A Touch of Darkness

Chapter 1

Hermione:
Professor Snape stood at the front of the class room, his face carrying his usual disdainful stare. There was a girl I didn’t recognise standing at the front of the class next to him. She was wearing Gryffindor robes and carrying a handful of books. Her hair was tied up messily, letting some small tendrils of curly auburn hair fall loose. Her dark rimmed eyes were filled with innocence. “We have a new student today, she just transferred here from The Beauxbatons Academy. I’m sure you will all make her feel welcome.” Snape said to us as the girl sat down in an empty seat next to me. I drew my attention from the girl and back to the lesson.
When class ended I walked up to the new girl, “Hi, I’m Hermione, what’s your name?” She turned around, startled “My name is Adrianna.” We continued walking to the Gryffindor common room, chatting and getting to know each other on the way, until we bumped into Draco Malfoy. “Watch where you’re going, Granger.” He sneered. I just glared at him until Adrianna spoke. “Hi, my name’s Adrianna, what’s your’s?” She asked. Anyone could tell that she was flirting with him. “Draco Malfoy” he replied and then walked off suddenly. “Wow. That guy is hot!” Adrianna looked over her shoulder to watch Draco go.
“Oh no. You DO NOT want to have a thing with Malfoy. Not a good idea, trust me.”
“Why? Have you guys dated or something?”
“No, but he is not a nice person, Adrianna.” We walked the rest of the way to the common room in silence. When we arrived there Harry and Ron met us at the door. “Hey Hermione and....” Harry trailed off.
“Adrianna.” She informed him.
“Nice to meet you. Hermione, can we talk to you alone for a minute?”
“Sure.” I answered. Adrianna walked over to the fire place and made herself comfortable in an armchair with one of her books.
“What are you doing with her?” Ron asked
“What do you mean?”
“With Voldemort on the rise, you can’t just start trusting people instantly.” Harry replied.
“You two are being utterly idiotic.” I shook my head at my two suspicious friends.
Adrianna:
I tried to concentrate on my book but I was unable to stop my mind from wandering to Draco. Those grey eyes felt as if they were seeing into my soul. I wondered why Hermione was so against him. He didn’t seem like a bad person, just troubled. A thought popped into my head. What if I went wandering through the castle near the Slytherin common room and just happened to bump into Draco again. I quietly put down my book and started to head outside the common room. I looked over to Harry Potter, Hermione and a red head that I hadn’t yet met, who were still deep in conversation and oblivious to me. I slipped outside and stopped myself. How could I have been so stupid? I have been in the castle for a total of about half an hour. I don’t know how to navigate it. I don’t even know where the Slytherin common room is. All of a sudden my thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking me over. I looked up and saw a girl with a scowl on her face and a Slytherin scarf around her neck. “Watch where you’re going, loser.” She sneered then continued on her way. Once I had picked myself up off the ground an idea popped into my head. I could follow this vile girl and she would lead me to the common room. I had to make sure she didn’t know I was following her though. Even the girls at Beauxbatons knew Slytherin’s reputation. I followed her down to the basement where the common room must be. We must have been under the lake because the temperature had dropped several degrees. I heard a noise coming from behind me and turned around to see who it was. As soon as I did this I was knocked to the ground. I was about to start yelling at the person but then I saw who it was. Draco. He was holding out his hand to help me up. I gratefully took it and pulled myself up. “Sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going.” He apologised.
“No, its fine, I should have been paying more attention too.”
“You’re Adrianna, right?” His eyes were gazing into mine intently. Those eyes made me feel like I could just melt. “Yeah.”
“What are you doing down here? You’re not in Slytherin.” Crap! I hadn’t thought about what I would say if I was asked why I’m down here. “I..ummm...I...” I trailed off. Draco slowly started smiling, and then laughing, at me. It seemed like he didn’t do this very often. “Did you come down here to try and bump into me?” His eyes kept staring. I could feel my face starting to go red but I tried to keep my cool. “Cocky much?”
“Can you tell me another reason why you’re down here?” He was teasing me, not maliciously, just playfully. I couldn’t think of anything to say to that. We stood there in silence just looking into each others eyes. I could almost feel electricity running in the air between us. “Malfoy? What are you doing?” A pudgy boy with dark hair and Slytherin robes called out to Draco. “Nothing Goyle, nothing of your concern.” He said to the boy, his words cold as ice. I started to turn away when Draco grabbed my arm and stopped me. “Meet me at the Boathouse after classes tomorrow?” I just nodded and continued on my way out of the dungeons. YES! I was meeting up with probably the hottest guy in Hogwarts! Now only one problem...I have no idea where the boathouse is...
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is writen in three points of view