A Touch of Darkness

Chapter 2

Draco:
I watched her walk away and then turned to face Goyle. “What are you looking at?” I asked him as I pushed past him and continued into the common room. Goyle said nothing and followed me. I made my way into the dorms and laid down on my bed. Goyle hadn’t followed me in here and no one else was in the room. I let my mind wander to the girl I had just set up a date with. I don’t know what had come over me. I mean, there wasn’t really anything special about her. Well, she did have gorgeous emerald green eyes and hair that was the colour of fire and full of curls yet I longed to run my hands through it. I thought about what my father would say if he knew. Of course he would not approve, as usual, because she is not in Slytherin. To him, anyone who was not in Slytherin was as bad as a mudblood. Mudblood...that reminded me. The girl, Adrianna, had been walking with Hermione when I bumped into her earlier. Great. Not only is she not in Slytherin but she is also friends with the ones I am destined to hate. This is not going to end well but I couldn’t get her off my mind.
Hermione:
I saw her enter with a huge smile on her face. I slammed my book shut and looked her straight in the eyes. Suddenly her smile vanished. “Where were you?” I asked, standing up out of my seat and crossing my arms across my chest. “Well...” she trailed off. I could tell she was trying to think of an excuse when all of a sudden she crossed her arms and was glaring at me. “That is none of your business.” Her lips were pursed and she stood defiantly, like a teenager getting scolded. I was about to start a fight when I stopped myself. Why was I acting like this? Adrianna can do what she wants. “I’m sorry, I don’t know what came over me.” The anger faded from her eyes and her smile returned.
“That’s ok, I know with everything going on you guys are stressed at the moment.” She walked past me up to her room and then turned back to face me. “You don’t know where the boathouse is, do you?”
“Yeah sure. I can show you...
“NO! I mean, I’m sure I can find it myself if you tell me what its near.” I was going to question why she didn’t want me to show her but then I remembered my outburst previously and bit my tongue. “There is stairs leading down there from the entrance courtyard, just go in the direction of the lake.”
“Thanks.” She turned and went into her dorm without another word.
Adrianna:
My dorm was empty when I walked in. I sighed in relief and welcomed the silence and solitude. I made my way over to what I assumed to be my bed, as my trunk was sitting next to it. I flopped onto my bed and let loose all the emotion I had been keeping inside. I started jumping around and cheering like a maniac until I heard footsteps. I dropped onto my bed with a thud and tried to look casual. A small blonde girl with curly hair walked in, took a book from her belongings and left again. I let out another sigh and allowed my mind to wander with thoughts of Draco. I slowly drifted of into a heavy sleep, my mind still reeling over my first day at Hogwarts.