Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

In-N-Out Burger to the Rescue

We went to Best Buy where Pete picked out a 52" flat panel plasma tv and dvd player. I had no idea any person would need a tv that large but apparently Pete did. Once again he paid to have it delivered and installed on the same day. About 20 minutes after we arrived back at the house, the furniture and electronics arrived at the same time. I moved into the living room to try and stay out of the way while the men did their jobs. I had just sat down when my cell phone rang. The caller ID said "Alex". "Hi," I answered.

"Hi. Do you wanna grab something to eat?"

"I don't think so. I'd actually rather just stay here."

"Oh," he said sounding disappointed, "Well can I come over?"

"Hold on, let me ask." I went upstairs to find Pete looking around his room. "Uh...Pete, is it ok if Alex comes over tonight?"

"Yeah sure no problem. I'm actually going out if I can ever find my shoes...," he trailed off mumbling to himself as he continued to search.

"Thanks. Alex it's ok," I said heading back to the living room, "But can you wait until like 8? There are guys here moving furniture and drilling stuff, it's kind of a madhouse."

"Sure, I'll come over then. Have you ever had In-N-Out Burger? It's awesome, I'll bring some over. "

"No we don't have those in Miami but you don't have to get me anything I'm not hungry."

"Reina what have you eaten today?"

I thought about lying so he would leave me alone. "Nothing," I finally conceded.

"Reina you have to eat. I'm bringing you In-N-Out Burger." His voice softened, "Rey, when your mom finds you I don't want her to think I didn't take good care of you in her absence."

"Ok," I said weakly as my eyes welled up wit tears.

"I'll see you in a bit," he said.

"Bye."

"Reina I'm leav...what's wrong," asked Pete appearing in the room.

"Nothing," I said trying to dry my eyes, "It's just...my mom..."

Pete sat on the couch and put his arm around me, "The people I have looking for your mom checked in earlier. No luck yet but they're optimistic. They said they've met a lot of people who haven't been able to contact their families because there's no electricity. I'm sure those people are just as worried as you are but their loved ones are ok and your mom is too." Of all the times I had been told that someone was sure my mother was ok, this was the first time I could actually believe it. Pete got up and got me a tissue. "Are you going to be ok by yourself?"

I nodded. "Alex is coming over at 8 after the delivery guys finish."

"Ok, well they should pretty much know what to do, but if they ask you any questions you can't answer call me on my cell ok."

"Ok have fun," I said. He gave me a wink before heading out the door.