Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Settling In

I gathered my bags that I had left by the front door and took them to the room that Pete had showed me. I set the bags down and got a better look at the room than I had before. It had beautiful French doors with antique handles like Pete's. The walls and plush carpet were cream-colored and spotless. There was a large bay window with a window seat on the right side of the room. I walked over to it and looked out at the driveway. I could see Pete's neighbors across the street getting into their black Audi SUV with their children. To the left of the window was a built-in bookcase. There was a door on the wall opposite of the front doors. I walked across the room and opened it to find a large bathroom with double sinks, a whirlpool tub in the center, and a see-through double-headed shower. I exited the bathroom pulling the door closed behind me. To my right, opposite the window was another set of French doors. They opened to a small balcony overlooking the rectangular infinity pool, small round hot tub, and spacious backyard. I had gone in a complete circle around the room and there was only one door left. I turned the knob to a large walk-in closet. The size of the closet was about the same as Pete's and that was bigger than my bedroom back home.

"Reina, where are you," asked a voice. It sounded like Pete and it sounded like he was close but he was no where around. "Reina," it said again. I walked over to the front doors to a white panel mounted on the wall next to the light switch. It was an intercom system with several unlabeled buttons. "Reina?"

Finally, I gave up and yelled, "I'm in the guest room."

I heard Pete laugh as he came down the hallway. "This button is the one for my room," he said pointing, "I'm leaving now but, um, I just wanted you to know that you are welcome to use any car in the driveway. I'm taking the Jag so if you need to you can take the Range Rover." He handed me the key, "You do have a license right?"

"Yes."

"If you do leave meet me back here at 2, ok?"

"Sure. Um...Pete before you go...Do you think we should exchange numbers...you know,, so we can contact each other," I asked timidly.

"Oh yeah I almost forgot about that we were about to have a repeat of yesterday," he laughed. We exchanged cell numbers and with that he left.