Status: working progress

Promise of a Lifetime

Good Enough

I woke up and seen Matt sleeping peacefully beside me and it made me smile. I gently got out of bed and walked downstairs. I walked into the kitchen to see everyone awake and sitting around drinking coffee.

"How long you guys been up?" I asked getting some orange juice out of the fridge.

"Long enough for you to scare the shit out of us." Brian said holding his heart. I rolled my eyes and got me a glass out of the cabinet. I poured some and put the juice back in the fridge. I took a long gulp of it and it tasted to damn good. I looked at the guys and they were staring at me.

"What?" I said setting my glass down.

"Oh nothing...We hungry though." Zacky said pouting.

"You are always hungry." I said rolling my eyes again.

"I see you haven't lost your sense of humor." Jimmy said hugging me.

"Thanks a lot Jimmy. Whatever Jesse did to me, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders." I said drinking the rest of my orange juice. I heard the house phone ring and Brian went to answer it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**BRIAN'S POV**

I got up for where I was sitting at the bar and walked into the living room to answer the phone. Who in the hell would be calling this early.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Brian this is Jesse."

"Hey Jesse. What's up?" I said sitting down on the couch.

"Nothing but I meant to tell you yesterday that I'll be back over to your house tonight at 4. I need to talk to Aerial a little more about her past. I meant to tell you that yesterday and something else."

"What is it Jesse?" I said and Matt came down the stairs. "Who is that?" Matt mouthed to me. "Jesse." I said covering up the phone. Matt gave me a thumbs up and walked into the kitchen.

"Well, I meant to tell you yesterday that if she asks you what her procedure is, feel free to talk to her about it. She needs to know about her past and stuff but she will no longer have the nightmares so you don't have to worry about any of that shit."

"Good to know. So you'll be over here at 4 right?" I asked.

"Yes. Talk to her about the procedure before I get there."

"Don't worry I will. The guys are over so they will help me out a lot." I said getting up.

"Alright so I'll see you at 4."

"Alright bye Jesse." I said and hung up the phone. I walked back into the kitchen.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**NORMAL POV**

Matt walked into the kitchen and kissed me as he grabbed a beer from the fridge.

"Really sweetheart? You're going to drink this early?" I questioned.

"Yeah. It's only.." He checked his phone, "Noon."

"Oh. Are you hungry?" I asked opening the fridge and pulling out things that I need.

"Yes."

"Alright. I'll fix us something." I said and Brian came into the kitchen.

"Aerial, Jesse is coming back over today at 4 to go over something with you." Brian said sitting back down at the bar.

"Alright." I said cooking the guys breakfast. I knew after I done this I wouldn't be hungry at all. I finished cooking and sat down at the bar across from Matt. Matt got him some food and sat back in front of me.

"Aren't you going to eat?" he asked.

"No. When I cook I cant eat it." I said stealing Matt's drink and gulping it down. I watched as everyone ate my food. Zacky was already eating his third plate of food and I just shook my head.

"Is my cooking really that good Zacky or are you trying to make me feel good?" I asked.

"Your food is fucking awesome! I wish you could cook for me everyday." Zacky said finishing and putting his plate in the sink. Brian was finished with his and he scooted towards me.

"Here eat this." Brian said drinking his beer. I picked up the fork and began to eat. I really didn't like to eat in the mornings but hell if it would keep the guys off my back I would do it. When I finished eating and started washing the dishes. I finished and put them where they belong and I turned to go into the living room and the guys were still sitting where they were eating.

"Why are you still sitting here?" I asked really confused.

"Well we need to talk to you." Brian said pointing to my seat. I sat down and propped my head in my hands.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" I asked raising up.

"Well as you know Jesse is coming back over to talk to you some more but he wanted us to tell you about the procedure he had done." Brian said taking a drink of his beer.

"Oh you mean the hypnosis?" I said understandingly. The guys looked at me confused.

"You knew what he was doing?" Zacky asked raising a brow.

"Yeah. I felt his presence and I knew he had put me under hypnosis. Don't worry guys. I know about my past and I can actually go to bed and sleep peacefully without a nightmare waking me up." I explained and they all seemed shocked at what I had just said.

"Guys will you stop staring at me like that. It's really....creepy." I said.

"Sorry but we never knew that you knew what was going on. I mean what you did in the living room yesterday was a shocker and now you know what happened and you have no nightmares. That's really amazing!" Jimmy said putting his hand on mine.

"Yeah Aerial. Why didn't you say something?" Johnny asked.

"I didn't want to scare you guys. So when is Jesse coming over?" I asked again.

"4. We need to find some way to occupy ourselves before 4." Matt said winking at me. I just rolled my eyes and Brian punched Matt's arm. I got up and went into the living room and sat down on the couch turning on the TV and flipping through the channels. Jimmy came running in and jumped on the couch next to me hugging me tightly.

"Damn Jimmy. I love you too but do you have to do your Dukes of Hazzard routine?" I said laughing.

"Of course I do. I love doing it." he said proudly.

"That's what she said." I laughed and he did too. The rest of the guys came in and Matt pulled me off the couch and sat down in my spot.

"Thanks hunny." he said. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. He pulled me down on his lap and I got up.

"What?" He said innocently.

"You stole my spot. I'm sitting on Jimmy." I said sitting on Jimmy's lap and putting my feet on Matt. He pouted and Jimmy and I laughed. We watched some show that the guys like and then they turned it on sports and I got up and started up the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Matt said.

"My room. I don't watch much sports." I said and ran up the stairs. I shut my door and locked it. I turned up my radio and it was blasting Suffocate by Cold. I love that song so damn much. I was singing along and I picked up my guitar and started to learn how to play it. After hearing the song about 3 times I was a master at it. I heard a knock at the door. I got up laying my guitar down on the bed and turning my radio down before opening the door.

"Hey Zacky. What's up?" I said leaning against the door frame.

"Brian asked me to come and get you. Jesse is here." He said. I walked out of my room and down the stairs with him. I seen Jesse sitting in the recliner and I sat down on the couch next to Matt and Brian.

"Hello Aerial. How are you feeling today?" Jesse asked.

"I'm feeling pretty good." I said turning my phone on silent so I wouldn't be disturbed.

"Good to know. Now I'm sure the guys have explained the procedure that I did." he said writing something down.

"Yeah and I told them that I still remember everything in my past but I have no more nightmares. Thanks to you." I said smiling. He looked up from his writing and smiled back. I cant believe something as simple as hypnosis could get rid of all those nightmares. Maybe I should have done it sooner.

"Yeah and you are very welcome. You don't have any side effects do you?" Jesse asked.

"No...The only thing is that I sleep better but I can still remember all the shit that happened but that hypnosis thing you did works wonders. I mean I know it's a new procedure but it should be used all the time." I said excited. We talked a little bit more and he soon left and it was time for dinner. Val was in the kitchen cooking us dinner and it smelled so good. I was now back up in my room working on a song and I finally came up with two and I started singing and playing. I hadn't come up with a name for one of them but the other I did. It's called Believe.

I'm still trying to figure out
How to tell you I was wrong
I can't fill the emptiness inside
Since you've been gone

So is it you or is it me?
I know I said things that I didn't mean
But you should've known me by now
You should've known me

If you believed when I said
I'd be better off without you
Then you never really knew me at all

If you believed when I said
That I wouldn't be thinking about you
You thought you knew the truth
But you're wrong

You're all that I need
Just tell me that you still believe

I can't undo the things
That led us to this place
But I know there's something more
To us than our mistakes

So is it you or is it me?
I know I'm so blind when we don't agree
But you should've known me by now
You should've known me

If you believed when I said
I'd be better off without you
Then you never really knew me at all

If you believed when I said
That I wouldn't be thinking about you
You thought you knew the truth
But you're wrong

You're all that I need
Just tell me that you still believe

Is it you or is it me?
I know I said things that I didn't mean
You should've known me by now
You should've known me

If you believed when I said
I'd be better off without you
Then you never really knew me at all

If you believed when I said
That I wouldn't be thinking about you
You thought you knew the truth
But you're wrong

'Cause you're all that I want
Don't you even know me at all?
You're all that I need
Just tell me that you still believe

I finished the song and seen Jimmy standing in the doorway of my room.

"That was amazing! Absolutely amazing!" he said and I blushed.

"Thanks Jimmy. I'm writing some new songs. I've got two. Want to hear the other one?" I asked.

"Hell yeah!" he said leaning against the door. I began to play and sing.

Death until the dust, and we're waiting
Ruined in the rust, of our craving
It feels like, it feels like
Don't you know the cost, of your betrayal?
You're the one that's lost, you're gonna fail
It feels like, it feels like you're gasping with all your might

You can't take away my strength
Fix these broken veins
There's nothing left to fight (Live free or let me die)
You can't take away my pride, I won't be denied
There's nothing left to fight (Live free or let me die)

Insects walk below, I'm on a wire
Fire will burn below, but I am higher
It feels like, it feels like
Don't you know the cost, of your betrayal?
You're the one that's lost, you're gonna fail
It feels like, it feels like you're gasping with all your might

You can't take away my strength
Fix these broken veins
There's nothing left to fight (Live free or let me die)
You can't take away my pride, I won't be denied
There's nothing left to fight (Live free or let me die)

Do you remember how
You became who you are now?
Do you remember how
It felt to breathe without
Gasping with all your might?

You can't take away my strength
Fix these broken veins
Nothing left to fight

You can't take away my strength
Fix these broken veins
There's nothing left to fight (Live free or let me die)
You can't take away my pride, I won't be denied
There's nothing left to fight
Nothing left to fight (Nothing left to fight)
Live free or let me die
Live free or let me die
Live free or let me die

The song came to an end and Jimmy was clapping. I smiled and he sat down beside me.

"You have a real talent! Just wait until the guys here this!" he said putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah I was just wondering when it would be a good time to let them hear it. I mean the one would just heard I ain't got a name for. The one you walked in on me playing is called Believe." I said.

"Maybe the guys can help you out with a song title." he said.

"Great idea! Thanks Jimmy!" I said hugging him and kissing his cheek.

"No problem kiddo. Anyways, dinner is ready." he said and I put my guitar down and went downstairs to eat. The dinner was so awesome and so delicious.

"That was so good!" I said rubbing my stomach. I was beyond full. I thought I was going to bust. Jimmy leaned into me and whispered that I should play the songs tonight. I just nodded and smiled.

"Brian. Aerial wrote 2 songs just a little while ago. She would like to know if you all would like to hear them." Jimmy said. All the guys nodded and I just smiled.

"Alright. Go sit in the living room and I'll be in there in just a little while." I said and ran up to my room to get my guitar. I brought it back down and all the guys were waiting impatiently.

"Alright guys. This first song I wrote just a little while ago and it's called Believe." I said and I began to play and sing it. I seen all the guys looking at my and rocking out to my awesome song. I never missed a note or a lyric. I was very proud of myself when the song came to an end. The guys all clapped while Matt and Brian whistled at me. I bowed.

"Thanks guys. Now this next song I haven't come up with a title too and I really need your help in figuring out a good title." I said and they nodded. I began to play and the guys did the exact same thing they did to my other song.

Death until the dust, and we're waiting
Ruined in the rust, of our craving
It feels like, it feels like
Don't you know the cost, of your betrayal?
You're the one that's lost, you're gonna fail
It feels like, it feels like you're gasping with all your might

You can't take away my strength
Fix these broken veins
There's nothing left to fight (Live free or let me die)
You can't take away my pride, I won't be denied
There's nothing left to fight (Live free or let me die)

Insects walk below, I'm on a wire
Fire will burn below, but I am higher
It feels like, it feels like
Don't you know the cost, of your betrayal?
You're the one that's lost, you're gonna fail
It feels like, it feels like you're gasping with all your might

You can't take away my strength
Fix these broken veins
There's nothing left to fight (Live free or let me die)
You can't take away my pride, I won't be denied
There's nothing left to fight (Live free or let me die)

Do you remember how
You became who you are now?
Do you remember how
It felt to breathe without
Gasping with all your might?

You can't take away my strength
Fix these broken veins
Nothing left to fight

You can't take away my strength
Fix these broken veins
There's nothing left to fight (Live free or let me die)
You can't take away my pride, I won't be denied
There's nothing left to fight
Nothing left to fight (Nothing left to fight)
Live free or let me die
Live free or let me die
Live free or let me die

The song ended and they clapped and I blushed so big. I think I was as red as an apple.

"So got any ideas for a title?" I asked taking a drink of water.

"How about Nothing Left?" Zacky asked. I shook my head at it.

"Broken Veins?" Brian said. I shook my head again.

"Cant Take Away My Pride?" Matt said and I again shook my head no.

"How about Pride?" Johnny said and another no to that one. They all sat there and thought.

"Hey how about Live Free or Let Me Die?" Jimmy said and everyone looked at him and I smiled.

"Thanks Jimmy! That's it! Why didn't I see it." I said face palming myself. All the guys loved the title and I was thinking about playing Suffocate by Cold. Maybe they would like to hear.

"Hey you guys want to hear another song that I learned to play after hearing it about 3 times?" I asked and they all smiled and nodded.

"Alright. This song is Suffocate by Cold but I'm going to change some of the words to it." I said. Jimmy was jumping and screaming it was his favorite song. I began to play and sing once more.

I could take every fucking word he says
Throw it in his face
but would he even care
I still remember when he looked at me
that frown upon his face
Trying to be sincere
I gathered all those little things he said
Kept them close to me
Trying to make this real
This cloud will always hover over me
I'm leaving you today
'cause now I see

Suffocate, you suffocate
That you lie (I don't lie)
That your fake (I'm not Fake)
Suffocate, you suffocate
You always take (I don't take)
What you can (what I can)

I could take every fucking game you play
Blow it all away
but would you even care
I could take all those lies you said to me
Never go away
Never disappear
This cloud will always hover over me
I'm leaving you today
'Cause now I see

Suffocate, you suffocate
That you lie (I don't lie)
That your fake (I'm not Fake)
Suffocate, you suffocate
You always take (I don't take)
What you can (what I can)

Suffocate, you suffocate
That you lie (I don't lie)
That your fake (I'm not Fake)
Suffocate, you suffocate
You always take (I don't take)
What you can (what I can)

Now I'm far away from you (You're always far away)
I'll never bring back yesterday (bring back yesterday)
You're such a fake it's true (you're such a fake)
I can't believe the words you say
I'm far away from you
I'll never bring back yesterday

Suffocate, you suffocate
That you lie (I don't lie)
That your fake (I'm not Fake)
Suffocate, you suffocate
You always take (I don't take)
What you can (what I can)

I always take
What I can

The song ended and I got all kinds of claps and cheers. I looked at my phone and seen it was 11 and I was extremely tired from the day of writing and shit so I went to take a shower and lay in bed. I knew Matt would be downstairs until the guys left so I quickly dressed and laid down pulling the covers up to shoulders and falling off into a deep slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Credit: Believe and Live Free or Let Me Die by Skillet and Suffocate by Cold.

Please comment :)