Status: updates = inconsistent :")

Scream For Me

One

I crawled slowly towards the bathroom, my movements slow and careful. I didn't want the floor to creak in case he heard.

After 15 minutes of painful crawling, I reached the bathroom. I stood slowly and attempted to quiety open the door. What I saw waiting for me was a complete surprise. I stared in horror and shock. My mind racing but at the same time, dropping into a coma. I couldn't believe it. It was unreal. Thoughts, screams, were speeding through my head, begging my mind to make sense of the situation.

Finally, I screamed. I screamed and I screamed. I screamed in shock. I screamed in horror. I screamed in fright. I just screamed.

I guess I left the window open because the next thing I knew, there was banging on the door and the telephone was ringing. Approximately 5 minutes later, I heard sirens coming towards the house. They gradually got louder and louder until they could get no louder; that was when I realized that the sirens had stopped in front of my house.

I still hadn't moved an inch. My mouth wide in horror, eyes open wide in shock.

I didn't answer the door or make a peep. They kicked the door down and immediately began searching the house. It took them approximately 3 minutes after I heard them enter until they found me. One uniformed man grabbed my arm immediately asking if I was OK. Another popped beside him, taking my other hand in his grubby, sweaty hand. Both officers immediately dragged me down and out of the house.

There were ambulances, firetrucks, police cars, and apparently the entire county. Mrs. Inglewood, the one who'd heard my screams and called the police, immediately pounced on me, hugging me and whispering if I was OK, thanking god that I was OK.

I'd never said more than three words to her in my entire life: thank-you and yes.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts?