Status: active

Affinity

come on, take a step towards me

Forgetting isn't easy, life's a bitch. We all at one point in our lives have had our hearts broken. That boy who you were sure was the one. The boy who made you feel infinite, the boy who you gave everything to. Everybody changes, for the good or for worse. There's no way of going back in time. That's why I'm stuck here dwelling in my past.

Image


The hot Texas sun beamed down on me. I wiped the sweat away from my fore head and adjusted my tank top. I was on the search for wi-fi, my search was failing. I walked about ten more minutes through the small town and finally found a book store with wi-fi. I entered the store and immediately smiled. The cool breeze of the air-conditioned store sent shivers down my spine. I walked toward the back hoping to find a table I could plug my computer in.
I found a nice spot in the corner and placed my lap top on the table. As I waited for the computer to start up I scanned the room. People on their laptops, reading books,texting. My eyes landed on the back of one boy's head. That's when he got up and gathered his things and I saw his face. He quickly ran a hand through his perfectly coiffed hair and sighed. He looked tired, his shoulders slumped and the bags under his eye were clearly visible. He was wearing a plaid shirt and his famous ray-bans hung from the collar of his shirt. His eyes drew me in the most, they had a certain glisten. He definitely had grown up and time had certainly treated him well.

Image


"I can't believe you're leaving me." I said clinging to his shirt and taking in his scent.

"I'll be back faster than you know it." He said tracing circles into my back.

"Don't forget me, okay?" I said slapping his shoulder playfully.

"You know I never will." He said smiling and bringing me back into a hug.

"Guy's you're really cute and all but we need to go!" Yelled one of the guys

I tightened my grip on his tiny waist. "I'll call you every day." He said letting me go and kissing my forehead. "I promise." He said with a reassuring smile.

John, my boyfriend, was leaving with his band on their first tour. They had invited me to tag along but I simply couldn't bring myself to go. I was a senior in high school and I couldn't afford missing that much school. Three weeks ago I had decided to ask John out. I decided to take initiative since he failed to do so. I've always liked John, from a distance that is. So when I decided to ask him out everyone thought I had gone mad. Which in theory was true but I decided to ignore it. I wasn't going to lie it was and kinda still is awkward in a sense. Every he smiles at me I feel bad, I feel he doesn't deserve me. I feel that I'm not the girl he always wanted but again I try ignoring that too.

I drove to my cousin’s house and parked right in front. I sighed and my grip on the wheel tightened, I missed him already. I recomposed my thoughts and walked inside looking for my cousin.

“Halvo?” I called out into the giant living room.

“In my room!” He yelled back his voice echoing through the house.

I walked up the stairs that I knew so well and made a quick left turn into Halvo’s room.

“Stella” He said in excitement enveloping me in a hug. He let go of me and held me at shoulders length. “Why are you not happy to see me?” He said with a pout.

“I am, I am, I just—“

“John?” He interjected sitting down on the corner of his bed.

“Why do I miss him.” I said lying down on his bed

“Well because he is your lover, duh.”

I smacked his side and sighed once more.

“Come on, don’t be like this.” He said lying down with me.

“Like what?”

“Where is the sarcastic witty bitch I know and love.”

“Hey! I am not a bitch.”

“That’s beyond the point, just don’t let him change you.” He said looking me in the eyes his voice serious.

“Halvo you’re stupid and I’m leaving.” I said getting up and grabbing my bag.

“No, don’t leave.” He said grabbing my arm pulling me back into his room.

“Halvo stop being a little bitch.”

“That’s my girl!” He said taking me into a hug. “Now let’s have a movie night!”

This kid will be the death of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hey! Thanks for reading! I decided to start a new John story because I didn't really like my other one. so viola here it is.