‹ Prequel: Someone To Save Me

You Can Fight Fate, You Just End Up Losing

No limit.

“I’m glad you’re feeling better Addie” he said pulling me to his side in our hotel bed. “I hate when you’re sick Addison.”

“I know, I don’t like being sick either Tanner” I replied, resting my chin on his shoulder. “I hate when you’re sick too.”

“My beautiful wife. You always look so beautiful Adds” he said softly tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. “I can’t wait to get home and just relax for a couple of days with you.”

“That will be great Tans” I whispered as I kissed his collar.

“Addie” he mumbled running a hand up my back, bunching up the shirt I wore to bed. “Babe, we have to go catch the plane to the next game.”

“What, can I not kiss my husband?”

“Yes you can, just not there, not when we have to go. There isn’t enough time.”

“Maybe I like getting you all hot and bothered Tans” I replied kissing him again, letting my lips linger near his Adams apple. I laid there in his arms teasing him for a few minutes, enjoying the quiet moments I share with him before we have to get out of bed. Out of no where I felt cold, and began to sweat, shivering against my inferno of a husband.

“Adds, are you alright?” he asked worried. I shook my head, as he pulled the blankets up around me. “Baby, I’m starting to worry here.”

“I am too” I mumbled as my eyes started to water. “Tanner, I don’t know what to do.”

“We’re going to get you a to a doctors as soon as we can. You don’t have a fever, but you look like you’re going to be sick again. Are you still cold?”

“Not as much no.”

“How about you take a hot bath, I’ll get us all packed up and ready to go.”

“Sounds good” I mumbled trying to sit up.

“Lay back down! Jesus Addie, take it easy!”

“Tanner, calm down.”

“I’ll run the bath, then I’m going to call our doctor back home and get an appointment for the second we get off the plane.”

“You’re being overprotective Tanner. I can run my own bath” I said sitting up giving him a stern look.

“No if I was being overprotective I’d send you home right now!”

“Tanner Luc Letang! I’m your wife not your child! I will not have you treating me like a kid! And as the owner of this team I will decided if I am staying or not!”

“Yea, Addison, throw that in my face! You are the owner, but damn it I am your husband! I promised to take care of you! If that means packing you up to go home so you can see a doctor I will! I want you to be happy, and healthy.” Our eyes locked and for a moment I saw the fear in his eyes.

“I am happy” I said in a softer tone. “Tanner I love you and I know you want to take care of me but you need to listen to me. I can’t just pack up and go home, I have a responsibility to the team.”

“You have a bigger responsibility to your health though Addie.”

“I know” I sighed. “Tan, I hate fighting with you.”

“I hate it too. I’m just worried baby.”

“I know.”

“I love you too much Adds” he said sitting next to me again.

“No such thing as loving someone too much. There can never be too much love” I said wrapping my arms around my husbands waist. “There’s no limit to love.”

“That’s good to know. Sometimes, when you have to stay home and we’re gone for a week or more I feel like I don’t get to show you that I love you enough Addison.”

“Tanner, don’t think that ever.”

“I can’t help it. I wasted so much time telling myself that we would never be more than friends, that I had to let you live your life without me, but now that I have you all to myself I don’t want to waste it.”

“You’re not going to waste it. You always made me feel loved, Tan, you’ve always been there for me.”

“I’m sorry if I sounds possessive, I just want to take care of you.”

“I know baby” I whispered kissing him lightly before walking to the bathroom. I started the water pouring in the bath salts and bubbles before stripping out of my clothes and sinking into the water. I let it warm me completely as I tried to relax in the luxurious waters.

“Got you an appointment for the 20th at 5” Tanner said after about 15minutes. “We can go after we land back home.”

“The 20th, what’s today?”

“The 18th. Why?”

“I just seem to have lost track of time is all” I mumbled, trying to remember what I have forgotten, something should be happening soon. “Oh well, I should get out soon. We have to be downstairs and on the bus to the airport soon right?”

“Yea, you have a little time, 45minutes.”

“Can you hand me a towel please?”

“Feeling any better?”

“A little, I’ll be wearing a sweater though. Still a little chilly” I replied wrapping the towel around my body.

“I’m going to shower real quick, then maybe we should get breakfast” he suggested giving me a quick kiss.

“Sounds good Tans.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?