Status: long hiatus.

Heartless and Heartbroken

Dois

Next day morning, Amelia was preparing a cup of coffee for herself and Rachel, for when she woke up, while thinking about the events of the night before.

She was still a bit skeptical to the whole story, not that she didn’t believe her friend but the fact that Nathan ignored her and treated her like she was nothing made her mad and slightly worried to what Rachel could, and would, do.

She knew Rachel all too well. She does not take things easily and when she’s hurt by others she can get nasty. Amelia started remembering one of the few fights they had when they were teens because of a guy named Matt, the guy they both had a crush on, and how mad Rachel was at the beginning – when she discovered Amelia liked him too. It was not pretty! But they were best friends since kindergarten so, just like with other – sometimes meaningless – fights, they worked it out.

Amelia got the cups ready for them both and took them to her bedroom, where Rachel was still sound asleep.

"Rachel, wake up." Rach didn’t even move.

"Rach, come on, wakey wakey," Once she steared in the bed after groaning Amelia knew she was awake, she just didn’t want to stand up.

So she did the only thing she could at the moment: she jumped high on the bed.

"Rachel if you don’t get up, and get out of this bed right now I won’t stop bugging you. Come on, wake up, wake up, wak-"

"STOP!" Came Rachel’s annoyed and tired voice, which only brought a slightly scared Amelia back down to Earth.

"Geez woman! What bit your ass?!" As soon as it came out of her mouth, Amelia realized what she said – and the stupidity of saying so - after the look Rach sent her, "Oh. I'm sorry? Stupid question, forget it, my bad. Come on, sit up, I made you coffee." She reached for the cup and handed it to Rachel.

After an awkward silence between the two Amelia proceeded “I have to get ready for work, so I’ll just take a quick shower and then you can go if you want to, 'kay?"

With a nod from Rachel, Amelia got her clothes and went to the bathroom.

With her mind off of the events of the day before, she took a quick but relaxing shower and got ready for work.

Amelia worked at a records store. She loved music, one of her favorite hobbies was listening to it, she thought it was one of the best ways to relax for a while – other than dancing or reading.

After getting ready and dressed, Amelia went back to the bedroom to find Rachel out of bed and already in the kitchen.

"So you finally got out of bed, butt cheeks." Said Amelia in a laughing manner.

"Yeah, I’m not spending the day in bed. I’m going back to my apartment, get ready and I’m going to therapy," Amelia sent her a strange look " well, retail therapy."

"Ok then. I'm sorry I can't come with you, babe. Pass by the store afterwards though."

And with that both girls left the apartment.

~~**~~

"Amelia, good thing you’re here. Do you know what time it is?"

Her boss, Mike, always so punctual. He didn’t mean to sound like… well, a bitch, he just liked punctuality.

"Yes, Mike, I know and I’m sorry. I had some... personal issues to take care of." some issues, alright.

"I hope nothing too bad."

"No, no, it's taken care of now." kind of.

"So how about you start with the new records stored in the back? I need you to put the price tag on them and put them in their right place, alright?"

"Aye aye Captain!"

Even though he sounded a little rough, he really wasn’t. He was a nice guy, probably one of the sweetest guys Amelia ever met actually - he was also one of Amelia's old crushes.

When it was almost time for her to leave work, in came Crazy-Rachel smiling wickedly and walking towards Amelia.

"Mia..." Uh oh "I know how to make him pay."

And it only took those few words for all to crash down.