‹ Prequel: Someone To Save Me

You Can Fight Fate, You Just End Up Losing

Wedding Bells.

My Dearest Tanner.
I can’t believe this is it, this is the day I’ve been waiting for. My entire life I have loved you, and it’s only just beginning. You are my heart, and soul. I feel complete when I’m near you, your smile warms me to the core, and every look you send my way I feel completely content. I’m happy in your arms. I want for nothing as long as you’re there. I love you Tan. I can’t wait to be your wife, and start a family with you.
With all my love, Your Addison.

My Addison.
You are my light, my strength. You are what has been missing in my life. I always thought that hockey was all I needed in life, but you have proven me wrong time and time again. You Addie, you are all I need in my life. Everything else could be gone tomorrow and as long as I have you everything would be alright. You are my everything. I can’t wait to grow old with you, to raise a family. I love you with all of my being. I know you’re going to look unbelievably gorgeous as you walk down the aisle towards me. You always do. See you soon my love.
Tanner.

Those are the letters Tanner and I wrote to one another the morning of our wedding. I cried writing mine and again when I read the one from him. Sitting in the car on the way to the church with my parents on either side of me I’m antsy. I can’t wait to see him standing in his grey suit, waiting for me at the altar. My legs are bouncing uncontrollably as we get closer, I almost wish I would have ran to the church instead.

“Nervous Peanut?”

“No daddy. I can’t wait” I said smiling at him. “I’ve loved him my entire life, I can’t wait to be able to start the rest of it with him by my side.”

“Our little girl is all grown up Sidney.”

“Yes, she is. And she’s as gorgeous as her mother was on our wedding day” he replied handing my mom a handkerchief. “I love you both so much.”

“Love you too daddy. Now can we get to the church already?”

“You’ve waited 25 years Addison I think you can manage to wait a few more minutes.”

“25 years mom” I sighed.

“We’ll be there soon Peanut” dad said squeezing my hand lightly.

TANNER

“Can we get started yet?” I asked my best man, Mike.

“Geeze man, relax. You’ll be married soon enough.”

“I just want it to start. I want to see Addie.”

“Give it a few more minutes” he said slapping my back. “Man there are a ton of hockey legends here, not that you’re not used to it having grown up with them as uncles. Lucky bastard.”

“I’ll be lucky once the wedding is over and she’s officially my wife.”

“Good thing I just got the signal that she’s here then” he said making me smile. “Let’s get this show on the road man.”

We walked past where I knew she was waiting, and honestly I tried to peek to see her. Too bad her dad was standing at the door giving me a ‘don’t you dare’ kind of look. I gave him a smile and continued up the aisle to wait by the priest. I took a deep breath as Mike patted me on the shoulder in a display of support. It felt like hours for the rest of the bridal party to make their way down the aisle before the music changed and the heavy doors in the back opened up spilling in a beam of light that glowed around Addie and Uncle Sid. They took the first few steps towards me and I could finally really see her. She took my breath away, her hair was up showing off her neck and shoulders, her dress flowed effortlessly around her hips, the top fit her perfectly, and the veil added a glow around her that made my heart skip a beat or two. By the time she got half way down the aisle her eyes locked with mine and didn’t leave until she turned to give her dad a kiss on the cheek.

“Hey” she said in a whisper.

“Hi Addie” I replied smiling at her. She’s so beautiful. I hope the priest doesn’t decide to take forever getting to the good part, when we’re married and I get to kiss her. I want to kiss her now, but no I can’t do that for some reason. I want to kiss my girl. Now!

ADDISON

There are so many people here, I could have gone without them all I just need Tanner. His face, once I got close enough to see him fully, brought me to the edge of tears. His eyes were so full of love and admiration. I love him more than anything else in the world. He’s the other half of my soul.

I stood impatiently waiting for the priest to pronounce us husband and wife, when it finally came time I had the biggest smile on my face. Tanner pulled me into his arms, pulling my face to his before melding our lips together. He pulled back resting his forehead against mine with a smile.

“I love you Adds.”

“Love you Tans” I said before he kissed me again, throwing one fist up in victory making our family and friends laugh. “I hope they got a picture of that” I added with a laugh.

The reception was beautiful, mom and Aunt Janie (well mom now I guess) truly out did themselves when they made my dream come to life. The ballroom was decorated in all shades of blue with hints of silver and white, paper lanterns filled the ceiling creating an illusion of being outdoors, along with River Birch trees and hydrangeas filling every corner making the room feel cozy, like a country garden. Daddy and I had our dance, then I danced with Uncle Tangs while Tanner swept his mom and mine off their feet. He knew to not smash the cake in my face, and I covered his with the light and fluffy vanilla and almond cake. We danced and drank after our huge meal until the early morning hours.

My feet were dead tired by the time we got into the waiting car and headed to the hotel, Tanner led me to the elevator, both of us still in our formal attire, as the random people in the lobby stared. I looked up at him as the elevator ascended, my Tanner.

“Well Mrs. Letang” he smiled. “You’re stuck with me now.”

“I’m not stuck” I whispered.

“Yes you are.”

“Tanner, I love you, you’re going to have a hard time getting rid of me” I replied as his arms wrapped around me.

“Can I get that in writing?” he joked. “I love you too Adds.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm a slacker, I know. I have no excuse besides that I just hadn't felt like writing this story lately. It's probably going to come to an end in another couple of chapters. It's time to move on from the Tanner Addison story.

Sorry again for the delay in posting.

Please comment.