Saving Darcy

Intro.

“You're late again Miss Scott.”

Darcy blushed as she trudged past her Math teacher gripping her books tightly towards her chest. The whole class was staring at her, somewhat evil glares. She was in a advanced Math, meaning that each individual in the classroom had worked hard to gain there place in such a high class and they obviously didn't like it being interrupted.

“I'm sorry Mr. Haner.” She grumbled placing her books on the desk and pulling a small note pad out from her bag.

He just gave her a small nod before turning back to the chalk board and looking at his watch. She hadn't meant to be late for class again, this was the third day in a row. To make matters worse she couldn't concentrate on what was being scribbled on the board, the thoughts from this morning flooding into her head pushing out all concentration. Darcy had gotten into another argument with her father, and he had become violent again. He was out all evening drinking and didn't stop until the early hours of this morning, meaning that he woke up still slightly drunk. She had told him some few home truths, and he didn't like it one bit.

“Miss Scott, please pay attention.” Mr Haner sighed interrupting her from all of her thoughts.

“I-I'm sorry, I-”

The annoying sound of the bell ringing had cut her off and all the class stood up and collected all their belongings. She decided to copy them and was half way out of the classroom before she heard her teacher clear his throat. She spun around and he gestured for her to come over to him.

“I need a word.” He said quietly, sitting down on the edge of his desk and waiting for the class to leave before walking over and closing the door behind them.

“This is the third day Darcy.”

“I know, I'm sorry-”

“Sorry isn't going to get you to pass Math.” He interrupted holding out a hand in-front of her, “I might have to ring home.”

“No!” She exclaimed, almost dropping all of her books, “No, please don't.”

He arched an eyebrow at her before clearing his throat, “There are students lining up to take this class Miss Scott, it seems to me like you're not to bothered if you're in this class or not.”

“No, that's not it, that's really not it.” She replied quickly, “I'll put my head down, I'll do some extra classes or something. Please don't kick me out, I need this.”

His eyes scanned her face, he noticed her bruised cheek despite her trying to cover it up with foundation and some cover-up. He always noticed, “I think you need some time out, that's all.”

“No, I- I-” She sighed in frustration, “I'll be on time tomorrow, I swear.”

He bit his lip and grabbed his mug of coffee, “One more chance and detention with me after school”

She nodded quickly and headed for the door without another word cussing to herself under her breath. She closed the door behind her, trying to piss him off even more by slamming the door. She spun around only to collide with something hard, making her open up her arms to stop herself from falling and dropping all of her books onto the floor.

“Shit.” She grumbled looking up to meet a pair of green eyes, staring down at her.

“Aw man, I'm sorry.” He gasped stepping back and frowning at his mistake, “I shouldn't of been so close to the door.”

He was a janitor, with grey overalls on and a grey cap. He had the most perkiest lips with two piercings on either side and a septum piercing. He must have been knew, because she didn't recognise him, she would of recognised that beautiful face.

“You're books all wet.” He grumbled bending down and picking up her economics notes and shaking it off. He was cleaning the floor, and her book fell into the bucket. Just her luck.

“It's okay, I should have been watching were I was going.” She gave him a quick smile before spinning on her feet and walking off in the wrong direction of her class, her cheeks burning a fiery red from embarrassment. She adjusted her glasses before inhaling deeply and trying not to attract any-more un-wanted attention before the day was out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Keep, delete? Idk you guys decide.