Status: Active (:

My Brother

New Guy

I sat down in Sterling's car and slammed the door. I leaned back and put my feet on the dashboard, sighing.

"What's wrong with you?" Sterling asked.

"Nothing." I muttered.

"Something's definitely wrong. What is it?" he asked, pulling out of the Hillcrest parking lot and onto the highway.

"Christian and I broke up."

"What??" he said, looking at me, his eyes wide.

"Road, Sterling!" I yelled.

He jumped and looked back at the road. "Right...but anyways, why? I thought you guys would never break up."

"He was being a jerk."

"...Do I need to beat him up?"

"No. Not necessary." I said, laughing a little.

"I was serious..."

"I know you were, Sterling. And I was too. It would just make things worse."

"...What was he doing?"

"Just making fun of some kids."

"Did he say anything about you?"

"No." I said. We rode the rest of the way home in silence. We pulled into the driveway, and I got out as soon as the car stopped. I walked up the stairs leading to the front porch and walked inside, heading straight to my room. I closed the door and collapsed on my bed. I fell asleep a few seconds after.

~~

"Morg...Morgan, wake up." Sterling said, shaking me awake. I opened my eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"Someones asking for you at the door." he said, looking a little upset. He left my room and went into his. I got up and walked to the front door, which Sterling had left open. I smiled and walked up to it.

"Hey, Clifton." I said. He smiled back.

"Hey, Morgan. Can I talk to you?" he said.

"Sure. Come in." I backed away from the door. He walked in, and I closed the front door behind him. He followed me into my room, and we closed the door behind us and sat down on my bed.

"What did you wanna talk about?"

"Well...are you okay? With what happened and all, I mean."

"Yeah, I'm fine, I guess."

"Oh...what exactly happened?"

"I don't really know, Clifton. I guess it just got to be too much. I was tired of him making fun of kids."

"I understand...I'm really sorry, I know you guys have been together since 6th grade."

"Yeah...it's kinda sad."

"Well...I know this is a bad time, but I have a question."

"Yeah?"

"Will you go out with me?"

"Like, be your girlfriend?"

"Yeah..."

"Of course." I said, smiling. He smiled back.

"Good." He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. I giggled. "Well, I'm gonna go...my parents are gonna start to get worried."

"Alright. Bye, Cliff."

"Bye, Morgan."

He stood up, smiling, and left. I smiled to myself and resisted the small urge to do a happy dance. Sterling walked in shortly after.

"Who was that?" he asked, sitting down beside me.

"Clifton." I said, smiling.

"What did he want?"

"He asked me out."

"You mean, to be his girlfriend?"

"Yeah."

"What did you say?"

"I said yes."

"UGH! Now there's another guy for me to worry about. Thanks, Morgan. Way to make this 'protective older brother' thing easy." he said, throwing his hands up and walking back into his room. I laughed and layed back down on my bed.