Status: long hiatus.

Heartless and Heartbroken

Três

Three days. It took her three days to make me agree with her stupid, mind tricking, crazy and psychotic plan. How did this even happen in the first place, I have no idea, but Rachel was so proud of her scheme that I couldn’t resist. I guess friends would actually do anything for one another - and she begged me for days, literally!

After I got off work we both went to a cafe near the record shop.

"So, tell me, what did your mind came up with this time, love?" Another one of her mind blowing plans. Oh this one ought to be good, Amelia thought.

"Well, you know how we kind of broke-up, right?"

Kind of?

"Kind of? What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, Mia."

Nope, I do not, Rach.

"So, I was thinking that um… You might want to help me? You know I can’t do this by myself and you’re my best friend and you love me and you’d do anything for me and like, you know that one time whe-"

"Rachel. Just go straight to the point, woman." She’s not the type to get nervous, or ramble, so this might actually be one of those evil plans that turn out badly – whether it’s for her or Nathan this time, I’m not sure.

"I need you to seduce Nate."

And there it is. My mind went blank for a while and she must’ve sensed that because she continued. "You know how he is a total man-whore and being dumped is just… not in his dictionary: It doesn’t happen. I want it to happen. I want you to drag him in and then humiliate him. I know this sounds crazy," Ya’ think? "but I need you to do this for me, you’re my best friend, I couldn’t ask anyone else and you’re the only person I can trust that would actually do this right. So, would you? Would you help a friend in need?"

I think my jaw was hanging by a thread by the end of that - or maybe it was already out the door. I couldn’t believe she was actually serious, why would she want me to do such a thing? And not only that but that plan is just plain mean – not to mention stupid. Me? Seducing Nathan? Yeah right.

"You’re… You want me to… do what?!" I might have drawn some attention to us after that screech but at that point I couldn’t care less, her request was absurd.

"I want you to entice him and then break him." She said that as calmly as she could but with a mischief look in her eyes.

"Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? If you like him then why don’t you 'entice' him back again? Rach, that is completely nonsensical. Why would you think I‘d do such thing?"

"Because you’re my friend. You have to help me. Please, I’m begging you, Amelia. Please!" She wasn’t as calm as before, she looked nervous and fidgety and for a second I thought she was going crazy, that he actually did break her heart, that he broke her and made her go lunatic. She wanted me to do it, period. But I can’t and I won’t.

"I’m sorry, Rachel. You’ll have to find someone else to help you with this one."

I was getting ready to leave when she grabbed my arm and looked at me with a plea in her eyes.

I had to get out of that cafe fast.


I’m still not sure how she convinced me to do it though.

I was running in a nearby park, like I do every few days, trying to focus only on my feet picking up speed, and the oxygen entering my lungs, when I hear my name being called.

"Mia, wait up" Rachel was running to catch up with me.

She got to me breathing heavily "I thought I’d run into you."

"Yeah, I felt like exercising today"

"Oh. So what are you doing today?" We kept talking for a few more minutes while walking through the park when the only thing I did not need to hear came up.

"Mia, have you thought a bit more about that thing?"

"What 'thing'?" I knew exactly what she was talking about, of course, that’s what she has been talking about nonstop for 3 days now.

"You know... the thing involving Nate."

"Oh, that thing" How many times do I have to say that I won’t do it for her to understand? It’s starting to get annoying.

"Mia, I know I’ve said this way too many times but I can’t let him go and hurt other girls like he did to me.”

"Oh, so that’s why you want me to do this for you? For him to not hurt other girls?" Come on, Rach.

"Well, yeah. I mean my first goal is to hurt him like he hurt me and probably many other girls. But then I thought for a while and with this I’m not just hurting his ego, no, no, no. You see, I’m trying to make him understand what it feels like to be the woman instead of the jackass that gets away with it."


I think that's when I lost the battle. She had me with that one.

"Look, I know it may sound silly, heartless and pointless to you, but it’s not, because people can’t do that to each other. He can’t hurt others and think that it’s okay to do so."

She was right. People shouldn’t be able to hurt each other – I would know, I had been hurt once, badly, so I knew how it must feel like for her. I just never thought that she’d get hurt, I thought the strong person in front of me would never get hurt, I took that for granted. But now she just looks vulnerable – and malicious – but still heartbroken.

"Ok."


And that’s where I made the decision of helping her. I still can’t believe I actually did it but it would only take a couple of nights of stalking him, seducing him and ‘breaking him’ – not that I thought that after this he wouldn’t go back to his ways or that he would actually get hurt from it, but Rachel’s my friend so I decided tojust help her so she could at least move on and let this guy go. How bad could it be, right?

... What did I put myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who's reading this story.
Don't be a silent reader though, I'd love to know what you guys think of this so far.

P.S. I did not re-read the chapter so if this has any grammar/english errors I am sorry.