Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Reina's Storm

That evening we all packed our bags to get ready for the plane ride home tomorrow. Being at the shoot all day had actually taken my mind off of the storm and my mom. But now I picked up the phone to call. I got a busy signal right away. Hmmm...that's weird. I tried to call the house phone and the same thing happened. Well, maybe she forgot to pay the bills, I usually am there to remind her. I decided to call the Gomez's next door they would make sure to get in touch with her for me. Another busy signal. What the heck was going on? I was panicking now.

"Um, Reina," said Alex, "you better come see this." He was standing in front of the tv. The news channel was on. It was informing us that the storm had hit way hard than they thought it would. It was supposed to be a level 1 hurricane but it hit at a level 2 and was now a level 3 and no one had been prepared. Tears sprang to my eyes as I watched the images of Miami, my Miami, my home completely flooded. There were cars stuck everywhere with people on top who had tried to get out of the city but were too late. I couldn't take my eyes off of the tv as if somehow I would spot the tiny figure of my mother on the screen letting me know that she was okay. Alex wrapped me in his arms and I immediately fell to pieces. He hugged me tighter and rubbed my back consolingly. "I'm sure your mom is fine. She's going to get to a safe place and find a working phone to call you. That's all, she just has to find a working phone because the lines are down." This made me cry even harder, I wanted to believe it but I didn't.

Soon everyone else had come to see what was going on. "Oh my gosh," cried Dani, "Rey I'm so sorry. I'm sure your mom will be ok. And you guys can come stay with me if you need to." That actually made me smile a little. I doubt Dani's parents would be as open but it was a nice gesture.

"Thank you," I said hugging her.

"Kyle, can you call Sarah and tell her what's going on," asked Alex taking charge.

"Sure thing." When he came back Kyle said, "Sarah says that she'll make some phone calls but she's not really sure what to do. She said she's going to work on it and she'll see us at the goodbye breakfast with the boys in the morning."

I frowned. As much as I enjoyed their company, I was too distraught to do anything other than cry and that included breakfast with the boys. Alex, still holding me tightly, led me over to the bed and helped me get in it. Then he slid in next to me and pulled the covers over both of us. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me into his body. I continued to cry and he let me. He stayed up with me all night rubbing my back, stroking my hair, getting me tissues and water. I kept telling him he didn't have to but he insisted. The clock on the nightstand said 6:00 am before my vision went blurry and I finally fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Credit to Nonnie for the clever title ; - )