from a drawing and over to Emmett. He was fiddling with one of his colored pencils.

“What?”

“I think the two of us should get away from everyone, and we can rent a hotel room for the weekend. I can rent that boat again and we can just relax and get away from all the drama here. Please?” Emmett asked with his best puppy dog face.

“Ugh, I can't resist that face… Okay. But you still need to talk to Rosalie,” Kaelyn said. After their cathartic conversation last night, Emmett planned on calling things off with Rosalie, but she wasn’t home and he hasn’t seen her today.

“I will, but I want to leave with you and then come back to end things with Rose. I want to be with you,” he whispered so that only she could hear him. Kaelyn’s heart clenched at his words. She needed to end this before they got pulled in too deep. If they went on the trip, she could have time alone to talk to him. …but all she wanted was to be with him before her time ran out… is that too much to ask? Maybe.

“Okay,” she whispered.

“Okay? As in yes? We can go?!” Emmett asked getting excited. Kaelyn shushed him and nodded with a smile.

“Pack your bags and we’ll leave tomorrow morning.”

“What? Tomorrow? Emmett we need to make reservations and everything—“

“I already did it because I was planning on you saying yes,” he grinned.

“But Emmett, I still need to tell my mom and what if something comes up?” Kaelyn began to panic a little.

“Babe, relax. Everything will be fine. We’ll go on our trip and then come back as a couple,” he whispered in her ear. Kaelyn flushed scarlet and nodded.

“Okay tomorrow it is…”

“I’ll pick you up at 6,” Emmett said as the bell rang. He winked at her before walking out. Kaelyn took a minute to catch her breath before walking out as well.

~*~

“Emmett, we need to talk. Now.” Alice said sternly in his doorway. He was packing his overnight bag when she walked in.

“What is it?”

“Don’t go on this trip with Kaelyn,” she said. Emmett stopped packing and looked at Alice strangely.

“Why? You're the one that’s been pushing me to figure out my feelings for her, and if things go well on this trip then that’s that.”

“Things won’t go well Emmett! I’ve seen what’s going to happen!” Alice raised her voice.

“Oh, and what’s gonna happen? I’m not gonna eat her Alice; I’ve learned to control my thirst around her. She’s safe,” Emmett said rolling his eyes. He grabbed his night shirt and put it in his bag with the rest of his things.

“That’s not what I mean. You’re going to break her heart…” Alice whispered. Emmett froze.

“That’s impossible. Why would I do that? I care about Kaelyn. A lot!” Emmett growled.

“Yeah, well guess what? Me telling you hasn’t changed the future so it’s still going to happen. I don’t know how, but you’re going to call things off, and she’ll going running back to Paul!” Alice yelled.

“I said that’s not gonna happen!! We agreed that she wasn’t going to get involved with him. They're just friends!” he yelled back.

“Fine! I warned you, but the future doesn’t lie. And right now, I see her in Paul’s arms and not yours!” she warned before storming out of the room. Emmett fell back onto his bed and covered his face with his hands. He didn’t know what was going on. There’s no way in hell he would call things off. After that kiss last night, he knew for sure they were destined to be together.

Emmett dropped his hands and glared up at the ceiling. Paul can’t have her. If it’s the last thing he does, he will make that flea bag keep his hands to himself…

“Emmett?” the vampire shot up and saw Rosalie standing at the foot of his bed. He looked over at the clock and saw that he had been laying there for over two hours just thinking.

“What?”

“Why are you packing a bag?” The insecurity in her voice made him stop from saying a smart retort. He ran a hand through his dirty blonde hair and sighed.

“I’m going away for the weekend. We both need our space,” he answered and got up to finish packing.

“Graduation is three weeks away… Are we going to Alaska again until Carlisle decides to move, or do you want to enroll in college this time?” Rosalie asked trying to be civil for once.

“I don’t know. It depends on how I feel when I get back,” Emmett mumbled. Rosalie looked at him carefully while she chose what to say next.

“You're mad about the fight I had with Kaelyn, aren’t you?” Emmett snorted at the question.

“Of course I am. You bit her head off… Rose, you don’t think before you speak. I feel suffocated when I'm around you because you try to keep me chained to your hip…” he breathed feeling relieved to get that off his chest. Rosalie winced at his words.

“That’s because I love you, and I'm not going to give you up to some girl who’s going to die of old age. Emmett, we were destined to be together ever since I saved you from that bear. Just because you're having a long lapse of judgment doesn’t mean you can throw away everything we have built together!” she snapped letting her anger rise. Emmett zipped up his bag and threw it over his shoulder.

“You know what, Rose? Maybe you were destined to save me so that one day I could meet Kaelyn!” he hissed and brushed past her to leave the room.

“You're going away with her aren’t you?” Rosalie called after him. Emmett bit his tongue and kept walking. The sooner he got to Kaelyn’s, the sooner he would get away from Rosalie.

“I won’t let her have you!” she yelled as he got into his jeep and drove away. The sun would be rising in a few minutes, and then he would be on the road with Kaelyn to Strawberry Bay. It will be just the two of them, and no one was going to interfere with their alone time.

Emmett sighed heavily as he parked in front of Kaelyn’s house. He rubbed his temples, but jerked his head up when he heard Kaelyn close her front door. Just the sight of her made him smile, and his cold heart clenched tightly in his chest.

Yes. This was the right thing to do. Kaelyn is the woman for him; now there was no way to deny it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think. All the drama is about to go down. You may hate me for the next few chapters, but it will all be worth it, and you'll love the ending when it comes. <3