Status: Active (:

My Brother

Pageant News

"The Winterfest Beauty Pagent is coming up next month." Leigh said as all of us (Dad, Leigh, Sterling, Alex, Seth, and I) sat around the kitchen table, eating dinner. "Are you two gonna do it?" She pointed her fork at Alex and I.

"I don't think I will this year. I mean, I've been doing pageants since I was a baby, I'm kinda getting tired of it." Alex said, shrugging.

We all dropped our forks and looked at her in disbelief.

"What?" she asked, laughing at our reactions."

"Are you sure?" Leigh asked. She nodded. "What about you, Morgan?" Leigh turned to me.

"Yeah, I'm doing it." I said, eating a spoonfull of Dad's baked beans. He makes the best.

"I'll take you out to get your dresses tomorrow, if you want." Leigh said, as she and the whole family went back to their dinner.

"Sure." I said.

"I can come with you guys. I love dress shopping." Alex said. I nodded.

We finished our dinner, and went our separate ways. Alex, Seth, Sterling, and I to our rooms, and Dad and Leigh to the living room to watch TV.

I got on my xbox and played Call Of Duty: Black Ops with Christian, Gallaher, Jacob, Brady, and David. I'm interesting when I'm playing Call Of Duty, I scream my head off at the TV whether I'm doing good or bad.

Four hours into my game, it was 10 o'clock. There was a knock at my door.

"COME IN!" I screamed, accidentally. Too used to screaming at the game by this point.

Dad opened the door and raised his eyebrows at me. "Why did you just scream at me?" he said.

"Sorry Dad. Been screaming at the game for awhile. I was in the zone." I said, still playing, not taking my eyes away from the screen.

"It sounds like you're murdering somebody in here."

"I am." I said, as I shot another enemy.

"You need to tone down the screaming. But in case you haven't noticed, which you probably haven't, its 10 o'clock. On a Tuesday. Time for bed, or we'll all be exhausted for work and school tomorrow after listening to you scream 'DIE!' at the game all night."

I giggled. "Okay, Dad. Enough for tonight. Goodnight, I love you."

"Goodnight, I love you too." Dad came over and gave me a kiss on the forehead then left, closing the door behind him.

"Hey guys?" I said, into my headset.

"Yeah?" Christian, David, Jacob, Gallaher, and Brady all said. I couldn't help but laugh.

"I gotta go. Super tired and my family is irritated by my anger at this marvelous game."

"They're not the only ones..." Gallaher muttered.

"SHUT YOUR FACE, GALLY!" I screamed. Everyone laughed.

"Okay, goodnight baby." Christian said.

"Yeah, goodnight baby." Brady, Gallaher, Jacob, and David said. I laughed.

"Night, guys. Love you Christian."

"Love you too." Everyone said.

I smiled and cut off my headset. I left the game then turned off my xbox, and layed my headset on top of my entertainment center. It was super hot in my room (strange for winter, even in Alabama), so I just took off my sweatpants and tank top and lay down in my bed in only my bra and underwear.

"Mmmmm...." I said, snuggling into the covers. It felt great.

I should do this more often.