Status: In Progress

Beauty and the Beast

II

I stared at Sam with tears in my eyes. He stared back with an almost sick look on his face.

“I met your mom when I was in high school. We were both 17. To put it simply, we fell in love. She left a year later and moved to Dallas. I had no idea why, but I guess I do now. I...I loved your mother even when she moved. I still do. I would have been there every moment of every day for her. I promise you will be my first priority now, like you would have been if she would’ve told me.”

I opened my mouth to respond but I was cut off by the door opening. A blonde woman stepped into the door way. She couldn’t have been more than 25. She had a slight tan probably from being out in the sun so much Sam’s face almost turned green.

“Hey Sam- Oh, I’m sorry. I’ll just....”

“No, it’s alright. Sookie, this is Dakota, my daughter. Dakota, this is Sookie, one of the waitresses here and one of my good friends.”

“Sam, I didn’t know you had a daughter.”

“Neither did I until about 5 minutes ago.”

“If it helps, I think you’ll make a great dad.”

“Thanks. What did you need?”

“Oh, it’s not important now.” She turned and exited the office.

“She seems nice.” I said.

“She is.” He said with a smile on his face.

“You like her.” I said grinning.

“How do you know that?” He asked grinning back.

“Woman’s intuition.”

“Brat. Well, I should get back out there. You can stay in here, you can go out there. I’m sorry I don’t have anything planned. I wasn’t expecting anyone.”

My stomach growled, stopping me from saying anything.
“You’re probably starving, huh. Well we’ll just have to fix that.”

After I had officially met everyone that worked in the bar, I had mostly stayed in Sam’s-I mean my dad’s office.

I couldn’t believe that she was actually gone. It seemed to soon, but I guess everyone has to go sometime. At least I wasn’t alone.

“You must be exhausted.” My head snapped to the doorway. Sam-my dad stood there. I nodded a couple times. “My trailer’s this way.” He held the door open for me.

We walked outside and around to the back where a blue and white trailer stood. Sam led me up the stairs and into the trailer.

“Sorry it’s not much. I’ve been living alone for a while and this was all I needed. I don’t have a room set up since I don’t have guests often, but you can take my room and I’ll sleep on the couch.”

“Uh, I don’t have anything to sleep in.”

“Right.” I followed him into a room in the back. He pulled a pair of plaid sweats and a green shirt out of a dresser. “You can borrow these until we can get you something. Bathroom’s right next door.” He handed me the clothes and went to leave the room.

“Dad?” He stopped in the doorway and faced me. “Thanks. Thanks for everything.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So there’s chapter 2. I hope y’all like it. Sorry it’s so short but I promise the next chapter will be longer.
Here’s a sneak peek at the next chapter:

He gently cupped my face and leaned down until our noses were almost touching.
“I promise nothing will ever hurt you, cupcake.” I shivered as his cool breath fanned over my face. “Nothing will ever hurt you again.” Tears began to gather in my eyes. I don’t know if I should believe him or not.