Status: a working progress...

Mistake

Chapter seven

“Whoa! What on God’s green earth happened to Sharon?” Ryan asked as Paul and Damian carried her into the front lounge of the bus.

“She fainted.” Was Paul’s simple reply as he and Damian placed her on the couch.

“Well, yes, we can see that. But why?” Neil questioned, coming from the back of the bus.

“She received the shock of her life…” I muttered, glancing at Paul and Damian. They both gave me sympathetic glances. I shrugged off the looks and hurried to get a cool washcloth. My boss would be waking up rather soon.

“Shock of her life? Paul what did ye do? Don’t tell me you did the party eyes again? That would scar her for life, for sure!” Keith joked.

I shook my head and placed the washcloth on Sharon’s forehead. She was already starting to come to. I felt a wave of anxiety wash over me. Would Sharon blurt out my secret when she woke up? In a way I hoped not, but in a way I didn’t mind. There was no use in hiding it from the other lads. I wouldn’t be able to hide it for too long, anyway.

“Please tell me I was dreaming…” Sharon murmured as her eyes opened. She glanced at each of the lads before allowing her gaze to land on me. “Hayley, please tell me it was a dream. You’re not…”

My eyes widened in terror as I glanced at Paul and Damian. “I..um…”

“What on earth is going on here? What are you three hiding?” Ryan asked. “Hayley? What’s going on, dear?”

“Hayley just…” Damian started, “Well..”

“ Well, ya see, Hayley thought it would…and Damian and I.., um…” Paul scratched the back of his neck nervously, knowing good and well that he wasn’t making a lick of sense.

“Guys, it’s okay…I’m just going to tell them. “ I looked at each of the lads before allowing my eyes to land on Damian. “I’m pregnant. About a month and a half along. It was confirmed today.” I felts Damian’s arm go around my waist, bringing me closer to him as Paul laid a comforting hand on my shoulder.

“Oh Hayley, I’m so sorry.” Neil’s voice was filled with sympathy. “Does the father know?”

“There isn’t a father, Neil.” Paul replied, rubbing my shoulder. “But Hayley isn’t sorry, so neither should we be. She’s happy about her little one, and we all need to be here for her, to support her.”

I couldn’t help but smile as I listened to Paul’s kind words. “He’s right, I am happy. I know I probably shouldn’t be, but, this baby didn’t ask to be thrown into this mess, just like I didn’t ask to be…placed in this situation. But I’m going to make the most out of this. This baby is a blessing, not a mistake.”

“But what about the tour? Hayley, I’m not trying to sound insensitive in any way, but dear, will you still be able to tour? You’re a big asset to the show, and the chemistry you and Damian have on stage…I’m afraid of losing that.”

“Sharon, you won’t lose Hayley. She can dance with her pregnancy until her seventh month.” Damian explained.

“Yes, I’m not going anywhere. I’m with you guys until the end of the tour, and hopefully next tour if I’m asked back. I can’t imagine myself working for anyone else.”

Sharon smiled. “Well of course you’ll be asked back, sweetheart. But I must say there will be rules. You’re young Hayley, and you need to stay healthy, not only for you but for the baby as well. If you need any help, just know that I’m here.”

“Aye, me as well. Not sure that I would be much of a help when it comes to baby things, but if ye need a good laugh, or a good Guinness, let me know.” Keith spoke up with a lopsided grin.

George punched the blonde singer in the arm. “Keith, she can’t have beer during her pregnancy!” His statement brought a roar of laughter from the others.

“Well I didn’t know! I’ll drink the Guinness then, and she’ll do the talkin’! Happy?”

“Thank you Keith, I appreciate it.”

Keith grinned, wrapping his arms around me in a hug. “Anytime , little sis.”

“I’m here as well.” Neil said, joining in on the hug.

“Me too.” Ryan spoke up, smiling kindly.

“Aye, me too. A young lass can get quite emotional in her pregnancy. When Carrie was pregnant with Sarah, her emotions were so out of whack. You’ll be needing all the support you can get.” George smiled.

I couldn’t stop the tears from coursing down my cheeks, though they weren’t’ of sorrow and fear. The tears were of joy and excitement. It was in that moment I realized that these people were far more than just my co workers and my boss, they were my family. Sure, I was scared as hell, but I just knowing that I wasn’t alone made the fear that much smaller. After all, why should I be afraid when I had the best bunch of brothers a girl could ask for protecting me ?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Subscriptions?
Anything?

Oh, by the way, thanks to our one subscriber! :)