‹ Prequel: Someone To Save Me

You Can Fight Fate, You Just End Up Losing

Love is in the air.

My husband is hot as hell, all decked out in his gear, the jersey with his name and number that his father also wore makes me so very proud. I’ve kept my seats at the glass just to the right of the players bench. It’s the first game back since our honeymoon, luckily we had a few days off between games - just long enough to have a mini vacation, and I had missed it. I know Tanner did too.

“Well, Mrs. Letang” my friend Emma said with a smile, “How was the honeymoon?”

“Short, but perfect” I sighed as they took a commercial break to scrape the loose ice. Tanner skated towards me making a face through the glass, I smiled blowing him a kiss.

“Hey there Penguins Fans” I heard over the speakers, “We’d like to offer a congratulations” Oh dear God! “To our very own Tanner Letang and Addison Crosby Letang on their marriage!” The Crowd applauded as the camera men zoomed in on us. I smiled, shaking my head. Tanner gave me a wink before turning towards the team as the whooped and hollered banging their sticks on the boards and ice.

“This is embarrassing” I muttered.

“Then why are you smiling?”

“Oh I don’t know Em. Probably because I’m married to a super hot boy I’ve known my whole life” I said as the game started back up.

“Yea, that’s a good reason” she sighed.

“What’s wrong Emma?”

“I’m a little jealous, you and Tanner are beyond perfect for one another, Trey and I don’t seem to have a connection anymore, he‘s been distant” she said in a sad tone.

“You guys will work it out Ems. You’re just as perfect as Tanner and I. It will work out” I said giving her hand a squeeze. “Now let’s just enjoy watching our hot men play some hockey.”

“Ok” she smiled as Trey skated by just missing a hit from the other team.

We went out to celebrate after the win, Trey was by Emma’s side but did seem a little off. He sat by her, his knee bobbing up and down nervously until over an hour into the night when he finally stood up and turned to look at Emma.

“Damn it I can’t hold it in any longer!” he shouted startling all of us. “It’s been complete torture the past month hiding this from you Ems. So fuck it I’m done keeping this from you.”

“What are you talking about?” she asked looking up at him, a terrified expression on her face. “If you’re breaking up with me I wish you would have waited until our friends were gone” she looked like she was about to cry. “That has to be the only explanation for how distant you’ve been lately. I get it, I’m just the girl you were with before you got drafted, I’m not good enough for you anymore. It just sucks, because I love you so much.”

“Emma-Leigh Ann Masters, shut up! I love you! I love that you’ve been there through it all. Damn it Emma, put me out of my misery and marry me!”

“What?” she gasped.

“Marry me” he said in a softer tone getting down on one knee. He pulled out a ring box, opening it to reveal a simple solitaire diamond ring that was perfect for her.

“Oh my, yes. Yes, Trey I love you so much” she said pulling him to her.

“Oh, thank God!” he smiled, kissing her before sliding the ring on her left hand. “I can finally breathe!”

“Addie!” Emma said holding out her hand to show me the ring.

“I told you it would work out” I said blowing her a kiss. “Did you know about this Tanner Luc Letang?”

“Maybe Addison Grace Crosby Letang. Damn that’s a long name” he said kissing me lightly. “I love you my wife.”

“I love you too husband” I said with a smile. “Can you believe we’ve been married a month already?”

“No I can’t” he replied taking a sip of his drink. “I’m going to take you on a proper honeymoon once the season is over.”

“I liked our mini one though. But I’m not opposed to a second honeymoon.”

“I liked it too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so just a little bit of filler to get to the next part of the story.

comments please, what do you want to see before I bring Tanner and Addison's story to a close?