Saving Darcy

#7

The inside of The Beach House had changed a lot since Darcy was small. She remembered coming here for family occasions and sometimes Christmas, when her father was still slightly sane. She remembered thinking how 'posh' it was, and being on her best behaviour. Now, it looked like a normal place to pop out to dinner, it was just a cute surfer café.

Zacky had booked a table, she thought that was really sweet of him to do something like this for her. She had never been treated this way before, it made her feel really warm inside, it made her forget about everything. They sat down and Zacky handed her a menu. She analysed it before looking over at Zacky and asking him what he was going to order.

“Ham and cheese burger,” He grinned shrugging, “I've had a hard day.”

She chuckled and nodded, “I'll have the same then.”

He nodded and took the menus to go and order at the front desk. Darcy felt nervous. She didn't want to put him off, so she would have to keep what she talked about things that should interest him. Pulling her seat closer to the table she felt her phone ring in her pocket. She frowned, wondering who would be calling her. It was a number she didn't recognise.

“Hello?”

“Darcy,” It was Mr Haner. She knew right away from his voice. For some reason she became scared as the grip on her phone tightened.

“How do you have my number?” She asked breathless.

“That's irrelevant. What are you doing?”

She frowned, “I'm out … with a friend. Why are you calling me?” She asked again.

“What friend?”

“Just a friend that I know-”

“Male?”

She inhaled and exhaled, “That's irrelevant Mr. Haner.”

She heard him growl, “Don't play smart with me.”

“I'm not.”

“I'm coming over to-”

She pulled the phone away from her ear and ended the call, hanging up on him. She was in shock. She had given him her number a couple a months ago so that she could text him her fathers number, she was surprised he still had it, he just have saved it. Just as she was about to check the number Zacky returned.

“Someone’s popular” He joked shooting her a small smile. If only you knew, she thought and she weakly smiled back at him. She turned her head sideways and heard him gasp loudly.

“How the hell did you get that blinder? Got that’s a huge bruise.” He exclaimed pointing towards her eye.

She laughed weakly, “I walked into a door.”

“You- How can you get a black eye from that”

“Long story.”

He nodded slowly with narrowed eyes, “Clumsy huh?”

“Very.”

They spoke for a while when the food came. Darcy had found herself growing very fond of Zacky, he seemed like a generally nice guy. She had never actually spoken to a nice guy before. They had all been abusive or … hateful. Zacky showed her many of his tattoos, she seemed to show a great interest in them. She watched him point his finger over his latest tattoo he had on his hand, she thought it was beautiful.

“I just love ink,” He smiled, “I think it tells you a lot about a person.”

Darcy nodded, “It's beautiful, I want a tattoo.”

His eyebrows raised as he took a bite of his burger, “Really?”

Her head shook up and down, “Yeah, I want a lot of them.”

He seemed taken back. Darcy didn't look like the type of girl who would want a tattoo, she seemed really innocent. He couldn't imagine her covered in tattoo's, but if she was, she'd look fine.

“I suddenly like you a lot more.” He joked as he playfully winked at her. She blushed and looked down, which made him chuckle even more. She was too cute.

The rest of their night was spend taking about nothing relevant. Zacky had brought up a question about her family, but she seemed to just shrug the question off, like she had nothing good to say about them. He also asked how she was doing in school and again the question just got shrugged off.

“Thanks for taking me out Zacky, I had a really good time.” She smiled as she opened the black door of his car.

He nodded, “Don't mention it. I'll see you on Monday.”

She closed the car door and let out a heavy content sigh. Turning around though, she almost had a heart attack. A black Escalade sat right behind her on her drive-way, a well built man leant against it with his arms crossed tight over her chest. It was Mr. Haner. She turned around as she heard Zacky's car spin around the street, he was gone.

Her best bet was to run into the house and slam shut the door, then hope for the best. Her heart was in her throat. She quickly ran for the door, seeing him move from the corner of her eye. She almost tripped over the step, but managed to regain her footing. She quickly placed the key in the door, turning it in a record time. The door was about to close behind her when a foot pressed itself between the door and its frame. Darcy pushed her whole weight against the door, hearing a distinct cracking and then a load cuss word. But of course, he was much bigger and stronger than her and found it almost easy to push open the wooden door and send her flying backwards onto her behind.

“Well,” He smirked closing the door behind him, “What was all that about Darcy?”

She stayed down on the floor, unable to move. She was terrified. It disgusted her how much he now reminded him of her father, the angry twisted upon his face, his fists clenched in balls.

“I-I- Please Mr. Haner, just leave, please.” She begged, pushing an arm out in front of her as his huge frame slowly came closer and closer to her. His hand snatched forwards and grabbed a fist full of of her chocolate hair earning a small whimper.

He dragged her along the cold floor, giving her burns from where her shirt was rising up and the friction was too much for her delicate skin. He pulled her hair up, causing her to rise too her feet and stand on her tippy toes to take the pressure away from her skull. He pushed her against the wall, still not letting go of her hair.

“Who the fuck was that? In the car, who was it?!” His breath was hot against her neck and it made her cringe. She yelped when he tangled his fingers deeper into her hair and tugged once more, the pain was incredible.

“I-It was my friend from school.” She merely whispered, un-able to force any more out.

He growled as he let go, causing her too fall to a crumble on the floor. She gasped for breath, rubbing her scalp too ease the pain. But he was far from finished.

“Get up, get up right now.” He demanded. He sounded nothing like the teacher she once knew, this wasn't Mr. Haner, this was a demon.

“J-Just go, I won't tell anyone, I p-promise.”

He chuckled, “I'm far from leaving.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww Zacky is just adorable though!
Comment for updates! :33