Status: I have left Mibba and moved to fanfiction.net. You can find the link in my profile.

Like a Skyscraper

Make me feel like there's nothing left of me?

“Paul, give me the remote…” Kaelyn said trying to sound threatening. Paul smirked at her and held it high above his head.

“Seriously?!” she whined and tried to grab it.

“Come on shorty,” Paul joked and waved the remote around. Kaelyn pouted and attempted to shove him, but he didn’t budge.

“Oh, so we’re getting violent now are we?” Paul asked with a look in his eyes.

“Paul… Don’t even thin—“ Kaelyn was cut off when Paul tossed the remote aside and tackled her onto his couch and started attacking her sides with his fingers.

“P-Paul! Stop!” she cried between her laughs. The shapeshifter finally relented and let Kaelyn sit up. Her breathing was labored, and she tried to glare at her attacker, but a smile overtook her face.

“You jerk! All I wanted was the remote…” she grumbled.

“Yeah, but you're the one who shoved me. I had to retaliate…” Paul shrugged his shoulders. Kaelyn quickly grabbed the remote and changed the channel.

“That’s because the last thing I want to do is watch the Swamp People…” Kaelyn mumbled and finally found the show she was looking for. Criminal Minds.

“Really? How can you watch this? It makes me not want to stay home alone or go out at night,” Paul said. Kaelyn smiled at him and then stared at the screen.

“I watch it for Spencer. Oh the things I would do to that man…” she whispered. Paul faked gagging noises.

“Ew TMI, babe. I don’t want to know about your sexual desires…” he grumbled and leaned back into the couch. Kaelyn turned to face him and put a hand on his chest. Paul tried to remain calm even though she was touching him. Kaelyn leaned in closer so that her mouth was right next to his ear.

“Are you sure you don’t want to know about my desires?” she whispered with a smirk. Paul gulped but couldn’t form any words. Kaelyn cocked her head to the side and laughed before standing up from the couch.

“Are you hungry? I'm in the mood to cook,” she said as she walked into the kitchen. Paul took a deep breath and tried to get himself back under control. This girl drove him crazy…

“Uh yeah, I'm starving,” he answered and stood up to follow her into the next room. Paul watched her walk around his kitchen like she lived there and it made him smile. If only he had imprinted on her; she would be perfect for him…

~*~

Alice frowned heavily as she stared out the window at the drizzling rain. The wolves were making her life difficult…

“Alice?” The vampire quickly smiled and turned around to face Bella.

“What's up, Bella?” she asked sweetly. Bella stared at Alice suspiciously.

“I just wanted to see what was going on. You’ve been staring out the window for a while now.” Everyone was relaxing in the Cullens' living room besides Carlisle and Esme. Carlisle was at work and Esme was hunting.

“It’s not too important, Bella,” Alice said trying to change the subject, but Bella didn’t let up.

“Is it about Kaelyn?” she asked softly. Emmett glanced at them from the corner of his eye trying to pay attention to the ball game that was playing. Rosalie glared, but tried to continue reading her book.

“Something like that… I can barely see her future at all, and what I do see, I don’t like…” Alice replied quietly.

“What's wrong with her future?” Emmett asked trying to not get too worked up over the idea that something bad was going to happen to her.

“It’s nothing, she must be going to see the wolves more often,” Alice said not wanting to upset him too much.

“That’s true. She practically lives at Paul’s house. I texted her yesterday to see if she wanted to hang out, but she said it was movie night at Paul’s or something…” Emmett stood up and walked over to the girls feeling pissed off.

“Paul? Is she dating him or something?” he asked through gritted teeth. The last thing he wanted was for his singer to end up with a mutt.

“No, Jake said that Paul didn’t imprint on her, but they're really close,” Bella said quietly. Emmett growled and his hands were gripped into fists.

“Why do you care, Emmett? You said you don’t want to be with her. Let the mutt have her,” Rosalie snapped and put her book down. Emmett held his tongue so that he didn’t say anything he would regret later.

“I’m going to hunt. Don’t follow me,” he said looking straight at Rose. She glared at him as he left through the front door. Emmett took off running through the trees looking for any big game.

His feelings were already jumbled, but having Rose act like that wasn’t helping him at all. Emmett knew that he was hurting Rose by not denying how he felt about Kaelyn, but it was harder than he thought it would be to ignore her. Kaelyn’s blood called to him like no other’s had, and that made things so much more complicated…

Emmett stopped dead in his tracks and sniffed the air. Speak of the devil… Kaelyn was somewhere close by… Without thinking, Emmett ran in the direction of her scent. He came into a field with wild flowers everywhere. In the middle of the field, Kaelyn was laying down looking at something in her hands.

Emmett slowly walked closer, but stopped. He didn’t want to scare her off, but he also wanted to know why she was there in the first place.

“Kaelyn?” he called gently. The blonde shot up and jerked her head to the side to look at him. She let out a deep breath and smiled at him.

“You scared the crap out of me,” she laughed, “What are you doing here?” Emmett walked closer and smiled back.

“I could ask you the same thing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been forever... Sorry for the wait. After this, Emmett and Kaelyn get super close (: comments are loved <3