Your Heart Gives Mine Reason to Beat

Your Heart Gives Mine Reason to Beat (Tyson Ritter

Image

Run.
The voice inside my head kept telling me as my feet continued to hit the pavement at a life threatening pace. My face burned from where he hit me and the tears made my vision blurry.
It was atleast 3 miles to Tyson's house and the roaring engine of Kenny's car was beginning to gain on me.
"Christina, get in the fucking car!" His voice boomed begin me.
I felt my strength increase as a forced my burning legs into a more powerful sprint. Kenny would know where I was going so I decided to take a back way. I made a quick turn down the street and jumped over a wooden fence that lead to an alley. I scraped my knees on the jump down but I ignored the pain.
I was relieved to finally hear the engine faint out in the distance and I decided to walk the rest of the way there.
When I finally reached Tyson's house, I quietly went around the back to his room. I wasn't surprised to see the light on when I looked through his window. Tyson always stayed up late writing songs for his band. I gently knocked on his window, careful not to wake his parents.
The blinds to Tyson's room snapped open and a gorgeous guy with dark brown hair and bright blue eyes peering back at me. Tyson's smile quickly turned to a look of concern when I saw that I was upset.
"Chris," he said as he snapped his window open and helped me inside.
I fell into his arms and buried my head into his neck as I began to cry.
"Christy," Tyson said as he rubbed my back. He pulled me back to look at me. He wiped my tears with his thumbs. He stopped when he saw the black and blue bruise by my eye. "Did Kenny do this?" he asked. I could sense the anger growing in his voice.
I nodded and wipped my nose with my sleeve.
"I swear I'm gonna kill him!"
"Tyson."
"No, I can't let him keep doing this to you. I have to put a stop to it."
It was just like Tyson to care so much about me. Him being my best friend, I expected it. What Tyson was saying was a nice thought, but we both knew that Kenny could kill Tyson. Kenny was twice his size and twice as phyco.
"Ring, Ring, Ring," Tyson's telophone rang. He quickly snatched it up and pressed talk.
"Hello?" Tyson asked into the phone.
I expected it to be his bitchy girlfriend, Lindy, but instead it was worse.
"Oh, hey Kenny," Tyson said keeping his voice smooth, but giving me agravated expression.
As much as Tyson probably wanted to tell him off, I waved my hands in the air, signaling him not tell Kenny I was here.
"She's missing?," Tyson asked. "I haven't seen her at all."
I could her Kenny's screaming through the reciever. I hadn't expected him to believe that.
"Man, I told you, I haven't seen or heard from her at all today. But this sounds serouis, maybe we should call the police," Tyson suggested.
More yelling.
I gave Ty a thumbs up, knowing that Kenny would hate it if we called the police. He had already had many run-ins with the law and he knew that I would just tell the cops that he was abusing me.
"Okay, well if I see her I will let you know," Tyson said before hanging up the phone. "Crazy Greek asshole," he muttered.
'I should probably go," I said.
"What? Why? Where else would you go?"
"I don't know Tyson. It's not safe to stay here. Even you said it, Kenny is crazy. He could show up here with a gun in the middle of the night. I can't take the risk of putting you or your family in danger."
Tyson took my hands and pulled me close to him. I could feel his breathe on my cheek as he spoke.
"Chris, I'm not going to let him hurt you. Okay? You'll stay here tonight and tomorrow we will deal with him."
Okay, I know you are think "just friends?" yeah right. But really, it was normal for us to be this affectionate. Tyson and I have been best friends ever since my dad got remarried and we moved here a year ago. My dad remarried a Greek banker that had a twenty year old son, Kenny, from her previous marriage. We had to move to this shit hole of Stillwater, Oklahoma because my dad found my architectural business with all of the construction going on over here. Even thought I often wished that Tyson and I were more than friends, he had a girlfriend that he cared "oh so much about." Oh yeah, it's love. That's why I saw Lindy kissing some benchwarmer on the school football team after school one day. But I couldn't tell Tyson that, he would believe me. I didn't understand what he saw in her. She was a ditzy blonde cheerleader that was taking advantage of him. It was only a matter of time until Tyson realized this.
"Here, go take a shower" Tyson said handing me a backpack that was full of my clothes.
This wasn't the first time I stayed at Tyson's. I spent more time here than I did at home. Hell, this was my home, at least it felt safer here.
When I still hadn't moved Tyson asked smiling," What, would you like me to take a shower with you?"
Yes.
"No thanks," I replied sweetly and walk off to the bathroom.
After my quick shower I pulled on my adidas soccer warm-up pants, a plain white tee shirt and my gray Hollister sweatshirt. When I returned to Tyson's room, he had set out a sleeping bag that he was lying in next to his bed.
"Awww, Tyson, your gonna give up your bed for me?" I said crawling into his blue striped sheets.
"Anything for my Christy," Tyson said.
"Mmmm these sheets smell like Tyson."
"Now that's the scent of a fine man," Tyson said in his cute southern accent.
I laughed.
"Tysonn," I whined when I saw I was right by the window. When he looked up I pointed to the window.
"Look, It's locked," Tyson said when he got onto the bed and tried to open it.
Suddenly I felt cold. Just the thought of Kenny finding me made me shiver.
"You okay?," Tyson asked putting a hand on my shoulder.
I nodded without even turning to look at him.
"Get some rest and we'll deal with all of this tomorrow," he kissed my forehead and went back to his sleeping bag.
Just when Kenny's fist was about to strike my face again, I woke up in a cold sweat.
Thank god. It was just another nightmare. I looked around my surroundings and quickly remembered I was in Tyson's room by the loads of rock posters surrounding the walls. I looked down to where Tyson's sleeping bag was lying on the floor, but nobody was in it.
Tyson?!
I quickly sat up, wondering where he could have gone. I heard a light breathing noise to my right and turned to see a body lying beside me and dark hair smothering a pillow.
I let out a sigh of relief and cuddled closer to him. I quickly fell into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave me cmnts if u like it =)