Status: 50,239 words || Completed.

Pretty, Ugly Girl

Take Thirteen

Casey was seven months pregnant but barely even looked four months. She was, indeed, living in James' room with him much to Abi's disgust. Though it wasn't hard for Abi to be disgusted over something because she was disgusted over a lot of things because she was just that type of person.

No one really gave any attention to Casey because she was pregnant so she felt like she wasn't even pregnant except for the times when her and James went to the scans. Though, unknown to her, James only went because he felt that he was obliged to go, whether or not he wanted to go didn't matter. And most of the time, he didn't want to go because he felt that it was a waste of time because all they were seeing was a blob on the screen that he thought was ugly. Also every time an arm or a leg of the baby was pointed out, it seemed like he was the only one who couldn't see anything other than a blob.

Unfortunately for Casey, James was her birthing partner as well for the simple fact he was the father and it was normal for the father, if involved, to be the birthing partner. And it was also due to the fact that she didn't want to give birth alone and he was the only person who would even consider doing it. Not many people liked her and she had a lot less friends then Abi did which proved that Casey isn't someone that most people liked.

She didn't have a nice reputation around the town and neither was she spoken highly of by her family. In fact they were the ones who thought the worst of her, especially now that she's pregnant. Her mother had even gone out of her way to find James on Facebook (something that he was still puzzled about) and told him that he shouldn't trust her one hundred percent with her saying he was the father.

Despite the fact that James already knew that she could be lying, it still surprised him with the fact that her mother warned him about her. Normally mothers stood up for their children, especially daughters but it seemed that maybe Casey had gone a bit too far to have that protection and guard from her mother.

She told him that she did want to see her grandchild, yes, but she knew that Casey wouldn't allow them so they weren't going to push it, and if needs be, they'd disown her as their daughter. And as much as James tried to care, he just didn't care. He didn't have his mother around but if he did he wouldn't want to break their relationship in any way nor have her ever debate about disowning him. For Casey to blatantly be that bad and not even give a damn about it made him not care about it with her. He just didn't say anything so she never either.

Casey constantly got bored just sitting around in James' room and either watching the television or just laying in bed and doing nothing. There wasn't anything for her to really do because she knew that most of the family didn't like her, Jade more so then anyone else. If she was honest with herself, Jade scared the shit out of her which was why she always tried to avoid being alone in the same room as her. Jade seemed very hostile towards her and Casey was just a wimp who could barely stand her own.

Abi... well, Casey thought she was much older than fifteen and that she was a good for nothing waste. Though she never said that because Abi intimidated her incredibly. Also for the fact that she assumed that if she said something like that someone would probably hit her in the family. Jade was the one she thought that would hit her most likely but there was the thought that Abi herself would smack her one.

Though it was true, in a way, that Abi was indeed a good for nothing waste. She wasn't going to school so she wasn't going to be getting any qualifications that people needed for jobs and she most certainly wouldn't be going to college come September, let alone be looking for a job either. But Abi was okay with that and it didn't bother her as much as people thought it should do. It wasn't like she'd be losing sleep over it so she wasn't bothered.

Casey let out a sigh from where she was laying on the bed. James was sat at his desk doing something or rather that she hadn't been paying attention to when he told her. He rarely did tell her anything about what he was doing because it wasn't like he shared a lot with her and neither did she with him. It didn't bother either of them so they both didn't see the problem in keeping things to themselves that the other didn't know. Especially as the relationship that they were in wasn't one that most people think will last. James doesn't think that either but he's not one that would walk away from his child even though there's a thoughts that it might not be his child.

He was going to do a paternity test when it's born anyway, to see whether or not the kid is his. If it's not then he probably won't be staying with Casey which not only would please him but also Jade too. Though Casey's parents would be crestfallen if the child isn't his because her mother liked him and trusted that he would be the one that would do right by the child whereas Casey wouldn't. Anyone who saw her would know that there is no way she'd put the child before herself. She was far too selfish to do such a thing.

“I'm bored James,” Casey whined which disturbed James from his work. The annoying thing about having her live in the room with him was the fact that she was always bored and always telling him like she thought he would be bothered about it or that he would stop what he was doing just to entertain her. He wouldn't stop what he was doing for her, not even just to shut her up like he wanted her to do.

“So?” he muttered, not even looking up from his work. This made Casey just sigh again.

The fact that she was just living in his room and not really the house made it that much worse for her boredom. James had let her stay there and live in his room with her but that only meant she was free to do what she wanted (as long as it didn't bother him) in the room. She couldn’t go to the kitchen and help herself nor could she just wander the halls and end up in the sitting room like James often did. She had dinner with them every night for the simple fact that she was James' guest and Mel didn't think she could live with herself if she didn't feed Casey now that she's pregnant and something happened to the baby.

“Can we go and do something?” she asked, a pleading tone creeping into her voice. It wasn't effective for James; it just annoyed him more.

“No, we can't Casey. I'm busy in case your simple mind cannot understand that. Unlike you, I work and get paid money. Money that I have to put away for the kid we have coming all because you fucking lied and said that you took the morning after pill when you didn't. It was like you wanted to become pregnant which is such a fucked up idea because anyone with eyes can realise that you're no good for a mother because you're so fucking selfish!” James exploded from the sheer fact that she just wasn't shutting up. And for god's sake, he wanted her to be quiet.

Her voice annoyed him, her attitude annoyed him, the way she moaned annoyed him, hell even the way she just laid on her back with her legs spread during sex annoyed him. If he could go back in time and choose not to have sex with her, he would do that without a doubt. He didn't even know why he started going out with her in the first place. It wasn't for her looks because she wasn't beautiful or anything and it certainly wasn't for her personality because James had seen a brick wall with a better personality than she could ever possibly possess.

After James' little outburst, Casey just sat on the bed looking miserable. It wouldn't affect James' mood – if anything it would make it worse – but she knew that anyway so she didn't have it for that reason. She had it because that was exactly how she felt: miserable. There wasn't anything for her to do, she was pregnant with a kid she didn't want and she was in a house where most of the family hates her. Not to mention the fact that she only reason she was in that house in the first place was because she was kicked out by her parents. So in all, since being pregnant her life has just become completely shit.

It was shit before, if she was being honest with herself, though she had more freedom and she could basically just go out at any time of day (or night) and get someone who wouldn't care about how good she was at sex just so long as they could get laid without strings attached.

Feeling a weight on her bladder, Casey got up and left the room on course for the bathroom. She found it and used it as quickly as she could before washing her hands and standing by the sink, staring at herself in the mirror. She knew she wasn't pretty but that never got her down too badly because there had always been someone around who wanted to go out with her which was a lot better than what most girls had. Some that were quite ugly (in Casey's opinion) could barely manage to get one guy let alone another guy who was decent looking after the first guy leaves. She knew that James was a decent looking guy because he could easily get a girlfriend because he knew a lot of people which meant that he knew a lot of girls and many girls wanted a boyfriend and to get out of the town they were living in.

Nearly every teenager wanted to do that because they thought the town was shit and had nothing for them to do in it, plus the fact that they wanted varied work and work in the town wasn't really varied. Nor was it a lot but most people liked not thinking about that. They liked having at least one false positivity about the town that they lived in.

Washing her face with cold water, Casey then dried her face off with the towel that was hanging over the radiator. Avoiding looking at the mirror again, she made her way out of the bathroom and down the hall at a fast pace. She knew that James wouldn't have even noticed her leaving the room so he wouldn't even notice her enter the room again. And she was right.

Sitting on the bed again, she let out an inaudible sigh before looking down at her stomach. She didn't want the thing in her stomach. It was a mistake on her behalf and she was going to abort it once she found out but kept putting it off because she kept wandering what James would do when he found out. Casey then found out that James wanted to dump her because he just didn't like her nor did he think they were going to be going anywhere in the relationship. For that reason, mostly, she decided that she had to tell him and that she was going to be keeping it.

Never once did she mention to him that she was going to abort it before then nor did she tell him that she didn't want the kid. She kept her mouth shut and pretended that she wanted the kid and that she hadn't taken her morning after pill to make sure they had the kid. It was true, she didn't take her morning after pill but it wasn't because she wanted the kid. It was more for the fact that she just forgot to take it.

Something that is so easy to do and that a lot of girls did some days. But one little mistake like that would land them with a problem like she had. And that problem was the kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this story is just under halfway done. I can't really remember the amount of chapters this has - I lost count after chapter twenty nine.