Status: Hiatus

You Get What You Deserve

The Ride up to Hogwarts

We didn’t talk much during the remainder of the journey, although Chase did come into the compartment to see if I was okay. At long last, the train stopped at Hogsmeade station, and there was a great scramble to get out; owls hooted, cats meowed, and Neville’s pet toad croaked loudly from under his hat. It was freezing on the tiny platform; rain was driving down in icy sheets, and I stayed close to Chase, who put his arm around my shoulder, again.

“Firs’-years this way!” called a familiar voice. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Chase and I turned and saw the gigantic outline of Hagrid at the other end of the platform, beckoning the terrified-looking new students forward for their traditional journey across the lake.

“All righ’, you four?” Hagrid yelled over the heads of the crowd, ignoring Chase at my side. We waved at him, but had no chance to speak to him because the mass of people around us were shunting us away along the platform.

We followed the rest of the school out onto a rough mud track, where at least a hundred stagecoaches awaited the remaining students, each pulled, I could only assume, by an invisible horse, because when we climbed inside one and shut the door, the coach set off all by itself, bumping and swaying in procession.

The coach smelled faintly of mould and straw. I could see Hermione and Ron throwing Harry sideways glances, as if they were frightened he might collapse again. I however, spent my time trying to steal some of Chase’s heat.

As the carriage trundled towards a pair of magnificent wrought-iron gates, flanked with stone columns topped with winged boars, I saw two more towering, hooded Dementors, standing guard on either side. A wave of cold sickness swept over me again, and I pressed myself closer to Chase still.

The carriage picked up speed on the long, sloping drive up to the castle; Hermione was leaning out of the tiny window, watching the many turrets and towers draw nearer. At last, the carriage swayed to a halt, and Hermione, Ron and Chase got out.

As I stepped down after Harry, I heard a drawling, delighted voice sounded in the night’s cool air.

“You fainted, Potter? Is Longbottom telling the truth? You actually fainted?”

Malfoy elbowed past Hermione to block mine and Harry’s way up the stone steps to the castle, his face gleeful and his pale eyes glinting maliciously.

“Shove off, Malfoy,” said Ron, whose jaw was clenched.

“Did you faint as well, Weasley?” said Malfoy loudly. “Did the scary old Dementor frighten you, too, Weasley?”

“Piss off, Malfoy,” I hissed at him.

Draco spun around; as if he hadn’t seen me there before. It liked as if he was about to say something horrible, but something was holding him back. There was a reason why he couldn’t have a go at me like he had done to Harry and Ron.

“Is there a problem?” said a mild voice. Professor Lupin had just got out of the next carriage.
Malfoy gave Professor Lupin an insolent stare, which took in the patches on his robes and the dilapidated suitcase. With a tiny hint of sarcasm in his voice, he said, “Oh, no – er – Professor,” then he smirked at Crabbe and Goyle, and led them up the steps into the castle.
The five of us joined the crowd swarming up the steps, through the giant oak front doors, and into the cavernous Entrance Hall, which was lit with flaming torches and housed a magnificent marble staircase which led to the upper floors.

The door into the Great Hall stood open at the right; we followed the crowd towards it, but had barely glimpsed the enchanted ceiling, which was black and cloudy tonight, when a voice called, “Potter! Granger! I want to see you both!”

Harry and Hermione turned around. Professor McGonagall, Transfiguration teacher and Head of Gryffindor house, was calling them. Harry and Hermione quickly disappeared. Ron followed them, not wanting to be alone with Chase and I.

“Well, I’ll see you later,” I said to Chase.

“See you,” he said, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek and walking over to the Ravenclaw table.

I made my way over to the Gryffindor table, Ron catching up with me just as I sat down.
♠ ♠ ♠
JKAFSDHB I feel sick. Yeah.
Comment or Lupin might tell you offffff.
-Josifer