‹ Prequel: Desires Of The Unknown
Status: Give me a few.

His Fairytale, My Folklore

“Assassins, what are you going to do?”

We all took a deep breath, hoping they weren’t waiting out there for us. I went first, much to everyone’s displeasure. I shifted the bag on my shoulder and opened the side door silently. I had given the keys to Valentine earlier and I could hear him jingling them nervously. I shot him a harsh look, making him stop the annoying jingling. I crept out the door, being all too aware of my surroundings.
There was nothing. When I say nothing, I mean nothing. Not birds chirping, no wind, no cars, nothing. That scared me the most. I ushered everyone to the car quickly, hoping to get them in there before anything happened. I dropped to the ground and looked under the SUV for bombs while Valentine looked under the hood.
“I really don’t like this,” I muttered to him as he closed the hood.
“Me either.”
“I think we need to go steal a car.”
“I agree.”
“Stop talking like that, it’s creeping me out.”
“Well, this situation is creeping me out.”
I rolled my eyes. “You’ve been in worse.”
“Unfortunately.”
“What’s so different about now?”
“I’m emotionally attached to the target.”
“So there is a target on me.”
“Many. But only by the name of Jen.”
“Is that why you came back?”
“No, that’s what I was going to tell you this morning, but then, you got shot.”
“Yeah, story of our lives. We try to tell each other things, I get shot,” I said with a humorless laugh. “Maybe I should just put a target on my back, maybe that would make it easier.”
He grabbed my arm, spinning me towards him. “Don’t say that. Don’t.”
“Valentine, I wouldn’t leave the kids without a fight.”
“If you two are done,” Johnathan hissed. “I believe we should go steal a car now.”
“Don’t get snippy with me.”
He glared at me. “I am not in the mood.”
“Sucks, doesn’t it,” I hissed back, bumping into him to get by.
“Valentine, go get that minivan with Johnny-Boy. Joel, you and I are going to get that nice, shiny red Camaro.”
“Absolutely not,” Johnathan and Valentine said at the same time.
“Don’t tell me how to do my job,” I snapped. “Go! If they know me at all, they’ll follow you.”
“Then let me go with Johnathan,” Joel said. “The kids need both of you.”
“They’ll see me and think she’s in the back,” Valentine said, finally realizing my thinking. “If they know her well enough to know she would choose a fancy car, thinking that they would follow the crap car, they would know her well enough to know that she would never, no matter what, leave her partner for someone they think she doesn’t really know.”
“Which would be me,” Joel said, nodding. “Gotcha.”
“Don’t kill us,” I said walking in the opposite direction of Valentine and Johnathan.
The Red Camaro shined in the last bit of sunlight left. I smirked, checking to see if they had locked it, they hadn’t. I rolled my eyes, disappointed that I wouldn’t have the challenge of trying to break into the car. I threw the bag of stuff I had taken into the small back seat, climbing over the seats to get into the back. I pushed the bag onto the floor once I was fully in the back. I laid down on the back seat, making myself as flat as I could.
I shifted a bit as Joel started the car. I smiled at the roar of the engine. It sounded beautiful. I just wanted to listen to the roar of the engine, not think of the bullets that would soon go flying towards Valentine and Johnathan. Hopefully, none would though. But, that would cause more questions and problems.
They were smart, trying to figure us out before we figured them out. They just didn’t count on four different spies helping me, all with different styles. The whole range of government agencies had a protocol, and most agents liked to do the opposite of the protocol; which made their pattern easier to follow.
The first shot rang out; making me let loose a breath I was holding. They’re going with Plan A; fuck protocol and shoot. Much better than Plan B; fuck protocol and find out where they’re going. I sighed as Joel sped up, trying to get away from the action. I normally ran to it, not away from it.
When we were on the highway and it had been a few minutes since I heard gun shots, I took the time to check out of the back window. Joel slowed down a bit, going the speed limit. I saw that no suspicious looking cars following us, not even the minivan.
“When did we lose them?” I asked, climbing into the front seat.
“Five minutes ago,” he said as I buckled my seat belt.

“Can we get something real to eat, I’m starving?” I asked, seeing a sign for a McDonalds.
Without saying a word, Joel changed lanes quickly on the empty highway to get to the exit. I smiled at the thought of food. I handed Joel a twenty as he pulled into the drive-thru. I dove into the back, acting like I was asleep.
“Ten piece with a coke,” I told him in a harsh whispered.
“Can I get two ten piece chicken nugget meals, large; one with a sprite and one with a coke?” Joel said into the speaker.
“Would that be all?” the lady over the speaker said.
“Yes, ma’am.”
“You’re total will be at the next window, please drive up.”
I closed my eyes, relaxing my body to feign sleep. I silently laughed as the drive-thru worker flirted with Joel. It was cute, but I just wanted to drive away so I could sit up and eat my food. I made a little groan in the back of my throat, like I was just waking up.
“Gotta go,” Joel muttered, accelerating out of the parking lot.
I groaned, sitting up. “What the fuck,” I said, climbing back into the passenger seat. “I’m fucking starving and you’re flirting with Sluty-McSlut-Slut.”
“Sluty-McSlut-Slut?”
“Yes,” I snapped, taking out my French fries. “I wanted my fucking food.”
“Damn, you’re like a bear.”
“I haven’t eaten in over twenty-four hours, though I was trained for more, I don’t like doing it if I don’t have to.”
“No one does,” he sighed, taking the carton of fries from my out stretched hand. “That was one of the hardest parts of training for me.”
“Mine was holding a gun still, but I was seven, so it was a bit heavy.”
“Seven?!”
“The fairytale of me was changed a bit, but most things are true. My parents began training me when I was old enough to stumble. I was put through obstacle courses for years before I was allowed to do anything else, but it was still training.” I opened my box of chicken nuggets. “I resent my parents so much for not letting me have the life my other siblings got.”
“I would too.”
I took a bite from a chicken nugget, chewing it slowly as Joel continued to drive to the highway. “We’re gonna have to ditch the car soon.”
“Doubling back?”
I shook my head. “No, go east. That’s where Valentine and your father know to go.”
“After we’re done eating, ditch the car?” he asked, taking a sip from his coke.
“Mhm,” I said, taking another bite from my chicken nugget, watching the trees fly by.
Thirty minutes, we got off the highway again. I squinted, seeing a chop shop. I told Joel to go to it, grabbing my bag from the back. I grabbed one of the wads of cash I had, it was about ten thousand dollars as Joel parked the car.
Before I got out of the car, I took off my hoodie, hiking my boobs up. I ran my fingers through my hair, giving myself a cute, messy hair look. I grabbed the pair of heels that I stole from Jamie’s mom. I kicked off my Converse, slipping them on.
“What are you doing?”
I let out a small laugh. “You’ll see. Get out and follow my lead. And keep the gun in your waist band. Don’t draw unless you feel I am threatened, okay?” I asked.
I got out of the car, seeing the guys stop what they were doing. I walked up the guy that squared his shoulders. He was in his mid-twenties, muscular and about six foot. He had a nice head of chocolate brown hair and deep blue eyes. He was cute, Channing Tatum cute.
“How much for a car?” I asked him.
“Not for sale.”
“I’ll give you the Camaro and ten grand.”
“Not for sale,” he repeated, looking me up and down.
I started walking around, swinging my hips a bit more. I ran my pointer finger across one of the guys’ chest. I smirk at him when I saw his breath hitch. I strutted back over to the leader.
“Camaro, five grand and I don’t call the cops on your little chop shop,” I said, looking him straight in the eyes.
“What’s keeping me from kill you instead?”
I let out a laugh. “Because,” I said, stepping closer to him, our chests touching on every inhale. “You wouldn’t hurt little ol’ me,” I said with a sweet smile. “Now, which car can I take?”
He didn’t answer; he just brought his head down to mine, out lips meeting harshly. I kissed back, needing him to agree. He pulled back.
“There’s a Ford Fusion in the back,” he said to one of his guys. “Go grab it.”
I smirked, giving him the wad of cash. “Keep the extra five,” I whispered, kissed his jaw.
The Fusion was brought around and I went to the Camaro, bending over to grab my bag. I heard whistles and rolled my eyes. I grabbed my bag and shoes, walking over to the Fusion. I took the keys, jerking my head for Joel to get into the passenger side.
“The Camaro’s stolen, by the way,” I said, climbing into the car.
“Kinda figured,” I heard the guy call.
I started the car, my legs crossed outside of the door. I got out, opening the trunk of the Fusion and then the Camaro, moving the five automatic rifles. I smirked at the look on the leader’s face. He walked over when I shut the Fusion’s trunk.
“Here’s my number,” he said, handing me a piece paper.
“No thanks,” I said, walking to the car. “My boyfriend would kill you if he ever found that.” I look at him over my shoulder and shrugged. “Assassins, what are you going to do?”
I got in the car and shut the door. I adjusted the mirrors as Joel laughed at the leader’s expression. I smirked at the guy through the mirror. He was so easy to mess with. I kicked off my heels, passing them to Joel. I pressed the brake and shifted into drive.
I went out the back way. “You can go to sleep, I’ll drive,” I said, merging onto the highway.
“I think we need to talk about what just happened?”
“I cheated on your brother, now go to sleep.”

I parked the car outside of the motel. I smacked Joel in the chest and turned off the car. I shifted the phone so I could hold it with my shoulder.
“So, you kissed him.”
“I got a car that wasn’t traceable.”
“You kissed him.”
“I did what I had to. It’s part of the job. Welcome to the wonderful world of spies.” I grabbed my bag and opened the door. I took the phone in my left hand. “Open the door, we’re here.”
The door at the end of the complex opened, revealing an angry Valentine. “You kissed him?!”
“It got me a car and my life. I’m just glad to not be dead,” I paused. “Yet.”
“I won’t let you die.”
“You can’t promise me anything.”
“I’m not; I’m just letting you that I will not let you die.”
I put my hand on his cheek. “You and I both know we can do nothing to stop what is to happen. We’ll just have to wait and see.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi. =] I'm eating a PB&J sammich, that I made, 'cause I'm a woman. Lol, jk.
Anyway, yeah, that's about all I have to say. =] Have a nice day/night depending on when you read this. =]

shygirl1993- Psh, no you wouldn't. You need me to protect you from the Zombie Apocalypse. =P