Status: Taking A Break

It Could Happen To Anyone

See You Tomorrow

Jill

“Hey Shea, it’s your best friend Jill will you for once pick up your phone? I need to ask you about when you want me to come over, I thought mowing lawns would be an easy summer job but you’re making it so flippin difficult! Text me later, bye!” I hang up on Shea’s voicemail and get off my bed.

“Jill, dinner time!” My mom yells from downstairs.

“Coming!” I answer and run down stairs.

“Hey Jill can you come tomorrow to pick a color for the living room?” my dad asks as I sit down, “Your sisters are too busy with work and you brother is going to Bush Gardens with Melanie,” Man, I can’t believe my brother has a girlfriend but I don’t have a boyfriend.

“Sorry but I can’t,” I answer thinking about Shea, “I’m mowing the Burnett’s lawn tomorrow and Shea won’t tell me when to come. I need to know because we’re going somewhere afterwards. Sorry Dad but I think any color would look nice,”

Dad shrugs, “It’s fine I mean, you’re not going to be here very long, you’re going back to Mcgill University again in August which is what? Two months away?”

I smile, “Yeah, sophomore year, man, it’s going to be great!”

“Don’t get ahead of yourself,” my Dad tells me. I know that all his kids are either in or done with college. All his little babies have grown up, poor guy. That’s why he’s always telling me, “There’s still two months” or “Don’t get head of yourself.”

“Whatever,” I say back even though I’m thinking, Pursuing my dream of being a pediatrician, College parties and Montreal Canadiens Hockey games, I can NOT wait! When I lived here, I loved the Carolina Hurricanes, but I don’t really follow them anymore. Now it’s all about the Habs!

Just then my phone buzzed so I pulled it out and found that I got a text from Shea, “No phones at the dinner table,” my mom tells me so I stuff what’s left on my plate into my mouth and run into the living room to read the text,

Hey Jill, lovely voice message, I’m not sure when I’ll get back from swim practice but if you could be done mowing the lawn between 11:00 am and 12:00 am then I think it’ll work out.

I answer,

That’ll probably work out, I’ll be there around 10:00 so I can finish in that time range. See you later!

And She responds just with,

See you, bye!

I finish reading her text and go up to my room, flop down on my bed and open up my laptop. I want to see what going on in the hockey world even though the playoffs have already ended.

I read something about Jeff Skinner being Nominated for the Caulder Trophy and I get curious so I look him up. I find three things, He plays for the Carolina Hurricanes, He is 19 years old, and He is SUPER cute!
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this my first chapter, it's really descriptive because I'm trying to show you all the characters. Please don't judge it by the first one, I promise the next one will be so much better!