Your Heart Gives Mine Reason to Beat

Your Heart Gives Mine Reason to Beat (Tyson Ritter

Image

"Sleep good?" Tyson asked when I awoke the next morning.
I yawned and nodded. Suddenly the door to Tyson's bedroom opened and a petite young girl with short brown hair walked in.
"Ty, mom's cooking walf-" Tyson's little sister said, stopping mid- sentence when her big blue eyes fell on me. "Oh, hi Christy."
"Hey Bailey," I replied with a smile.
"Well I'll just leave then...," she muttered awkwardly and closed the door behind her.
I laughed and looked at Tyson. "Lovely."
"Yeah, well my mom already thinks that I am in love with you so It doesn't really matter," Tyson said as he pulled his sweatshirt over his head.
Are you?
"Oh," I said and plucked an invisible piece of lint off of my sweatshirt.
Tyson smiled.
"Well, now she'll just think that we are sleeping together," I said.
"Well aren't we?" Tyson said with a smirk and laughed.
I laughed and bobbed him on the head with a pillow. "Not like that butthead!"
"Chill out," he said in between laughs. "Bailey won't tell she likes you."
I smiled. I knew I always liked that kid.
"She probably doesn't like me as much as Lindy."
"No, she hates Lindy for some reason."
"Hmmm, I wonder why...," I said sarcastically.
"Hey, what is with you and her anyways," Tyson asked, turning serious.
I shrugged," She's a whore."
"Oh, real funny."
"You don't see me laughing." There was a moment of silence until I began speaking again. "I just don't see what you like about her."
"I just don't see what you like about Scotty!" Tyson shot back.
Whoa. Was he jealous? Was I jealous? "I don't like Scotty as anything more than a friend. Even though he thinks differently..."
"So you like him like you like me?"
"No." I like him, love you.
"So you do like him more than a friend?"
"No," I said getting up from the bed.
"Wait, what?" Tyson asked confused.
I smiled and shook my head. "Come on lets go for a walk."

"So what are your plans for after you graduate?" I asked, squinting from the sun to look at Tyson.
Tyson shrugged. "I'm kinda fully depending on the band to make it big. I don't really want to go to college. I mean, the partying is awesome, but I am just over school."
"Did you guys ever send in your demo to that record company?"
"Yeah, Nick actually just sent it in the other day. We're still waiting for a callback," Tyson said.
"You guys are gonna make it," I said assuringly.
Tyson smiled.
"Just don't forget about me, Tyson Ritter, when you get all famous."
"Oh, I won't Christina Marie...wait what is your last name again?"
"Haha, very funny," I said giving him a playful push to the curb.
Tyson broke out in a grin.
"So what about you? Have you decided on a college yet?" Tyson asked.
I just received a soccer scholarship that would pay for my full education at any college in the country. I was so excited that I would finally be getting away from Kenny and Stillwater. I still hadn't told my dad about the scholarship because he was on vacation with my step mom, Ramona, and wouldn't be back until next week.
"I don't know. I've been looking at alot of colleges in Florida lately. Since that was where I was raised and I really like being by the beach."
Tyson nodded and kicked a rock with his ancient gray converse. "Yeah, I can't wait to get out of this shithole."
As we made our way farther down Auburn street (going in no direction in particular) Lindy's house became visible.
"Hey isn't that Todd's car?" I asked pointing in the direction of Lindy's house. I tried not to show my excitement in my voice.
Tyson squinted in the direction of the beige house that had a 1988 Honda Accord parked in the driveway. It was the same car that the football player I saw Lindy kissing drove.
"Yeah it is. That's weird. Maybe their working on a school project together," Tyson wondered, but I could sense the doubtfulness in his voice.
"Hmmm, I don't remember being assigned any projects," I said smoothly. "Maybe you should call her?"
"Nah, I'm sure there's nothing going on."
"Okay, if your not curious...," I said and continued walking.
"Fine! Give my your cell phone. I'm out of minutes."
I tried to hide my look of triumph as I pulled my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans.
"Oooo, 7 new voice mails. I wonder who those are from?" I said sarcastically when I turned it on, knowing that they were all from Kenny.
"What a stalker."
"Here," I said as I handed Tyson my phone. He punched in a number and waited for Lindy to pick up.
"Hey sweetie. Whatcha doing?" Tyson asked into the phone. There was a moment of silence until he began speaking again. "Oh, just Molly and Sara are over?"
Mhmm, this bitch is goin' down!
"Tell her where you are!" I said nudging him in the arm.
"Well hon, I just passed your house and Todd's car was parked in your driveway," he said faking sweetness.
I could hear Lindy blabbing away some useless excuse through the phone.
"How is he hanging out with your little brother, if you don't have one?.... Oh, they just adopted him from Cambodia yesterday? That was nice of them," Tyson said smirking at me and I started cracking up.
What a retard!
"No, I'm not mad," Tyson said.
"Tysonnn! Would you hurry up? I'm getting cold," I whined, just load enough for Lindy to hear through the phone. Tyson covered the receiver as he started cracking up and gave me a thumbs up.
"I gotta go Lindy. My little sister that got adopted from Saudi Aruba this morning is calling me," he said and hung up.
We were both laughing our heads off and giving each other hi-fives.
"Knowing her she probably believed that," Tyson said.

Fifteen minutes laster we were sitting outside of 7- Eleven sipping slurpees. Suddenly a thought occured to me.
"Wait, so you weren't mad that Lindy was cheating on you?"
Tyson took a swig of his Pepsi slurpee and then looked up at me. "Truth? I was only dating her to make you mad," he said and took another swig.
I didn't have to ask him why, because it all made sense. He DID love me. I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek then looked in another direction. I could see him smiling out of the corner of me eye as I took a sip of my banana slurpee.
"Hey," he said.
I looked over and suddenly his lips came crashing into mine. I felt my heart beat quicken and butterflies swam my stomache. His hands went to my waist as the kiss got more passionate and I locked mine behind his neck. I pulled away from the kiss.
"I love you Tyson," I breathed.
Tyson smiled. "I've always loved you," he said and kissed me again.