Status: Ohhaii(: This story is UNCOMPLETED. I hope to make it AT LEAST 25 Chapters Minimum(:

Tail of the Wolves

Une (1;One)

Third Wolf P.o.V.

A growl sounded in Kenzie’s ear and she rolled over, ignoring the voice that was telling her to get up. A paw nudged her side roughly and she growled. Teeth gripped around the scruff of her neck and yanked her upwards, onto her black feet.

“Malikai is about to announce who he is taking on as his mate.” She turned to glare at whoever had awoken her, and the owner of the irritated voice. Her father glared right back and nudged her out of the den.

She sighed reluctantly and sat down, licking her paw and swiping it over her fluffy black ear, jumping as a wolf nearly rammed into her. She turned to look at her twin, Kendall, and yawned. Kenzie stood up and turned, facing the den and thinking of the heavenly sleep she could be enjoying right now, until she was yanked back by the tail, both parents glaring at her, as well as a few other wolves around them.

“Sit down and watch.” Her mother said, sternly. Kenzie sighed and laid down, glaring at the rock where two wolves stood side by side.

The newly named Alpha, Malikai, the younger of the two wolves, stood looking across the clearing. His father, and former Alpha, Varian, stood beside him. Kenzie glared at both of them in turn.

After a short while, Varian howled loudly, gaining the attention of all the wolves below him. After he was confident that all eyes were on him, he nodded to Malikai, who soon began to speak.

Kenzie was far into her dreams by this time.

“Between both my mother and father, the Elders, as well as myself, We’ve made a decision of who will be the next Alpha Female, as well as my mate.” Malikai paused as murmurs of excitement and curiosity arose throughout the crowed. Many of the She-Wolves stared up at him, hopefully.

He looked around the clearing, searching for one midnight black wolf, one /stubborn/ midnight black wolf, sleeping, at the edge of the large clearing.

“I look to the stars above, and our fallen pack-mates to approve my decision. Kenzie,” He said once his eyes fell upon her sleeping form, “will be the new Alpha Female.” He finished, trying hard to conceal his excitement. Shocked gasp and jealous growls sounded from the wolves as he leapt down from the rock and padded over to her. Wolves parted to make a path for him.

Kenzie yelped and looked up as the sharp claw of her sister swiped across her ear. She looked around al the wolves staring at her, jealous, angry, and surprised eyes upon her. She then looked up as a shadow cast over her, staring up at the silvery gray shape of Malikai that stood before her.

“Huh?” she muttered. Realization dawned across her face and she glared defiantly at Malikai as she figured out what had occurred. She growled roughly as he lowered his head toward her, and slashed her claws across his silver snout as he licked the top of her head. Shocked gasps sounded across the clearing as he looked at her, amazement in his golden eyes. Kenzie stood and glared at him, growling menacingly, softly. Kendall and her father backed away, watching closely.

Malikai stepped towards her and walked past her. Kenzie remained still, watching in front of her, but flicking her ears back to listen to his soft paw steps that sounded behind her. Kenzie stayed still as the paw steps quieted and yelped softly as a heavy weight landed on her back.

Malikai nipped at her ears, dominating her. She went limp on the ground as if to give in, and Malikai growled softly in her ear, a soft warning, before loosening his grip on her. She stayed still on the ground for a heartbeat and rolled over suddenly, half jumping in the air and flipping onto Malikai’s back. She landed on top with a satisfied “mph” sound. Malikai wiggled, trying to free himself of her weight.

The clearing was full of wolves, watching their every move, anticipating the outcome. Malikai scrambled and rolled over underneath her, pawing at her face and kicked at her tummy, throwing her off him. She sat up quickly, glaring at him, as he glared back at her. Kenzie growled, teeth shining a bloody red as the sun set behind the trees. He shook his head, expression unreadable, as he turned and walked behind the big rock to the Alpha’s den. Kenzie sat down and licked her paw, swiping it over her ear as if nothing had happened.

~ ~ ~

Kenzie walked to the den she was use to sleeping in. The Omegas’ den. Not the Betas’ or the Elders’. Not even the den for new mothers, or pups. The Omegas’ den housed 9 wolves, Kenzie included.

Kenzie stepped a paw inside the den and jumped back as she was snarled at. Her ears flattened on her head as her mother nudged her away. Kenzie whined puppyishly

“You’re Alpha, now, Kenzie. You sleep in the Alpha’s den.” Her mother said. Kenzie looked at Kendall, who was sitting behind their mother. They’d never slept apart, ever since they were pups. Kendall just looked at the ground, her ears flat on her head. She looked up at Kenzie apologetically, longingly, before turning around and going deeper into the den. Kenzie sighed and turned around, casting a longing glance at her former den, before walking to the opposite side of the clearing, laying under the twisted root of a tree. She was close to falling asleep when a voice sounded behind her.

“Aren’t you suppose to be in the Alpha’s den, with Malikai?” Kenzie looked up to see Scotty, Malikai’s younger brother, standing in front of her.

“I’d rather sleep alone, in the woods of another pack’s territory, then sleep in the same den as him,” she said, irritably. Scotty stepped back, ears flat and nose pointing to the ground.

“Y’know, he’s really not that bad if you gave him the chance. Every time I see him with you within sight, he’s always looking at you in a weird way. I think he really does like you.” he said, thoughtfully. Kenzie snorted.

“I highly doubt that. Don’t you have a bedtime, Pup?” She glared at him and stood up, walking into the woods. She walked in circles, trying to find a comfy place like her former spot to curl up in and sleep. Uninterrupted. Like we would ever like me. What’s to like? She thought to herself. She found a spot under a large oak tree, nearly twin like to her spot by the clearing, and curled up between the roots, tail tucked over her nose and her eyes closing.

I think he really likes you, Scotty’s words played over in her head once more, before she finally fell asleep under the calm autumn skies, the moon shining high above her.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first story, so be nice please? ;-; Don't be mean, being mean isn't nice. Messages, Comments, and Subscribers are always wonderful(: Critiquing is good too, as long as they're honest. Being mean is one thing, being brutally honest is another. (:
Ohkay. Sleepy wolfy going sleepy now(: Nightt(: