Status: Hiatus

You Get What You Deserve

Famous Harry Potter

“Harry!” We all said, waving frantically at him.

“Finally!” said Ron, grinning at Harry as he sat down. “We went to the Leaky Cauldron, but they said you’d left, and we went to Flourish and Blotts, and Madam Malkin’s, and –“

“I got all my school stuff last week,” Harry explained. “And how come you know I’m staying at the Leaky Cauldron?”

“Mr Weasley,” I said simply.

Mr Weasley, who works at the Ministry of Magic, told us the story about Harry’s Aunt Marge.
“Did you really blow up your aunt, Harry?” said Hermione in a very serious voice.

“I didn’t mean to,” said Harry, while Ron and I roared with laughter. “I just – lost control.”

“It’s not funny, you two,” said Hermione sharply. “Honestly, I’m amazed Harry wasn’t expelled.”

“So am I,” admitted Harry. “Forget expelled, I thought I was going to be arrested.” He looked at Ron. “Your dad doesn’t know why Fudge let me off, does he?”

“Probably ‘cause it’s you, isn’t it?” shrugged Ron, still chuckling. “Famous Harry Potter and all that. I’d hate to see what the Ministry’d do to me if I blew up an aunt. Mind you, they’d have to fig me up first, because Mum would’ve killed me. Anyways, you can ask Dad yourself this evening. We’re staying at the Leaky Cauldron tonight, too! So you can come to King’s Cross with us tomorrow! Hermione’s there as well!”

Hermione nodded, beaming. “Mum and Dad dropped me off this morning with all my Hogwarts things.”

“Excellent!” said Harry happily. “So, have you got all your new books and stuff?”

“Look at this,” said Ron, pulling a long thin box out of a bag and opening it. “Brand-new wand. Fourteen inches, willow, containing one unicorn tail-hair. And we’ve got all out books” – he pointed at a large bag under his chair. “What about those Monster Books, eh? The assistant nearly cried when we said we wanted three.”

“What’s all that, Hermione?” Harry asked, pointing at not one, but three, bulging bags in the chair next to her.

“Well, I’m taking more new subjects than you, aren’t I?” said Hermione. “Those are my books for Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, the Study of Ancient Runes, Muggle Studies –“

“What are you doing Muggle Studies for?” said Ron, rolling his eyes at Harry and I. “You’re Muggle-born! Your mum and dad are Muggles! You already know all about Muggles!”

“But it’ll be fascinating to study them from the wizarding point of view,” said Hermione earnestly.

“Are you planning to eat or sleep at all this year, Hermione?” I asked, while Ron and Harry sniggered. Hermione ignored us.

“I’ve still got then Galleons,” she said, checking her purse. “It’s my birthday in September, and Mum and Dad gave me some money to get myself on early birthday present.”

“How about a nice book?” I said innocently.

“No, I don’t think so,” said Hermione composedly. “I really want an owl. I mean, Harry’s got Hedwig, you’ve got Calandra, and Ron’s got Errol –“

“I haven’t,” said Ron. “Errol’s a family owl. All I’ve got is Scabbers.” He pulled him out of his pocket. “And I want to get him checked over,” he added, placing Scabbers on the table in front of us. “I don’t think Egypt agreed with him.”

Scabbers was looking thinner than usual, and there was a definite droop in his whiskers.
“There’s a magical-creature shop just over there,” said Harry. “You can see if they’ve got anything for Scabbers, and Hermione can get her owl.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Woop. I'm sick as fuck, so I get to write heaps! Aren't you guys lucky you get something out of me being sick? If I'm sick tomorrow I'll have this book done in no time! Oh god, now I really want to stay sick and write forever, just so I can get to the fourth one, cause that one's just amazing. Yeah.
Comment or you'll get a nice new book for your bornsday (:
-Josifer c: