Status: Active

Give in to Love, or Live in Fear

#21

After a full 60 minutes of pure unfaltering amusement, the polyjuice potion atlas wore off, leaving a chestfallen Mirabelle to sigh; ''All good things come to an end.'' She had shrugged.

Adrian was restored to his original appearance, grateful they were in the empty boys dormitory on break, only Mirabelle and Marcus with him as his hair went from blond to black, his eyes amber to blue and his bodacious curves flattening to nonexistence.

During free period Mirabelle walked the halls, boredom nearly resorting her to taking a nap.

She couldn't wait for practice, of course, Gryffindor had booked it two hours before, they would have to wait for Wood to gather his roughty bunch and nearly banish them to the
castle.

Although she failed to think of him, she couldn't say shes ever really thought of him, they where simply rivals on the pitch, elsewhere... well lets just say he hardly comes to mind.

She contently walked along the corridor until her free period had run out, rushing to charms for the simple promise of actually doing something.

Atlas the great hall buzzed with chatter, students and teachers alike.

The sun was only just settling behind the comfort of the colorful trees, snuggling down against the ground as the air began to chill.

Mirabelle had only just gotten off of detention, begrudgingly muttering of how unbelievable it was they would grant her such a curse.

Gloomily and briskly she turned to the left upon entering the crowded diner room, walking between the Hufflepuff's diner table and the Slytherin's, she joined her friend, Marcus.

Adrian had not made it back from his own detention, although he was more that happy about this being his last day, those house-elves were far too cheery for their own good.

*

Only a few more moments and the Gryffindor Quidditch team would clear the pitch, and the Slytherin team awaited anxiously in their gloomy dark green and black leather clad common room, with the exception of Mirabelle, who was returning a few books to the library, she couldn't possibly just sit around and wait.

Briskly making her way back, her hands emptied of the books she had borrowed from Pince, the librarian, she watch the floor disappear beneath her feet.

Suddenly she glanced up, catching a glimpse of another person, dangerously close to her, simultaneously the stopped, but it was far too late, the speed in which they were walking wouldn't allow them to stop so suddenly.

Mirabelle was greeted with a bit more than a painful full body blow, this person happened to be muddy.

Perfect. Mirabelle thought sarcastically, pushing the person away.

She glanced down at her once white school uniform shirt, taking a deep breath as she reminded herself to calm down, to not tackle this person to the floor.

Peering up at the perpetrator, she rolled her eyes. ''Oh, but of course! It's you. It's always you.''

''God hates me.'' She spoke to herself, shaking her head as she examined her shirt once more. ''What did you do, Wood, roll around in the mudd?!'' She threw her hands up, the amount of mud puzzling her.

Mirabelle took a shaky breath, attempting to control herself, she walked around him, mumbling about how her luck was unusually bad this week.

''What a b*tch'' Fred and George appeared, rolling their eyes.

Oliver snapped out of his head, glancing over at them quickly. ''Hey! Don't call her that.''

George sighed. ''You're smitten by the enemy.''

''Do you even know her? Besides the obvious first impression that she is a total shrew.'' Fred added, leaning against the wall, covered in mudd as well, the three boys still in their Quidditch gear.

*

The Slytherin team hastily dressed in their Quidditch robes, pulling on their dark thick leather gloves and snatching up their brooms, compliments of Mr. Malfoy, in exchange of his talentless sarcastic 12 year old boy. It was hardly worth it.

''In the air everybody!'' Marcus shouted over the light rain, himself and his team zooming toward the sky.

''Bletchley! Man the hoops, quit flirting.'' He snapped at a smirking Miles Bletchley as he talked to 2 Slytherin girls who had come to watch the practice.

Miles cleared his throat and took his place near the goalposts.

And with a brief whistle, the Quaffle was violently thrown into the air, starting just one of many brutal practices.

*

''Gryffindor is going down for sure this year.'' Smirked Marcus, who was greatly pleased with his teams progress.

In the great hall, diner was still on, and Adrian rushed to the open doors, he hadn't been able to eat until now.

Mirabelle followed slowly behind him, while the remaining team mates heading for the common room, they all had already showered after practice.

She was met by a all too happy 1st year, the little girl smiled wildly up at her, adorned in oversized Gryffindor house robes and holding a heartshaped box of candy.

Mirabelle looked down at her blankly, slightly disgusted looking as she peered suspciously down at her.

The girl handed her the box and scampered off.

No doubt those candies were the product of a slightly lame hate crime and the long months it took for the suspects to bake up sickness ridden chocolates.

Mirabelle smirked, walking quickly in the direction of the infamous Weasley twins.

''Open up.'' She whispered behind them, managing to pop one chocolate candy into both of their mouths at once.

They swirled around to look at her, not sure of who it was, upon seeing her, their eyes widened a considered amount and they swiftly spat out the candies.

''Oh my! It seems you've dropped your candy! But don't you two worry, there's more!'' She spoke mock sweetly, throwing the box on the table in front of them.

''Don't shot a bear with a BB gun.'' She whispered into their ear, dangerously close to them, her voice low and threatening.

Oliver, Fred and George shivered from across the table, once she had left.