Status: In process

A Beautiful Lie

I found you something told me to stay

I snatched one cigarette from Synyster’s hand and took his lighter. I was shaking from so much stress with school and my band. I popped the cancer stick in my mouth and lit it.

“I don’t know what your issue is.” Syn whispers, “You failed one test.”

“Think about it,” Johnny Christ spoke up. “He’s such a perfect student. Failing one test is a big deal.”

“Yeah, I guess,” I whispered. No, none of you understand I’m worried about the fact my father will abuse me for failing.

“Cheer up,” Jimmy Sullivan said. “Come on, we got band practice then hanging out at that stupid football game.”

I laughed out and took a drag. I threw my cigarette on the ground, turning to Jimmy’s school. Unlike the rest of us, he goes to a catholic school. The school was falling apart and as old as my father. I looked at the grey steps to see a kid there.

He looked very shy. He wore their uniform which was a white polo shirt, black tie, blue jeans and black dress shoes. His phone was found in his hands; he was fiddling around with it. His hair was black and short. He must be at least two years younger then me.

I stole another cigarette from Syn’s hand and keep staring at the child. “Jimmy, who’s that on the steps?”

Jimmy turned and came by me. “Frank Iero,” Jimmy says. “I never talk to him. He’s a freshman. Half of that class is annoying; I think he’s the only one I actually like. He’s quiet though; I’m guessing to keep out of drama. He’s really good at rhythm guitar though.”

“Maybe we can replace Zacky then.” Matt Shadows laughed out.

“Shut up, you asshole. Let me see if Frank wants to come by.” I ran across the street, throwing my jacket over my shoulders. I walked by the steps. Frank seemed shocked and looked up slowly. “Frank Iero, right?”

“Y-yeah, how did you--?” Frank seemed scared of me a bit. Probably the make up…piercing…I dressed pretty simple today.

“Jimmy Sullivan,” I sat on the rail. “He knows about everyone.” Frank shook his head and looked down on his phone again. “Waiting for someone?”

“Uh, my mom is a bit late.” Frank shrugged out.

“Text your mom, tell her you’re hanging out with Jimmy. She must know him. You’ll be hanging out with him, me and the rest of us.” Frank shook his head and told his mom all this. “Good boy, now let’s get going. We have band rehearsals, which you will watch. Oh, I hope you don’t mind; you’re coming to our high school football game.”

“I-I guess. I was supposed to go to our—“

I shook my head. “Do you see Jimmy going to you school’s game? He always goes to ours. You must hate half of the teens on the team too; I know Jimmy does. Snobs and brats, right?” Frank shook his head slightly. “See, public schools don’t give that much shit. We don’t care if you’re rich or not. We just care about styles and spreading rumors. Trust me, whenever I get sick, someone starts some rumor that I have some fucked up STD.”

Frank chuckled. “Alright, I go but what about—“

“We’re crashing at our friend, Brian’s—well call him Synyster—house. I’m sure he has amazing clothing by the way he dresses. I’ll style you up.” I smirked. “It’s not gonna be ex—I’m lying.”

Frank’s eyes opened up. I laughed and took him to meet the guys. “So,” Rev speaks up. “You broke the ice with Frank?”

I shrugged. I tried to grab another cancer stick form Syn. He moved his hand. “Asshole,” I whispered. “My father caught me smoking. Don’t want to mention how much trouble I got into.” A couple bruises on my face but nothing major…no one can notice with my make up. I signed deeply and Syn tossed me the pack and lighter. “You smoke, Frank?”

“I-I do more pot…”

“Damn,” Matt says. “Catholic school teens go extreme.”

Synyster chuckles, “Like Jimmy isn’t like that.”

Jimmy hits his shoulder. I rolled my eyes. “Jimmy is totally innocence. Let’s go to Syn’s house. Syn, I’m having Frank borrow your clothing.”

“But—“

“I’ll return them to you tomorrow.” Frank spoke up. “I know you don’t live far. Jimmy always visits me before he goes to your house.”

“Alright,” Syn says. “I’ll agree to that, punk.”

Once we got there, I picked up one of Syn’s guitars and tuned it up. “What do you play?” Frank speaks up, “Like the position…”

“Rhythm,” I said. “I know you do to; another thing Jimmy told me.” I played a couple chords then rehearsed with the band. We work on some of our new stuff. I looked at Frank; he was smiling, rocking out to the music. “So,” I screamed to Frank, “what do you think?”

“W-what type of music is that?”

“Punk rock,” I walked over to him, “a little screamo, and more metal.”

“That’s pretty awesome.”

My head turned, confused. “You never listen to that stuff? Rock at least?” Frank shook his head.

“I-I never got into it.”

I shook my head. “I have a lot to teach you. Come upstairs with me; I’m gonna style you.” We went up to Syn’s room. He laid out a couple options for me to pick around with. I told Frank to stand up straight as I look at the clothing. I grabbed my messenger bag which had my styling tools.

I picked out ripped, black, skinny jeans for Frank. I yelled at him to throw them on. He came back and I added some safety pins to them. For a top, I gave him a simple black v- neck. The ends were ripped up. I grabbed my guitar pick and fiddled with it a bit. I threw a chain over it.

“Did you just make that,” Frank whispers as he comes out.

I threw it on his neck and clipped it. “Yep, just a little memory of me for you.” I smirked in the mirror of him. “You look good, Frankie.”

He smiles to me. I rush over and grab my grey jean jacket. I threw it over his shoulders. “Alright,” Frank said. “I really like this style.”

“As you should,” I mumbled, fixing him up. “Alright, sit down, you brat.” I smirked to him. “Time for your make up.” I clapped, making myself sound more gay. Frank started chuckling.

I started with a pale cover up. He stood very still. “Good boy,” I whispered. “This won’t be long.” After I finished up with that, I mixed up my grey/silver eye shadow with my black. “Close your eyes and relax,” I murmured in his ears. He did as told; I smiled.

I placed a hand on his face and started working on the eyes. I took my liquid blue eyeliner and made cat eyes. I bit my lip in thinking. Gosh he’s really hot. He has a perfect smile and a shy attitude. I think I really like this kid. Gosh, Zacky, what are you thinking? You never work out with guys. Your father would basically murder you…

I got up and looked far away. “Open your eyes and look in the mirror.” Frank walked over and gasped. “Good?”

“This…this feels so weird.”

“Welcome to being a punk rocker,” I said to him. I threw him my old converse. “Keep them; they don’t fit me well.” He threw them on. “Well? Let’s go!”

I threw on Jimmy’s leather jacket. He won’t mind. I threw on my boots and went downstairs. Synyster laughed, “You guys look so alike.”

I stared at Frank as he started at me. Jimmy spoke up, “It’s like you can be his big brother, Zacky V.”

“Oh shush, let’s go…”

!!!

We went down to the field. Frank stood by my side, hands in the pockets of the jeans. We meet up with Ronnie Radke, Max Green, Jacky Vincent, Bob Bryar, and Jacoby Shaddix. I introduced Frank to everyone. “Guys, this is my little pet, Frank Iero.”

Jimmy cracked up. “Seriously, he did make up and everything!”

I shrugged. Ronnie laughed, pulling Jacky closer to him. “You make it look so easy.” Ronnie spoke up.

“It’s not hard at all.” After I had to learn when I was getting abused…

“You guys look like brothers,” Max squeals.

“Shut up!” I and Frank yelled. I looked at him with a chuckle. After a couple hours passed of teasing, I finally took Frank home.

Frank smiled to me as I dropped him off. “Thanks again, Zacky.”

“No problem, see you around.” I went to Jimmy’s house for a over night with the guys. Frank put his number in my cell phone to text him. As I went into Jimmy’s house, Frank called. “What’s up, Frank?”

“I left all my stuff at Syn’s and forgot to give the clothes back.”

“Just drop it off tomorrow, Frank, or at school. Don’t worry about it.”

“Do you need your jean jacket?”

I smiled a bit as I came into the room with all the guys. “Keep the jean jacket, alright, gotta go, see you.” I hung up and heard Johnny and Brian chuckling. “Shut up!”

“Someone has a lover.” Jimmy screams out.

“Shut up!” Because it’s so true…I think I’m in love with this kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll be writng odds which are Zacky's POV; Sinsrose will be writing evens and Frank's POV
Chapter title song- Dear God by Avenged Sevenfold
Story title- Song by 30 Seconds to Mars