Broken but Living

#1

Sky watched as Matt and his presumed girlfriend walked into the living room. There was no doubt that she was completely beautiful. Her hair was big, slightly back-combed and teased and her eyes were a huge green colour. Her body was also to die for. Sky rolled her eyes and crossed over her legs, slumping back into the chair and exhaling deeply.

“Well, that went well.” Brian smirked as he walked into the room and sat on the seat closest to his fiancé. He analysed her face, his smirk dropping into a straight line, “What's wrong baby?”

She looked as if she were in deep thought, snapping out of it when he touched her knee slightly with his palm, “Nothing. It- It's just a little weird you know?”

For some reason, Brian feared the worse. He hoped to God that the memories wouldn't come flooding back to her again. A couple of months ago she had been going through an awful stage of screaming and crying, throwing punches in her sleep. The first couple of times Brian couldn't figure out what she was mumbling and flinching about, but as it happened more frequently he could hear what she was saying far more clearly and it broke his heart. At first she screamed about Matt, cussing at him and throwing her arms about, but then it turned into worse, she begged and cried for 'them' to stop – He didn't need to ask who 'them' were. When he confronted her about it, she had no idea it was even happening and she became scared too sleep. He found a solution to stop the night-terrors, he would pull her close to his chest, play with the tips of her hair, and when she began screaming he would pull her closer and hum to her quietly, causing her to instantly fall back into a peaceful sleep. Sky still didn't know he does it, but what she doesn't know wont hurt her.

“Do you want to go?” He asked her quietly, looking straight into her eyes.

She quickly shook her head, “No, no. It's fine.”

It was fine, she wasn't sad. Just pissed off. Any real man would be doing anything for her forgiveness. A real man would feel nothing but guilt until he made up for the God awful things he had done to her. But of course, Matt Sanders was not a man, he was in-fact a coward. Brian, on the other hand had made her life beautiful. He had done awful things in the past, but Sky had forgotten that and focused on the man he was now, the man she fell in love with. The man who makes her feel like a princess.

Sky had been too deep in thought to realise that Bonnie was now sat playing with her shoe laces, and Zacky had turned his attention to the TV, looking down at her every so often. Sky reached down and placed her into her lap, and she stared down at her with a smile. The baby looked up at her with huge green eyes before placing a small hand onto Sky's stomach and pressing her ear against it. Sky watched as she poked and prodded at her stomach, she had obviously seen somebody else do it to learn it.

“Bonnie, can you say Jim?” Jimmy skipped into the room interrupting the little girls fun, “J-I-M.”

She turned her head up to Jimmy and reached her arms out for him, a huge grin appearing on both of their faces.

“Gwim!” She boomed clapping her hands together.

Jimmy congratulated her before turning and smirking down at Zacky, “Your baby loves me more than you.”

Zacky switched the TV off before turning back to Jimmy and rolling his eyes, “She loves her daddy.”

“She loves her Jimmy more.”

“Nope.”

“Yep.”

Sky moved herself up from the seat chuckling to herself before making her way outside. Zoe, Johnny and Brian were sat smoking on the patio area while Matt and his girl sat at the table eating some food. Music was playing outside from the plasma TV that sat on the wall.

“Hey you.” Zoe smiled as she watched her best friend sit next to Brian, “Is Bonnie okay?”

“She's in the middle of uncle Jim and daddy having another argument over the whole 'first word' thing.” Sky exclaimed, “Poor thing.”

Zoe sighed and rolled her eyes, “For fuck sake that poor little girl. They're gunna get, it you wait.”

Brian chuckled slightly before taking a drag of his Marlboro and exhaling deeply. Sky loved to watch him smoke, she said it was peaceful and relaxing, but secretly she wanted to try a drag. He would never let her, she didn't even bother to ask.

“Guys, when's the wedding?” Johnny finally asked after a moments silence.

“Five weeks, today ” Zoe replied right away, “Dress?”

“Coming in three days.”

“Cake?”

“Paid for.” Sky nodded.

“Brilliant!” Zoe smiled.

Brian just smiled as he tapped out his cigarette in the ash tray, he wasn't done with it but he just didn't want any more smoke blowing in Sky's face, he'd had another one later anyway, “Zo' you know more about my own wedding than I do.”

She rolled her eyes, “I'm her best friend, I'm meant to know more than her let alone you Gates.”

Brian scoffed, “Why don't you marry her then?”

“I would if I could.” Zoe shrugged, “I don't think Zacky would let me.”

They all sat and spoke for a while until Jimmy and Zacky came outside and joined Matt for a couple of drinks. Sky couldn't stop herself from taking small glances over at Matt, for some reason she wanted to watch his every move around his 'girlfriend'. She wondered if this girl knew about his past, she wondered if she knew anything about him at all. The truth about him anyway.

“Hey, guys come over here!” Johnny beckoned them over and moved his chair out of the way so that more people could squeeze in. Sky shuffled her chair closer to Brian to allow Johnny to move up. They all sat in a circle with Bonnie in the middle playing with her new toys and Jimmy teasing her with a long stick that had some rattles on the end of it. It was pretty amusing to watch. Sky didn't look at Matt this time. She made herself not seem interested. She didn't want him too get the wrong message.

“Oh, by the way, Brian, Sky this is Winter.” Zoe interrupted gesturing to the girl underneath Shadows arm, she shot them both a shy smile and a small wave. Brian smiled and nodded at her, Sky just copied shooting Zoe a look afterwards.

Zoe nodded and turned her attention elsewhere, Sky knew that the nod meant that they were together. That really annoyed Sky. She bet that poor girl knew nothing about the man he really was, she knew nothing about his attacks and his brutal killings, she didn't know he killed his best-friends girlfriend like she was nothing. Sky's breathing started to jerk, she made herself stop thinking about it or she was bound to have a panic attack.

Matt spoke up for the first time, although it was nothing relevant, Sky couldn't help but think he spoke up because Brian had noticed the concern on her, meaning that she was obviously thinking about Matt, meaning that she was sad again and Matt would feel Brian's wrath later on for making her feel un-comfortable.

Whenever Brian would mention Sky, Matt would just nod or reply with one word answers. He hadn't lost contact with any of his friends, he's to close to them, he saw them nearly everyday. But Sky always made excuses not to be around when Matt was, she never really told Brian why. She had only agreed to come today because of Zoe and Bonnie.

Sky looked up and for a split second accidentally caught Matt's eyes. His gorgeous hazel eyes widened slightly, but they didn't move away. The bore right into her. She blinked once and feeling her heart in her ears, looked down. His eyes were actually full of sadness, like they were begging her for her forgiveness. But how was she suppose to talk to this man? How was she suppose to forgive him? He was a monster, nothing more, nothing less.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I'm finding Zacky being 'Daddy' adorable and I'm sorry if I write about it too much but I really love it.

Let me know what you think about this story so far, I bet you can kind of all tell where it's going. Comment and tell me what you think will happen, It's nice reading something that you guys have put effort it.

Try not to judge it much just yet, I'm trying my best and I would only like nice comments to keep me motivated haha - I have no confidence guys.

:3