Saving Darcy

#8

Darcy lay flat on her back on her bed, her head throbbing and her throat dry. She exhaled, cringing when her throat felt like it was being scraped at with a chisel. Her ankle pulsed with pain, she could feel the blood still dripping onto the bedsheets below. Every time she breathed, her ribcage reacted with a painful ache.

He left about an hour ago, he had did exactly what he did to her in his classroom, except this time it felt like he was stabbing her with a knife. This time he had slapped her across the face, his rings on his fingers had caught her cheek, ripping a huge, bleeding cut just below her eye. Just before he left he ripped up all of her Math paper, meaning she would have to spend extra time with him to catch up on it. He had her in the palm of his hands.

Her phone vibrated on her night stand. She turned her head and lifted her right arm before pulling It in front of her face.

From: Zacky.
You left your jacket in my car, I'll bring it over tomorrow morning. I had a good time tonight, we should do it again some time x

A small smile appeared across her face as she placed the phone down by her side. She heaved herself up onto her elbows, letting out a small groan of pain. The dried blood on her sheets stuck to her skin, causing another painful moan to escape her lips as she swung her legs over the side of her bed.

She felt so vulnerable. No one could help her, she couldn't have a shoulder to cry on. She could ignore the beatings from her father, after a certain amount of time she had just learnt to live with it. But being touched sexually without permission took everything to a different level, it made her feel disgusting, it made her feel violated and ugly. Not that she felt pretty in the first place, her father made sure of that.

She figured she should take a shower, hoping it would at least take away some of the pain and filth. The water was almost boiling, it burned her skin, but that was okay … maybe it would burn off his touch. When she placed herself underneath the shower head, she felt her scalp burn. She figured it was from all the hair pulling. He had actually ripped out a small amount and laughed at the act. Before he left, he picked her up and put her to bed, kissing her forehead and tucked her in.

Darcy stepped out from the shower and wrapped a towel around her hair. She picked the other towel off the rack and wrapped it around her body, staring at her face in the mirror. The gash underneath her eye had swollen and turned purple. Her other eye still supported a yellow bruise. She looked terrible, she looked like someone had ran her over with a fork-lift.

She didn't have the strength to changed the sheets, so she just placed a clean blanket over the steins and lay on top of it. She turned her pillow around and sighed deeply before closing her eyes and silently cried herself to sleep.



When Darcy woke up in the morning, a sudden flush of panic washed over her. Zacky was dropping off her jacket soon, but she looked like she had just had a fight with a bear. What excuse could she possibly use?

To her horror, the doorbell rang downstairs.

She grabbed her phone from her side and checked the time, it was 11am, she had over slept. Leaping up from her bed she froze as her feet hit the ground, she forgot about the pain in-between her legs. She hissed in pain, biting her lip to stop herself from letting out a scream. When the pain subsided she stared at herself in her mirror. She grabbed the foundation and rubbed it on the bruises, trying her best to cover them up.

Darcy ran down the stairs and took a deep breath before opening the door. Zacky was stood with her jacket tossed over his arm. He had black jeans on, a coloured shirt and his hair looked all fancy. He looked gorgeous and she looked terrible. His smile soon faded when he saw her face.

“What the hell happened to you?”

Apparently her disguise didn't work very well.

“W-When I got in last night I tripped over the stairs.” She stuttered, taking the jacket away from him.

His eye brows creased together, “Holy shit are you okay?”

She tried to stop him from walking in, but he did anyway. He took her face in his hands and brushed a thumb over the cut lightly, “How did you cut yourself on a stair?”

She shrugged, “I don't know.”

The look he gave her let her know that he didn't believe her, and she felt her breathing speed up. He stared down at her, looking from once bruise to the next bruise.

“Please tell me what happened to you Darcy.”

He looked down at the floor and lightly pushed his hands away, “I told you what happened Zacky, it's okay.”

“I-It doesn't look like you fell over, it looks like someone's attacked you.”

She wanted nothing more than to scream in his face that she had been attacked. She wanted him to hold her and tell her everything was okay and that he couldn't hurt her any-more. But of course, that was completely out of the question.

“No one attacked me,” She chuckled, “I fell over, I told you I'm clumsy.”

He nodded slowly and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, “Well .. I'll see you Monday then, yeah?”

She nodded, “Sure.”

He gave her a quick wave before spinning around and walking back to his car. As soon as she closed the door behind him, her back hid the wood and she fell to the floor in a mess, her eyes flooding with tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a crap chapter :(
But comment for updates?