Status: Taking A Break

It Could Happen To Anyone

Pretty Girl

Jill

“Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world, she took the midnight train going any-”

“HEY!! COULD YOU HELP ME?!” I was listening to my ipod while mowing the Burnett’s lawn when I heard someone behind me, so I cut the motor took my headphones out said,

“I’m sorry but what did you say?”

I turn around, and see this tall, cute, ripped guy wearing swimming trunks and a Carolina Hurricanes shirt. I don’t know how but he seemed familiar.

“I was wondering, do you live here?”

All of a sudden I realized, “Oh my gosh you’re Jeff Skinner!”

He frowned and said, “No,”

I was shocked, did I really just do that? But just then he smiles and says, “Just kidding,”

“Don’t do that I was seriously freaking out!”

“I can’t believe you fell for that,” he said, laughing.

“Well, I don’t follow the Hurricanes so excuse me, I like the Habs!”

“But you knew who I was!” He says still smiling.

“Yes, since last night because I read that you’re nominated for the Caulder trophy.”

“Oh please,”

I can’t help but laugh, Jeff does too, “Wait so why did you stop me from doing my job?”

Jeff stops laughing and looks at me, “Job? You mean you don’t live here?”

I shake my head, “Nope sorry but I do know a ton about this neighborhood. My best friend Shea lives here,”

“That’s an interesting relationship, does she mow your lawn?” Jeff asks sarcastically.

“No,” I say laughing, “It’s my summer job,”

“Why?”

“I don’t know, it’s simple but forget that, could I help you with something or did you just stop to chat with a girl for the fun of it?”

“No I didn’t stop to talk to a pretty girl fun for the fun of it,”

“I didn’t say pretty but whatever” I answer smiling. Jeff cheeks turn pink but he just continued where he left off,

“I was wondering, if you do know this neighborhood, do you know where Brian Boucher lives?”

“Yeah, don’t worry you’ve got the right neighborhood, just go up this road and turn left when you get on to Harper street, he’s the first house on the left,”

“Thanks pretty girl,” Jeff says sarcastically even though his cheeks are still pink.

Jeff gets back into his truck and waves goodbye.

I finish mowing the lawn and get a text saying that Shea won’t be home for another 30 minutes and that I should go to the neighborhood pool to cool off. I text her back saying that’s where I’ll be and go inside to change into one of Shea’s bathing suits. Her being a swimmer, she’s got a ton and we’re pretty much the same size anyway, both tall and thin. I choose a nice white one with lace. After I’m done changing I lock up the house and start walking to the pool.

When I get there it’s empty which is great because usually there are some little kids here and they’re always trying to play with me even though I’m relaxing. Love little kids but, just not that much!

I slip off my sophie shorts and put my feet in. It’s not that cold so I go deeper up to my hips then I plunge under and splash around a bit. After the North Carolina summer heat, nothing beats a nice pool.

I was about to get out and tan when a group of guys came in. They looked familiar. I decided to stay in for a bit longer and rest on the edge then I heard a voice saying, “Hey pretty girl!”

I look and around shielding my eyes from the sun and see Jeff waving at me. I smile and wave back. Then motion him to come over.

“Well isn’t this a surprise,” I say smiling. When he has come over.

“We might not have anymore of these surprises unless, you decide to oh, I don’t know, give me your number?” he asked, smiling.

At first I said nothing out of shock and then I said, “No,”

He looked confused and disappointed, I could see why, who would reject Jeff Skinner? This is what he gets for tricking me but then I smiled and said, “Gotcha!”

He still doesn’t smile and says, “Not cool,”

I look at him, he actually looks angry, “Hey I’m sorry it was just revenge, I-“ I noticed him trying to hide a smiled. “I don’t want to play anymore,” I say sarcastically.

“You’re so gullible!” Jeff laughs not pretending anymore. “But I am too so yeah, we should stop,”

“So about that number…” I say smiling.

“Sorry,” Jeff says walking away, “I don’t want it anymore,”

“Jeff!” I say getting out of the pool to follow him.

“But you can have mine,” Jeff says walking out to the other guys and his stuff.

“I won’t take anything until you know my name,” I say crossing my arms, he doesn’t even know my name even though he wants to have my number.

“Wow, I feel like I know you even though I don’t” Jeff says laughing at how cheesy what he just said sounds like.

“Well my name is Jillian Lee but you can call me Jill,”

“Nice to meet you,” Jeff says sarcastically making a big deal of shaking my hand, “My name is Jeffery Skinner but you can call my Jeff,”

“What if I prefer Jeffery?” I ask.

“What if I prefer Jillian?” Jeff asks.

“I hate my full name, call me Jill,”

“Jill it is, Jeff Skinner just sounds better,”

“I laugh, “Jeff it is,”

“Well maybe we could get to know each other, perhaps over dinner tonight?” Jeff asks as we walk over my stuff so he can put his number into my phone.

“Sure,” I answer, “I’ll text you with the details.” After Jeff gave me my phone back it buzzed with another text from Shea saying that she’s home and to go back to her house.

“Well, I have to go,” I tell him after answering Shea with a ‘be there soon’.

“So I’ll see you tonight?’ Jeff asks.

I nod, “Yup but I have some questions,”

“What do you want to know?”

“Nothing I’ll ask you tonight,”

“Well I have a question for you,” Jeff says smiling again, “Would I be lucky enough for kiss?”

I smile, “I don’t think so but I’ll give you a hug,” I say walking towards him with my arms out wide.
He bear hugs me and I can’t help but notice that he smells like cinnamon.
“To kiss you I have to actually know you, not think that I know you,” I say mocking him about what he said.

“Oh c’mon,” Jeff says still smiling.

“Fine,” I answer kissing his cheek, “Now I have to go, I’ll see you tonight! Bye Jeff”

Jeff laughs, “Bye pretty girl,”
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I'm going to start writing from Jeff's point of View too, please comment and tell me what you think!