Photographs and Melodys.

A Walk Down A Friendly Lane (Collaboration with LastLookAtTheSky)

As I walked through the kitchen I saw the sun coming through the window. It was nine in the morning and Mike was still asleep, he always had a way with sleeping for days after we get home from tour. I went back to our bedroom and stood at the door watching him slowly wake up.

“Good morning beautiful” he whispered rolling onto his side looking at me with a perfect smile making me chuckle shyly.

“Hi” I said only so loud that he could just hear me as I walked over to the window and pulled back the white curtains letting a little more light in. I turned around facing Mike, climbing onto the bed sitting next to him as I looked down into his beautiful brown eyes.

He had a to die for crocked smile on his face which always made me melt. I leant down and kissed his lips softly working my way form his lips to his neck. My phone buzzing on the bedside table interrupted me, cutting my attention off Mike as I crawled to the side of the bed grabbing my phone surprised at who was calling me.

“Hello” I answered with a big smile as I talked to Amanda on the phone. Amanda and her boyfriend Jake were very good friends of Mike’s and mine. We hadn’t seen them since their last visit, which was after the birth of their twins Tony and Max.

I got up off the bed and walked outside onto the front porch as Amanda and I talked about everything that has been going in on in her life. After an hour of gossiping and reminiscing I finally got off the phone when Mike walked out side and sat in the chair next to me.

“You’ll never guess who is in town and want to have dinner” with all my excitement I nearly jumped out of my chair. Looking at Mike with a very confused look on his face.

“I have no idea. Who?” he asked trying to figure it out.

“Amanda and Jake. They are here for a holiday with the kids and they want to come see us” I explained settling myself back into my chair.

“Oh my god. I haven’t seen them in ages, this is awesome, I’m so keen.” I could tell how happy Mike was; Jake and him were best friend, since they grew up in the same street together as kids.

Nighttime came and Amanda texted me saying the twins had a babysitter so we could meet them at Chili’s for dinner.

I told Mike and put my phone on the bed, walking back to the bathroom to finish getting ready. I has my hair tied in a ponytail holding my long brown hair off my face and was wearing a full-length black maxi dress.

I walked through the bedroom putting my strap sandals on, grabbing my handbag and walking out into the foyer where Mike was standing in his black skinny jeans and a blue V-neck with his leather jacket and a beanie hiding his shoulder length black hair. We walked out to the garage and got in the car ready to leave.

We arrived at chili’s and sat in the car as I called Amanda to see if they were here.

“Hello lovely” she answered faintly.

“Are you hear?” I asked her signaling to Mike to get out of the car with.

“Yeah we are, just come inside” I agreed walking to the door and putting my phone away, while Mike held it out for me.

Walking in I could smell the amazing food being cooked and l motioned to the waiter that out friends were sitting down already. I saw them sitting down and ran over to Amanda hugging her tightly, she always had the best hugs; she was like my sister that I hadn’t seen in so long. I let go moving over to Jake noticing that he was in a wheelchair.

“Shit! Jake what happened” Mike asked worried as he pulled my chair out for me.

“I had an accident on stage not to long ago. Well I actually had a seizure” he explained as Amanda put her hand on his back. I put my hand over my mouth, scared for him.

“Are you alright?” I grabbed my chair, scooting in closer to the table.

“Yeah, I’m fine. It was just a bit of a scare and ever since then they’ve had me in this wheelchair.” Mike sat down next to me, moving closer to the table as well, and looked at Jake. I could tell he was worried for his friend and he was a little bothered with the wheelchair.

“Do you still play any shows?” Mike had his hands in his lap, watching Jake as he explained.

“Actually I can’t play until the doc says I can. And they don’t know when that will be.” Jake paused, looking down at the table in front of him, “If ever.” I felt bad for them, recently married with two young children.

“Well anyway. Let’s see what we have to eat here yeah?” Amanda turned around the mood, like she always did, with the simple suggestion of food. I heard my stomach growl. I hadn’t eaten too much today and was absolutely starving. I laughed and shifted in my chair.

“Looks like somebody’s hungry.” Jake joked at me, staring at his menu.

“You be quiet.” I smacked him with my menu and laughed at him. He was always one for picking on me like a younger sister, which I kind of loved because I never had a brother.

The waiter came over and took our orders, of course as usual I was the only one who order vegetarian.

“How’s is everything going with you two?” Jake asked looking at Mike, as I grabbed his hand that was in his lap and entwined our finger together.

“Amazing!” Mike stated with a big smile coming across his face.

“We actually just got off Warped tour. So it great to be home and just spend time together” I added, looking at Amanda as she knew how it felt to have Jake come back from tour and loving just spending time with him, form all the phone calls we would have about it.

Our meals arrived and we slowly got through them, in between all the talking and stories Jake and Mike were telling about their childhood and all the naughty stuff they got up to with Vic. When we all finished Amanda and I went to the bathroom before we were going to leave.

“So how’s it been with Jake in a wheelchair and all?” I asked catching up on our girl talk.

“Hard. One because he cant really do anything especially play and two because we cant do anything” she said shyly looking at me knowing exactly what you she mean. “How about you aye” she added nudging my shoulder as I fixed my make up in the mirror.

“It’s been…great. I mean we’ve been together for two years and it’s still just…amazing.” I said trying to be very vague, but Amanda nodded still knowing exactly what I was trying to say. We both finished fixing our selves up and walked out arm in arm laughing. As we got back to the table, Mike was standing behind Jake holding the handles to his wheelchair ready to go.

We got outside about to say our goodbyes. I really didn’t want it to end because we hardly ever go to see each other, so this was a very special night to me.

“It was amazing to see you two, we miss seeing you.” I said hugging Amanda and then bending down and kissing Jake’s check.

“I know, you two have to come up to visit us soon” Amanda implied.

“Yes we will defiantly do that. Ill call you” I said as we parted and Mike and I walked back to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the lateness. i just got on my two month holidays so the last few weeks of school have been riding me up the ass. but im on holiday so more writing for me.

comment and subscribe.