Status: Active

Give in to Love, or Live in Fear

#12

The next dreary morning came all too soon, and there wasn't much more Mirabelle hated than having to wake up in the morning.

She sighed, wearily standing from her bed and making her sluggish way to the trunk at the foot of her bed.

Mirabelle stripped of her warm pajamas, replacing them with her school uniform, a long sleeved white button up shirt, a short black skirt, the infamous vest and robe and lastly, she grudgingly slipped on her black Mary Janes over her knee length socks.

As she exited the door of the girl dormitory, she tied her silver and green tie.

Slowly she descended the stairs that lead to the dormitories, unimpressed and eyes half closed.

''Someone didn't get much sleep.'' Adrian observed, gesturing the her sluggish stature.

''No! You are quite possibly the smartest student in Hogwarts!'' She sarcastically spoke.

Adrian smirked, her grumpiness was ever so amusing.

''Dude, your tie is so screwed up.'' She almost laughed at the jumbled mess knotted around his neck.

He looked down at his tie, frowning slightly. ''I hate. So much.''

She untangled it, tying it the proper way. ''You're all set now, big boy.'' She teased, pinching his cheek lightly.

He glared, rubbing his blushing cheek.

Mirabelle laughed softly, hating his for vanishing her dark mood.

''C'mon, lover.'' She lopped their arms together, leaving the Slytherin's house door.

*

''Wherever have you been?'' Adrian questioned of a wide awake and cheery Marcus Flint.

''Shower.'' He answered simply, his steps falling in with Mirabelle and Adrian's as they walked to the Great Hall.

''Adrian could use one of those.'' Mirabelle playfully said, sticking her tongue out at a defensive Adrian.

''I shower plenty!'' He held a hand over his heart, his eyes wide.

Mirabelle and Marcus held in their pressing laughter. ''Sure, hun.'' Mirabelle patted his back, smiling brightly.

*

''Food. My loving friend!'' Adrian glared at Marcus and Mirabelle, who had been teasing him the whole way there.

''You wont poke fun at me.'' He added, gaining a few rounds of laughter.

''Spoke it like a true fatty.'' Mirabelle laughed, sitting next to him.

Marcus laughed loudly, squishing in between the two.

''What would you know about that? You're sort of a skeleton! You're a... a... TWIG!'' Adrian burst, his lack of proper insulting amusing his so-called 'friends'.

''Hey! I am NOT a twig! I am a very bodilicious girl!'' Mirabelle glared, gesturing to her body.

''Right! Yeah...'' Marcus sarcastically assured, covering his mouth to suppress his laughter.

''I need my book back!'' The ever so snobby first year Hermione crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at Malfoy from across the table.

''Why should I give it to you?'' Malfoy smirked, holding her book to high for her to reach.

''Oh, give it over. Its not like you'll be reading it.'' Mirabelle spoke, smiling as Marcus and Adrian laughed.

He gave it to her grudgingly, she rose her nose in the hair and walked away.

*

Finally the last class let out and with loud sighs of relief and chairs scrapping against the cold stone floor, the class was emptied.

Mirabelle didn't care to rush like most of the others, its not like she had anywhere special to be.

She shoved her things into her arms and slowly walked out, her head down.

When she made it to the Slytherin's common room, an mysterious owl flew next to her, a rolled up parchment tied to its foot.

She bit her lip, her dark brows coming together slightly. Mirabelle untied the letter from its foot and unrolled it.

Hello again!

I want to know who you are, give me a hint?

Mirabelle smiled, scribbling down the hint at a table in the corner.

I am a Slytherin

She didn't want it to be so easy, she tied the letter back, smirking slightly she shooed it on its way.

Just a few moments later that same mysterious owl returned.

Well that's specific! Give me something else, please?

She sighed, thinking of something else, finally she settled on the first letter of her name.

Alright! The first letter of my first name is M.

Now, give me a hint about you.

She somewhat wished she didn't figure it out just yet, it would be far more fun not knowing.

The owl flew away as she leaned back on the black leather sofa in their gloomy cold common room.

She anticipated the arrival of that anonymous owl, something about writing to a stranger was thrilling.

That narrows it down. How about with every question their a hint?

Gryffindor

She sighed, wishing he wouldn't sort it out.

What's your blood status?

I love Quidditch

~M

She was not going to mention she was on the Slytherin's Quidditch team, he knew she was Slytherin and there was only one girl on the team, her.

''Writing to that anonymous dude again?'' Marcus plopped down next to her as she gave the letter to the owl.

''Yep.'' She popped the 'P', smiling widely.

''Do you know who it is yet?'' He asked, glancing at the owl.

''No, just that he's a Gryffindor.''

Marcus nodded, just as Adrian joined the small party on the sofa.