Status: I have left Mibba and moved to fanfiction.net. You can find the link in my profile.

Like a Skyscraper

Do you have to...

“I don’t see why you're getting so mad about what she does! It’s none of your business,” Rosalie snapped at her husband. Emmett let out a frustrated sigh.

“Even if I don’t want to admit it, she is my singer, Rose. Sometimes I don’t have a choice when it comes to my reactions,” he growled trying to calm down. They have been fighting all night and it was beginning to take a toll on him. They had to be at school in an hour.

“So what?! Just get rid of her and everything will be better!”

“Are you fucking kidding me?! Did you just tell me to kill her?” Emmett asked in disbelief. He frowned at Rosalie and turned to walk away.

“Emmett! Where do you think you're going?! I'm not done talking to you!”

“Yeah? Well I am,” he mumbled and left the room. He walked downstairs and saw the concerned looks on his family’s faces. Emmett shook shook his head and grabbed the keys to his jeep so he could leave.

Rosalie came rushing down the stairs after him, but he was already out the door. Alice reached out and grabbed her sister’s arm to stop her.

“Rose, he needs some room,” she said softly. Rosalie glared at the pixie like vampire.

“This is all your fault. You should have had us move the first time you had a vision of that bitch,” Rose snapped and went to get her own car. She wanted to talk to Emmett and he wasn’t going to get away from her that easily.

“What do we do now?” Alice asked the rest of the family.

“Rose had always been dramatic. She and Emmett will sort things out,” Carlisle said confidently and left to get his briefcase so he could leave for the hospital.

~*~

Emmett sped into his parking spot and sat still as stone for a few moments before grabbing his bag and getting out of his car. Rosalie put him in a bad mood that would probably last all day. He began walking into the school building when someone stopped him.

“Emmett! Hold up!” Edward called jogging after him. Emmett clenched his jaw not wanting to talk, but he waited for his brother anyway.

“Hey, do you want to talk about it?” Edward asked once he caught up with him.

“I’m not in the mood…” Emmett snapped lowly. Edward held his hands up in surrender but continued.

“Emmett, I know how hard it is to being around a singer, but sometimes it’s better to give in. I love Rosalie, she’s our family, but there are times when you need to do what makes you happy. See you later,” Edward said leaving before Emmett could reply.

Did Edward just tell him it was okay to break things off with Rosalie? Emmett was even more confused about what he should be doing. He and Rosalie had been married for so many years, how would he be able to live without her in his life?

Emmett pushed his thoughts aside and went to class. He already decided to skip his lunch; he wasn’t ready to face Rosalie or Kaelyn yet…

~*~

Kaelyn speed walked to art. Emmett wasn’t at lunch, but Rosalie was and Alice said that he came to school. It was more awkward than usual. Rosalie was staring her down the whole time, but she didn’t know what she did wrong…

Kaelyn walked into the art room and saw Emmett already sitting down. She took her seat next to him and smiled widely. Emmett found that he couldn’t help but smile back at her.

“Hey, where were you at lunch? It was all super awkward…” she mumbled. Emmett chuckled.

“Sorry, I had to stay in history to get help with one of my papers,” he lied. Kaelyn believed his fib and took out her work.

“Have you decided what to do for your project?” she asked as she began working on hers.

“No… I’m not an artsy person.”

“True, you look like an athlete,” Kaelyn said eyeing him up and down. Emmett smirked and nodded.

“I play most sports…well.”

“Don’t be modest or anything,” Kaelyn teased and continued to sketch the outline of a dove. Emmett laughed along with her and felt his mood lightening. Maybe Edward right and he needed to do what was good for him.

“So, what are you drawing?” he asked looking down at her pad of paper.

“I wanted to symbolize peace and hope so I'm drawing a dove with a small olive branch. There’s going to be only 3 colors. I want it to look simple and modern,” she said thinking about it.

“So I take it that you’re an artist then?” Emmett asked. Her drawing was much better than his.

“I like it, but I’m a musician before an artist. I grew up around music and I want to major in it in college,” she said with a sad smile. Emmett was confused. Why would she be sad about wanting to go to college? But she smiled again before he could ask her about it.

“What do you want to do in college?” she asked.

“Probably football, but I want to major in business so I can start my own sports store or something like that,” he said with a shrug of his shoulders. He never thought about going to college because he always moved away after senior year and restarted his high school life.

“Well, we’re young and we have plenty of time to figure things out,” she smiled softly. There was some kind of hidden meaning behind those words, but Emmett didn’t try to decipher them at the moment. He was too caught up in the warm glow of her smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Super short, but I have officially finished the outline for this story so more updates should be coming out faster. Sorry for the super long wait! D: Comment and I will love you forever! <3