Status: two shot; completed.

Loverboy.

i'd fall anywhere with you, i'm by your side.

Dean gently lifted Adriana off the concrete, keeping his hand on her wound as she buried in her face in his chest. “Adriana, keep holding on, okay? We’re going to get you help, we’re going to call Cas and heal you.” Dean kept muttering this as he laid her out in the back of the Impala, but Adriana grabbed his hand, her breathing slow and delicate as she spoke, her eyes meeting his. Hers were dull, and his were wet with the pain of the potential to lose her.

“Dean, I love you,” Adriana breathed, and Sam shot Dean a look, and Dean took a seat in the back, holding Adriana in his arms as Sam screamed to the heavens for Castiel. Dean was shaking harder than Adriana as he pressed his lips to her forehead. He was so scared to lose her. He loved her like he had never loved anyone else except his brother, but Adriana was almost closer to him. She had been tagging along with them for what seemed like ages, and Dean loved her enough to marry her, and Sam loved her like a sister.

“I love you too, Adriana,” Dean said, his voice shaking, no longer gruff and heavy. “Do you hear me, Addy? I love you so much. Don’t leave me here.” The last four words broke the broken Adriana’s heart, and she gave her best brave smile, grabbing Dean’s hand with her free one, smiling up at him. She loved him to the Earth to the moon, and beyond.

Dean turned to Adriana, not looking the least bit scared. Adriana bit her lip, whispering so Sam wouldn’t hear. “It’s okay to be scared,” She said, gripping her silver Colt tightly in her hand, a hex bag tucked into the back of her jeans. Dean said nothing, simply grunted, and Adriana grabbed his hand and kissed him hard and shaking him a little for good measure. “It’s okay to be afraid.”

“It’s okay to be afraid, Adriana,” Dean said, his voice hollow as Adriana smiled up at him, her breathing slowing as Sam still screamed for Castiel. Dean was in a state of shock, afraid to do anything. Adriana was losing her grip on reality, things blurring in and out of focus as she suddenly got very cold, like being submerged in ice.

“I’m scared, Dean,” Adriana breathed, it becoming increasingly harder to speak as she began to shiver, going into shock as the life drained out of her body slower than she ever could have imagined. The physical pain was too much for her to handle, and she began to cry. “I can’t, Dean, I can’t be brave like you were. I need you,” She cried, tears falling down her cheeks silently as she began to hyperventilate, seeing the Reapers everywhere she turned.

“I’m here for you, baby,” He whispered, pressing his lips against her forehead again, before thinking better of it. He kissed her, all the feeling he had been feeling towards her translated into that one kiss. Love, hatred for her leaving, and that sense of being with her forever. Adriana looked at Dean with that same feeling, breathing slower until she suddenly stopped, the blood still dripping from between her fingers as she, even in death, held her guts together.
♠ ♠ ♠
definitely not the best thing i've ever written, but this is the best i could come up with after working on it for weeks, so don't judge me too harshly.

i know this isn't how Dean usually acts, but i kind of enjoyed working that into his character, that she has changed him for the better. and i also enjoy the flashbacks, because they're cute and almost add a more macabre feel, i don't know i just like them.

comment and check out the contest page, because this contest is exactly what i wanted (: