All I Wanted Was You

The Sleepover

I looked over at Alice and smiled, “I’ll be right back. I’m going to grab my pjs and some clothes for tomorrow” I said as I opened the door. I quickly ran into the house and put some clothes in my duffel bag. I grabbed my toothbrush and hair brush and a few other things and stuffed them into the bag. I ran downstairs while shouting bye to dad. I ran and slid over the hood of Alice’s car and got in the car. She laughed at me and we drove back to her house. The drive was a quick one. Alice and I walked into the house hand in hand. Alice turned and looked up at me, “Ember I’m going to go hunting with Jasper and Kelly. It is very difficult not to drink your blood when I haven’t fed. Make yourself at home in my room and I’ll be back soon my love” she said as she kissed my cheek. I nodded and walked into the house. I waved to Carlisle and Esme. “Are you hungry dear? I can make you anything you want to eat” Esme said as she walked over to hug me. I shook my head no and mutter a no thank you. I said good night and walked upstairs to Alice’s room. I changed into my pjs and did my nightly routine. I stretched a bit and climbed into bed. Before I knew it was I was fast asleep. I started having a bad dream about Alice dying. I was screaming and I felt two cold hands on my arms shaking me. “Ember baby wake up it’s just a dream. I’m here, shh its ok” Alice cooed into my ear as she pulled me into her lap and held me. I woke up and started crying. Alice rocked me in her arms and I fell asleep again. She kissed my forehead and held me all night. Around 2 in the morning I woke up. I noticed Alice wasn’t in bed with me. I sat up and looked around. I decided to get up and go to the bathroom. When I came back Alice was sitting in bed waiting for me. “I knew you were going to get up and you were going to ask for a glass of water so here you go Ember” Alice said while looking at me with a grin on her face. I giggled a bit and climbed in bed with her. I took the glass and took a sip. I muttered a thank you and laid back down. Alice waited until I was comfortable to wrap her arms around me. I laid my head on her chest and she played with my hair. I fell asleep almost instantly. I snuggled into Alice and held onto her tightly. She draped a blanket over her chest so I wouldn’t freeze. I didn’t mind the cold; in fact I love the cold. That’s one of the reasons why I hated Arizona and Florida. Both places are always hot and it never snows. I woke up and stretched. I noticed that I had to be at school in two hours. I kissed Alice’s forehead and snuggled up to her again.