Skyscraper

o2

Once we arrived to the party, Jason ditched me almost instantly. He promised we could dance later, but I wasn't really in the mood to dance with a drunken Jason. I didn't have to see him to know what he was doing.

Almost everyone was drinking or dancing, or both. I was sitting alone on the couch, just watching everyone have fun. I should be studying now, and I thought I was going to be able to. I had brought my textbook in hopes that I could find a quiet place, but such a place didn't exist. All the bedrooms were occupied, along with any bathrooms. People were classy.

I turned my attention to the opened book on my lap, and sighed before attempting to read it. I only got a few lines in before the music got louder and the floor started to shake. Everyone was jumping in their drunken attempt to dance.

"This is ridiculous." I muttered to myself, walking into the backyard. There were a few people out here, mainly couples making out or someone trying to make a call. I made my way over to the hammock chair by the pond, and started reading as I sat down. It was still fairly loud out here cause you could hear the music, but it was better at least.

Every time I spotted something interesting or helpful in the textbook, I would make a note of it at the top of the page to make it easier to study later on. I should have made a note to myself to bring money for a cab home, but I figured Jason would get bored and drive me home. But I doubt it now; it was getting late, and I had to be home in thirty minutes. He was still inside, either drinking or making out with some slut that wanted to get in his pants.

Even though the music was blasting loudly, I could hear some guys from the kitchen chanting. "Chug chug chug! Come on, drink it!" They repeated, probably forcing some freshman to drink beer. I knew how that felt.
With that being said, I got up, and walked back inside, holding my textbook in one hand. It wasn't a freshman though like I thought.

"Come on, be a man Sterling." Robert smirked, thrusting a beer at the schools football captain. He shook his head, and pushed it away.

"I don't drink." He refused, trying to slip out of the room. Jason stopped him.

"One won't kill you dude. Try it." He smirked, his words slurred. I walked over to him. "Hey baby."

"Leave him alone Jason." I muttered, pulling him away from the door frame that he was blocking. He pulled himself free easily.

"It's a party, it's supposed to be fun." He grabbed another drink for himself, and started drinking it. I could feel Sterling looking at me, probably confused on why I was trying to get him away from them.

"Look, a shirtless girl." I rolled my eyes as all the guys looked behind Jason, including Sterling. Typical boys. I grabbed his arm, and dragged him outside. "You weren't supposed to look!"

"I wanted to see if you were telling the truth." He said, glancing past me. I rolled my eyes again.

"You can go now. They won't be bothering you." I opened my textbook, and sat on the deck. He stood there before sitting beside me.

"Why don't you go? You're obviously not having any fun." He pointed out. I shrugged before flipping the page.

"I don't have money for a cab." I muttered. I had been reading the same sentence about five times, not really focusing.

"And I'm guessing Jason's your ride?" He asked. I nodded before glancing over at him. "You could come home with me." He offered, then realized what he had said when I gave him a dirty look. "Not like that."

I closed my book and looked at him as he stood in front of me. "I think I'll pass." I said, giving up on studying. It was too distracting here.

"Don't worry, we'd be taking a cab." He offered my his hand. I looked at it then at him.

"I just said I don't have money." I pointed out. He smiled as he shrugged.

"Think of it as a thank you for saving my taste buds." He offered his hand again. I looked back then sighed and accepted it. He pulled me to my feet then led me to the front yard where he called for a cab. "So why did you come?" He asked after he hung up. I pointed to the house.

"Jason insisted, and then he ditched me. What about you?" I asked, hugging my book to my chest.

"Timmy told me it was just gonna be a few friends and I believed him." He shrugged casually. I shook my head.

"I think next time you know not to believe him." I teased as the taxi pulled up. He chuckled and opened the door for me. I slid in and he shut it before getting in on the other side.

"Right. What's your address?" He asked. I gave it to him and he repeated it to the driver. I bit my lip gently.

"I'll pay you back." I promised, feeling a little guilty. I didn't like the idea of him wasting his money on me.

"It's fine. I already told you that." He said. He was so nice, how have I not met him before? Oh right, he was the captain of the football team.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was supposed to hang out with friends today, but since I'm sick, I GET TO UPDATE. LOTS.

Are you guys enjoying this story so far? Let me know please. ^__^ <33
Comments? :D

-Ashley Dawn