Status: I have left Mibba and moved to fanfiction.net. You can find the link in my profile.

Like a Skyscraper

Catching tear drops in my hand

Kaelyn rushed down the stairs already running late for her second day of school. As she passed the kitchen, her mom stopped her.

“Mom, I’m running late,” she groaned trying to leave.

“You forgot to eat something. Kaelyn we’re not taking any chances. Be sure to eat this before class. An apple a day keeps the doctor away,” her mom said sternly and handed her an apple and a small ziplock of walnuts. Kaelyn nodded and ran out the door to her car.

Luckily Forks is small and the drive was short. Jumping out of her car, she saw that she still had 10 minutes before class started. Sighing in relief, she slowed down and started to eat her apple.

“Kaelyn~” Alice said in a sing song voice as she appeared by her side. The blonde swallowed her bite and greeted her friend.

“Morning Alice.”

“So, I know you just transferred here, but are you graduating with us in a couple months?” she asked as they walked into the school together.

“The counselor said all my credits transferred over so I’m pretty sure I will be,” Kaelyn said with a smile.

“That’s great! I’m already planning a graduation party so you have to come!” Alice said getting excited at the thought. Kaelyn laughed and finished her apple, but she pleased the shorter girl by saying yes.

They finally parted ways and Kaelyn went into her first period and sat down next to Jasper. He glanced at her and greeted her with a small smile. The bell rang shortly after and Mrs. Carney started class.

~*~

“So, what colleges have you applied to?” Alice asked as they walked to lunch.

“Well, I started applying back when I lived in Florida. There’s Florida State, and The University of Florida, but It think I’ll stay close to my mom and go somewhere in Seattle,” she replied as they entered the cafeteria.

“Me too! I was thinking Washington State University,” Alice chimed in. The two walked over to their lunch table and sat down. Kaelyn glanced up and saw two more people there than yesterday. She smiled at them.

“Kaelyn this is my brother, Emmett and his girlfriend, Rosalie,” Alice introduced them.

“Nice to meet you,” Kaelyn said with a glowing smile. Emmett swallowed heavily and kept himself from breathing while Rosalie forced herself to sit still and not attack the girl in front of her.

It was silent and Kaelyn’s smile faded, thinking that she might have done something wrong she looked to Alice for help. The shorter girl gave her a reassuring smile and leaned in closer to whisper in her ear.

“Don’t worry, they aren’t very social people.” Kaelyn nodded and took a bite of her sandwich. Lunch couldn’t have been more awkward.

~*~

Kaelyn walked into her last period, art, and sat down at her table. Each table sat two people to it and yesterday she was the only one who didn’t have a table partner. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out her sketch pad and waited for class start.

“Ah. Mr. Cullen, you’re here today. Go take a seat next to Kaelyn. She’s new so be nice,” Mr. Hines said causing Kaelyn to look up. There in all his glory was Emmett, the guy who wouldn’t even say hello to her at lunch.

…Great. Just what she needed. Another awkward moment, but this one would last for an entire class period.

Emmett sat down next to her and faced away so he wasn’t even looking at her. Feeling slightly offended, Kaelyn ignored him as well and tapped her fingers on the table lightly. She didn’t know what she did to deserve the silent treatment, but she sent it right back at him.

Mr. Hines began class and told them they had a project due in two weeks. It was to create something symbolic to represent something special that holds meaning to them. Kaelyn didn’t know what to do so she spent her time doodling on her paper.

After a few more minutes of no talking, Kaelyn had enough. She turned in her seat to face the teen next to her. Emmett glanced up at her noticing her sudden movement. She was staring him in the eye and he was having a hard time looking away.

“Did I do something to offend you? Because if I did, then I'm sorry. But I’m not used to being treated like this. Let’s start over. Hi, I’m Kaelyn, nice to meet you,” she said holding her hand out. Emmett raised an eyebrow and held back a smirk. He mentally slapped himself for almost giving in. This girl will be the death of him.

“Emmett,” he mumbled back and left her holding her hand out in the air. Kaelyn frowned and dropped her hand.

“You’re obviously not the social type, huh? That’s okay. I’ll just talk to you until you decide to talk about,” she snapped and picked up her sketch pad.

“Have you decided what you're going to do for the project that’s due?” she asked continuing to doodle. Emmett shook his head and looked out the window. It was taking all his energy not to yank the tiny blonde into his arms and bite into her soft looking neck.

“Hm, you’ll think of something. I might do something involving my dad. He died earlier this year from a car bombing in Iraq,” Kaelyn added and started to make little swirls on the corner of her notebook paper. Emmett turned to face her again when she said that.

“I’m sorry to hear that,” he added quietly. Kaelyn flashed him a small smile that would have made his heart race if it was still beating.

“It’s okay. Sometimes bad things happened so that good ones can follow them. Maybe moving to Forks will become a good thing,” Kaelyn explained and looked at the time. It was almost the end of the day. She began to pack her things up.

“Maybe tomorrow I’ll get you to open up more,” Kaelyn joked and turned to leave once the bell rang. Emmett stayed in his seat for a few minutes just thinking about the girl that was turning his life upside down.

“Emmett, are you planning on staying here late?” Mr. Hines asked from his seat behind his desk. Emmett shook his head and grabbed his things. Rosalie was probably waiting for him.

He walked outside to his Jeep and saw that he was right. Rosalie was standing next to his large vehicle tapping her foot impatiently. As he made his way over, she turned to glare at him.

“I can smell her all over you,” she hissed once he was closer. Emmett sighed and ran a hand through his messy blonde hair. (Go the my characters to see what Emmett looks like)

“She’s in one of my classes,” he explained slowly and looked to the side. His eyes locked on Alice talking to Kaelyn next to her car. Rosalie grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him closer to her. Her lips were on his before he could even think. Emmett loved it when Rosalie got aggressive, but he just wasn’t feeling it at the moment. There was only one blonde on his mind and it wasn’t her…

~*~

“You and Emmett have art together?” Alice asked. Kaelyn nodded and threw her backpack in her passenger seat.

“Yeah and he wouldn’t talk to me the entire time so I just rambled until he said something,” she laughed. Alice joined in and looked over at her brother. She could hear Rosalie lecturing him from where she was standing, but then again she did have super vampire hearing. Kaelyn probably couldn’t hear a thing.

“What're you looking at?” Kaelyn asked and followed her gaze. She blushed when she saw Rosalie pull Emmett closer to her and kiss him.

“Wow, she’s gutsy,” Kaelyn commented. Alice snickered and nodded.

“That’s just how they are. I gotta go, Jasper’s waiting for me. See you tomorrow!” Alice waved goodbye and jogged over to her boyfriend. Kaelyn smiled and got in her car. Her second day wasn't so bad. Her goal now was to get a stubborn boy to open up and talk to her in art…
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the wait. I've already started the next chapter so it may be up in a few days. might :P

Comment please!! It makes me want to write more :D