‹ Prequel: Romeo In Blue Jeans
Status: On the making

Two Worlds Collide

twelve.

“Let’s leave.”

“I think you’ve had too much to drink tonight, John.” Garrett raised an eyebrow. We sat in the backyard of the Kirch home. We had a day off everything. Tour, writing, interviews, and wedding plans were set down for one day. Bryce was having some quality time with his grandparents and uncles again. The guys still had it set in their minds to record a new album, no matter how many times the no’s they received from Warner Brothers. They wanted to get this great idea out into the world. It was the perfect new story and growth for them. It was who they really were.

“I mean, let’s go to El Paso and record this damn album.” John rolled his eyes. I was lying back on the hammock with him as Kennedy softly pushed us back and forth with his foot.

“But they’re not supporting us.” Pat sighed. John didn’t know what to say then. It was true. How could they manage to produce this new album? They needed the right stuff and budget. I looked at each of the guys, and it hurt to see how upset they were.

I cleared my throat, “I believe in you guys. I know you can do it. I’ll be right there every step of the way.”

They all smiled. Real smiles, which I hadn’t seen for a while since the big men had declined their idea. I looked into John’s eyes, somehow reassuring him that I knew they could get through this. I squeezed his hand and he smiled.

“I know we can do this.” He nod.

“Let’s do this shit! Fuck it! I’m making some phone calls right now.” Tim hopped up from his seat, gulped the rest of his beer down, and ran inside. I smiled proudly as John kissed my forehead.

“Do you guys really think we can do this? That our fans will still support us?” Kennedy asked, playing with a piece of grass in his hand.

“I for sure believe in us making this album happen.” Assured John.

“Yeah,” Pat cheered. “Screw the men in suits. We can do this shit on our own.”

“Let’s do this shit!” Jared agreed.

My boys.

KIRKY POV

What do ducks do all day? They just swam around and patiently waited for people to feed them. Maybe they had a better life than I did right now. Ever since I left, my life seemed to not be made up of anything. It hadn’t been since Vivi had told me she had slept with Kennedy, but since the day she admitted that she had fallen for him. That’s what hurt me the most. The fact that I had lost the most important thing in my world. Now she hated me. I deserved it. I had exaggerated and I deserved the fact that she hated me.

I had been so harsh on her, when I had been unfaithful first. She forgave me. Now that she slept with someone else, I couldn’t bring myself to forgive her. Even to this day, I haven’t been able to forgive her. But I also couldn’t forgive myself. Maybe I was so angry for the fact that it was a friend and since she actually developed feelings for someone besides for me.

I had always wanted to be with her. I had always seen such a bright and happy future with her. Getting married, living together, and raising our child or maybe even children. I could always call her mine. But now she had someone else calling her his. I wasn’t as angry with Kennedy, and I couldn’t understand why.

I wasn’t depressed, just upset and hurt. I missed her so much. I missed holding her. Each time she told me how much she loved me, the butterflies in the pit of my stomach would go wild. I was getting on Jason’s and Dylan’s nerves, and no matter how many times Simon said I wasn’t annoying, I knew he was lying to not make me feel like shit. The same thing that Carter did. She always puts everyone before her. Her heart is enormous. I missed her like I missed Melli. They had promised me that they hadn’t lost me, but I knew they were upset for the way I had treated Vivi.

The reason I get so angry when I see her is because I don’t see the gleam in her eye I used to see before when she would see me. She didn’t smile whenever I was around.

“Stop being so emo, bro,” Jason groaned, strumming his bass. “You’re starting to worry me.”

I sighed, “Sorry.”

When my phone rang in my pocket, I jumped. I fished for it in my pocket and smiled when Carter’s name appeared on the screen.

“I have amazing news, Kirky!” Carter announced the second I answered the phone.

“What is it?”

“We’re going to El Paso to record the guys’ new album.” She cheered and I couldn’t help but smile.

“That’s great. When shall we expect you all?”

“Next week,” She responded. “We’re celebrating Bryce’s birthday over there.”

The it hit me, and I asked, “Wait, when you say we, do you mean?”

“No, it’s just me and the guys,” She sighed, and I let a deep breath out. “You need to talk to her, Kirky.”

“No.”

“What are you afraid of, Kirky?” She groaned.

“I’m afraid to hear her say that she fell out of love with me.” I admitted what I had been holding in for so long.

Carter sighed on the other end of the line again, “Make things right, Kirky. It will be alright. I promise.”

“I’ll do it just for you.”

“I miss you so much,” I could hear the smile on her voice. “And I love you.”

“So do I. I miss you all.”

“Come home to us soon.”

I was coming home. No matter what, I would show Vivi that there was still that part in her heart that wanted to be with me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

CARTER POV

“We’re going to Texas next week!” I announced, excited. I was skipping around mine and John’s room, packing up clothes and so was John. Melli and Vivi were over while the rest of the guys were in their own homes packing. Bryce was bouncing happily on Melli’s lap.

“You have another tour?” Melli asked.

“No, there’s not another tour planned until after the wedding.” John answered, stuffing as much paper as he could into his bag. He had these huge ideas in his head that he was ready to put into writing.

“Does Kirky know?” Vivi whispered, looking down at Bryce.

“He does.” I nod. She sighed and stood, walking out of the bedroom. I looked at John and Melli, before following her. She was in the backyard, swinging back and forth on the hammock. I joined her, and we swung in silence for a few minutes.

“I miss him.” She broke the silence.

I gave her a small smile, “I know you do.”

“But he hurt me,” She continued. “And now I’m with Kennedy.”

“You need to follow your heart.”

She sighed, “But I don’t know what my heart wants.”

“You should talk to Kirky then. Maybe that would help you.” I pushed on.

“We can barely be in a room together for two minutes without want to kill each other.”

“You’re both stubborn, but I know you can do it,” I assured her. “I’m going to talk to him while we’re over there. He’s staying with us.”

“Thank you.” She smiled, wrapping me in a tight hug. My phone had to ruin mine and my best friend’s moment. I rolled my eyes when I saw the caller ID before answering.

“When are you coming?” He whined.

“Soon, Halvo,” I answered. “We’ll be there in thirty minutes.”

“Hurry because I miss you, girlfriend.” I could hear the pout in his voice.

“Cuddle with Andrew until I get there.” He made a gagging noise and I laughed before hanging up the phone.

“Eric?” Vivi asked as we walked back into the house.

“Yeah,” I nod and we went back into the bedroom where John was still running around and Melli was playing with Bryce. “Halvo’s desperate for us to go.”

“I can’t find my lucky pick.” John said, looking around frantically. I chuckled and stepped around him, slipping my hand around the picture of John, Bryce, and I that stood on the nightstand. I showed him the pick and he grinned.

“You said you were going to put it somewhere you looked every morning and it made you smile.” I smiled as he took it from my hand.

“And I couldn’t hide it on you.” He remembered. He had settled to hiding it behind the picture so he wouldn’t misplace it. His lips attached to mine with a smirk and I grabbed his collar, pulling him into me.

“Ewwy.” Bryce mumbled, clapping his hands together. Everyone laughed and John picked him up, kissing each part of his face.

“Kisses are not ewwy.” He said between each kiss. Bryce laughed his wonderful laugh and I joined.

After dropping off Bryce with the O’Callaghan’s, we finally made it to Halvo’s. There were cars parked around his house, so we had to park down the street. Once inside the cool house, music boomed from wall to wall and people crowded around. There was a beer pong game set up in the backyard, and that’s where most people were. The ones inside were the loners or whoever was trying to hook up with strangers. I didn’t recognize a lot of people, but those who I did were the ones playing beer pong or cheering the players on.

“Carter! You made it.” Halvo cheered, flailing his body over mine.

“Everyone loves Carter instead of me now.” John pout.

“Don’t be so hard on yourself, Johnny.” Pat said.

“Even though it’s true.” Garrett snorted. John flicked him off before grabbing a cold bottle of beer. Melli was taken by Garrett shortly after to play corn hole with Matt, Aaron, Kenny, and Vivi.

Once Halvo released me, I jumped into John’s arms. He hugged me tightly and handed me his beer. I took a long drink before handing it back. I kissed him and jumped off his arms. I told him I was going to find Lex before disappearing into the crowd. I grabbed a beer as I walked past the kitchen. I couldn’t find her or Loren anywhere. There were way too many people around. Some probably didn’t even know who Halvo was in the first place but jumped at a chance to party. I head outside to the front yard and took a deep breath. The loud music was making my head hurt. I leaned my back against the house and watched as the clouds drifted by.

“Crowded in there?”

I turned my head to the voice. A tall, long blonde hair, thin girl stood there. She had a bright smile that shone adorning her face.

She had the most amazing…smile.

Her eyes were shinning blue.

With eyes like a sunsets, baby.

And her heels made her legs seem like they could go on for days.

And legs that went on for days.

“Yeah,” I nod.

“There’s barely anyone I recognize in there.” She agreed.

“You’re new here?” I asked.

“Not really. I’ve known most of the people in there since high school. I was the new girl once.”

There was a new girl in town.

“And now I’m the new girl,” I chuckled. “How do you know Halvo?”

She shrugged, “I dated one of his friends throughout high school. How do you know him?”

“My fiancé is his best friend.”

“Wait,” She gasped. “You’re John O’Callaghan’s fiancé?”

“Y-yeah.”

“Good luck with that sweet heart.” She rolled her eyes.

“Excuse me?” I raised an eyebrow. What the hell did she mean by that?

“I dated O’Callaghan for almost two years. He broke up with me and left me like trash,” She replied with disgust sounding in her voice. “He’ll get sick of you too.”

I had a feeling she had been John’s once. He had obviously loved her to even write songs about her. He had probably even loved her more than she loved me. She was gorgeous and perfect. I felt self-conscious then. How could John have downgraded from her to me?

“Y-you’re wrong.” I shook my head and she laughed.

“Carter?” Her laugh was cut short by the one and only. “Amber?”

“Hey, JohnOhh.” She waved her fingers at his seductively. I looked from her to him, and I couldn’t hold back the tears anymore. I ran back into the house. I found another beer and gulped it down as I made my way through the crowd.

“What’s wrong, Carter?” John asked once he was finally able to catch up with me. I had already downed five beers. He took my face in his hands and gazed into my eyes. “You’re drunk.”

“She said some things…” I started.

“What did she say?” His face turned serious. I told him everything she had told me and he was angry. “Don’t listen to that slut. I would never get sick of you. I broke up with her because she was a slut and cheated on me.”

“But she’s so much prettier than me.”

“Are you kidding me? You’re the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Not only in looks, but in personality as well. Your heart is the biggest around.”

“I’m sorry.” I said, burying my face in his chest. He whispered soothingly into my ear and kissed my head.

Screw that slut who had tried to break my bond with John. She was just angry that John was doing so well without her. But I was happy and I knew he was as well. This night had been a test. A test to prove how strong I was. I had broken and failed. As I thought about it, I won. John really loved me to no end, and that was what made me happy. To know that he loved me more that he had ever lover her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only one comment again. Sorry for taking so long. This chapter was supposed to be short, but I made it longer.
Who's excited for Some Days tonight? Well, who's excited for all of Pioneer? I am beyond excited.
:DDD