Happy Birthday to Me

Bored, Bored...Bored

MARISSA

After I ran off the boardwalk I dropped the skateboard to the ground and skated in the direction of the hotel.

I was almost stopped by the bellman at the hotel's front entrance, but I managed to duck him, went straight to the elevator bank, and skated straight into an open elevator. The doors slid closed, but the carriage didn't rise. It eventually dawned on me I had to press a number to go up. "Which floor, which floor, which floor is it?" I asked myself as I scanned the buttons and decided to go to the top floor in the end.

Once the elevator doors opened to the top floor I walked into the hallway and up to the door of the room the band had rented. It wasn't until that moment I realized I needed a key for the door and I didn't have one.

"Damnit!" I shouted as I kicked the door before I slid down to the ground against the wall opposite of the door. There was nothing else to do but wait for the band to show up and that could still be hours from now.

I ran my fingers though my hair to find it was still a little damp and smelled heavily of alcohol as did my shirt, back, and chest. I was so pissed at those girls and wanted to do nothing more than fight fire with fire, but the last thing I need right now is to get arrested for fighting back. Being that I'm 18 now I've got to pick my battles and what I fight for. It sucks, but that's life.

I found a knot in the wood of the door in front of me and began to space out while I stared at it. I thought about how bad ass I would have looked if I really had kicked those girls' butts.

**********

About two hours had passed and there had been no action in the hallway since I arrived. But with a ding of the elevator arriving and the doors sliding open, I knew that was about to change.

"Don't worry man, we'll find her." a guy that sounded a lot like Ray said.

"It's good that she's gone. She was a crazed fan anyways. We don't need someone like her mooching off of us."

Yup. That was defiantly Gerard.

I looked up to see all five guys coming down the hallway toward me.

"Look up there." Bob said as he pointed straight at me.

"Marissa!" Frank shouted as he ran up to me and tackled me into a hug, "We looked for you everywhere after the show but we couldn't find you!"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I've been here for a while." I replied.

Mikey walked up to me, but stopped short and covered his nose, "Uggh, why do you reek?" he questioned.

I slightly rolled my eyes. He could have put that a little nicer. "After Gerard called me a stalker, some of your fans threw their drinks on me." I explained.

Ray sighed, "I knew I should have stopped him from saying all that."

I shook my head, "Don't worry about it." 'It takes a lot to piss me off.' I thought-added.

"Okay." Frank said happily as he stood up and reached out his hand to me to help me up.

With one hand, I took Frank's hand and with the other I picked up the skateboard.

"Uhh Marissa, where'd you get that skateboard?" Frank questioned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gerard really likes to call Marissa a 'crazed fan.' *sigh*

Comment?