Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Pulling A Fast One

Finally around 2 am I called it quits. Ryan offered to escort me upstairs to the room and I agreed.

We rode up the elevator in silence. When the door opened we were greeted by the sight of Angel, Joe, and Pete standing around the living room talking animatedly.

"Hey what's going on," I asked.

"Apparently someone screwed up our reservation and we don't have room," said Joe in a huff.

"I still don't understand what the problem is. Why don't we just call down to the front desk and tell them what happened and get them to give you guys a room," asked Pete confused.

"I told you I already called down there and they're all booked up because of the party everyone is staying here," Angel whined. I found it hard to believe that they would be unable to get a room. If Angel really had called down (which I suspected she hadn't) they would have been very accommodating for one of the world's biggest rock bands. "Pete, can't Joe and I just stay here? It's not like there isn't plenty of space and we're only going to be here a few days?"

"Hey I'll catch up with you later," said Ryan kissing my cheek and excusing himself while we were left to figure out what to do.

"There's only two bedrooms Angel."

"I can sleep on the couch out here," I offered.

"Nonsense," Angel rejected quickly, "Pete, can't Reina just stay with you?"

He looked at me like he was unsure of what to say. "Hold on." He motioned for me to follow him so I did into the kitchen area. "Are you ok with this Reina? I think this is ridiculous but it's 2 am and they just got to Vegas. I'm sure they'd just like to go to bed instead of spending all night trying to figure out where to stay but I'll only say yes if it's ok with you."

"Yes of course it's fine."

I followed him back out. "Ok it's fine you guys can take Reina's room and she'll stay with me."

We went upstairs and I retrieved my bag and the few things I had already taken out of it to move into Pete's room. His room looked almost like mine only it was slightly larger and the bathroom had two sinks instead of one.

"Do you mind if I shower first, I'm scared I might fall asleep if I wait to go after you?"

"Be my guest I wasn't going to anyway. You do know I don't shower right," he asked smirking.

"Eww that's nasty Pete," I said laughing before retreating to the bathroom.

The warm water, the pulse of the shower head, the lavender scent of the body wash, and probably those whiskey sours all combined to make me feel instantly drowsy. I stepped out and lotioned down quickly before putting on my pajamas. I wished I had brought pants instead of shorts and a spaghetti strap tank but it was too late now.

When I walked out Pete was sitting up in bed reading a book. I laughed.

"What?"

"Nothing I just never pictured you the type to read in bed. It's such a...normal middle America thing to do. Very un-rockstar like."

He smiled. "Well I think most of the time I am very un-rockstar like. Besides I hate coming out of the bathroom and the other person is already asleep with the light off and you have to stumble around in the dark. I didn't want to do that you."

I chuckled. "Thank you I appreciate it." I slowly climbed into bed. We were on completely opposite sides and I was practically on the edge. We were so far apart, in fact, that a third body could have fit in between us in the large bed.

"Good night," he said as he cut off the light and we faced opposite directions to go to sleep.