Status: Fin.

My Life as a Navy Wife

The long awaited return

I cannot believe my eyes. I stand still, in complete and utter shock as the tall, dark haired man walks towards me. My body shakes and my eyes threaten to let forth a flood of tears as time seems to stand still, every second seems like an hour as he takes step after step towards my rigid frame. He opens his arms and my body seems to leap forward without my command and bury itself in his embrace, trying to meld the two of us together as one form. My eyes keep their promise and I sob in his arms, the shoulder of his uniform getting soaked through. His hands rub my back as I continue to sob. I look up at him through my watery eyes and place kiss after kiss onto every inch of his face.

Ten years of waiting, ten years of surviving on my own, ten whole years without a single hug, relying purely on the video calls with quite bad connection to communicate with him, ten years of pent up emotion broke through in that one embrace.

I am a Navy Wife, my husband served the entire 10 years of World War III. He had only just gotten back from his mandatory 3 year service after joining the Navy when the war started and he was called out. This moment of pure emotion reminds me of the very beginning of all of this, the day he arrived at my house unannounced when we were only 18.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the beginning and the ending...all in one :)