Status: Taking A Break

It Could Happen To Anyone

Nothing Special

Jeff

“So,” Jill says sitting on the one the barstools in my kitchen. “About continuing what happened in the parking lot…”

I lean over the island to kiss her. As I pull away I laugh, “What?” she asks.

I shrug, “You seem so enthusiastic, why?”

Jill pauses and thinks of what to say, “I’ve always had a thing for hockey players,”

I smirk, “Really?”

She nods, “Oh yeah, Peter was a hockey player,””

“Was he a professional?” I ask through gritted teeth.

She laughs, “Jealous much?”

I don’t relax but she kisses me. “I’m totally one hundred percent over him,” she says smiling.

“But your brother isn’t,” I answer.

“Haven’t I told you to forget my brother?” Jill says with her face growing serious.

“Yes,” I groan and walk over to sit on the couch in the living room. Jill follows and sits next to me putting her hand on my knee.

“You shouldn’t worry,” she says soothingly, “How would you feel if you best friend went out with your little sister and your sister dumped him?”

I shrug, “Jillian hasn’t dated anyone so I wouldn’t know,”

“Okay why are talking in third person, and I told you I like Jill,”

I look at her confused and then I laugh, “My sister’s name is Jillian too,”

“Really?” She asks, “This is going to get confusing.”

I relax a bit and laugh at her worried expression, “We always call her Jilly and you’re Jill so, that’s how we’ll figure it out.”

She nods, “When will I meet your family,”

I shrug, “In a month we’re all going to Las Vegas to the NHL Awards.” Which brings me to another question, is Jill coming?

“So what should we do?” Jill asks bringing me out of my thoughts.

I shrug, “Want to see what’s on TV?”

She nods and I grab the remote and turn the TV on, “Aw the Titanic! Keep it!” She snaps, taking the remote from my hands.

I roll my eyes, “I was just going to turn up the volume.

“Oh,” She says giving me the remote back and resting her head on my shoulder.

We sit there in silence watching Rose and Jack dance. Then Justin comes in making Jill jump.

“Hey Biebs!” Justin says walking into the living room.

I roll my eyes, “Hey Justin,”

“Hi,” Jill says taking her head off my shoulder and sitting up.

“Hey…”

“Jill,” She finishes for him.

He nods, “Yeah Jill, it’s hard to keep track of all Jeff’s girls,”

“Justin!” I say glaring at him. He laughs. Jill looks at me; I can’t believe she believes Justin. I whisper in her ear, “Do you really think I would cheat on you?” She sits there and thinks, “Oh c’mon Jill!” I say out loud.

She shrugs, “I’m just a regular college student and you’re a really good professional hockey player! You way out of my league,”

I sit there, staring at her, shocked. I can’t believe that she thinks that. I shake my head and get up. Then I take her hand and pull her up. I take her into my bedroom so it was more private.

“You have no idea how lucky I am to have you!” I say.

She looks at me, “Jeff you could have any girl you want, why would you want me?”

I look at her. She always seemed so confident. “Because you’re everything I could wish for and more!”

She still sits there and stares at me. So I keep talking, “I love how you’re always ready to tell me what you feel and that you get so excited to see me. I’m nothing special.”

I see tears in her eyes, “But Jeff I know I’ve only known you for a couple of days but these have been the best days of my life! How is it even possible that you would feel the same way?”

“But I do!” I say walking over to her and taking her hands. “I really do,” I say as I lean down to kiss her.

Ever since she mentioned it in the car earlier I’ve been thinking about it, now I know how I feel. As I pull away I whisper in her ear, “I love you.”

She smiles, “I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I was watching the Titanic. Great movie by the way! I would very much appreciate it if you would please tell me what you think! I don't know what you want! And I would like to know so I could somehow put it in the story, I make it up as I go along. If you have any idea PLEASE don't hesitate to tell me!!