Happy Birthday to Me

Muscle Beach

MARISSA

I found Muscle Beach in no time flat after I hung up with Conner. It was actually a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be. It had a bunch of different work-out equipment items placed inside an octagon-like shape that was fenced off by this giant blue fence thing. Inside the octagon, the entire area was covered with that astro-turf stuff, y'know, like that soft ground they put under playgrounds in the park so if a kid falls they don't get hurt. Even though the same idea went into planning how MB was going to be built, I'm sure the soft ground was there for when the body builders dropped the heavy weights to the ground they didn't crack the weights or the ground beneath them after getting slammed dozens of times.

There were several gorgeous guys working out inside the fenced off area and around the outside of the blue fence many people men, women and children were watching them as they lifted around the heavy weights with ease. It was easy to tell who was showing off and who was just working out. The guys who were working out didn't smile to the crowd every time they lifted a weight above their head or at least their chest and they wore just a regular pair of work-out shorts. They had ripped muscles, but they weren't like in a gross sort of way. The guys who were showing off had that body butter stuff on to make their entire bodies shine in the light like Edward did when the sun came out. They were ripped beyond belief in a way that almost made you want to turn away and lastly, the item that did make you look away was the article of clothing they decided to 'show off.' Nothing but a very small speedo. Yuck!

I kept my eyes off of the showing off meat heads and watched the few guys who were just working out. One of them even winked at me! It sort of made my heart melt...until I realized it was the girl next to me he had actually winked at when he finished and came over to give her a big hug. ...Yeah, that was kind of awkward.

I realized at one point I had been staring off into space for God knows how long and when I took in my surroundings, I realized the sun had completely set, it was getting dark, and the street lights had been turned on. If that wasn't enough, I was the only person still standing around watching, but there were still a handful of meat heads showing off. Errr, can it get any more awkward?

'I guess I can go back to the pier and find something to do there.' I thought to myself before I began to walk back the way I had come.

"What's the matter baby? You don't like the way I work out?" one of the meat heads called after me.

I decided it was probably best to just ignore him and keep walking so that's what I did.

I heard loud, fast footsteps behind me and I just figured it was someone trying to get somewhere so I side-stepped to let them past. But whoever this person was, they grabbed me by the wrist and spun me around to face them. "Hey bitch, I'm talking to you!" the same voice from before said as I saw this guy was now towering over me. I knew I didn't want to, but my eyes trailed down to see if he was wearing one of those speedo things, but I mentally heaved a sigh of relief when I realized he had slid on a pair of track pants over it. Oh thank God.

I pulled out of the man's grasp and said, "It's late and I've got to go." No more and no less because he didn't really need a life story and he shouldn't have gotten an explanation in the first place. With that said, I turn away from him and kept walking.

The next thing I knew, he caught up to me again before he tripped me and I started to fall, but to stop me from falling to the ground he caught me by my hair and pulled it tight. I couldn't help but let out a wicked loud scream because it had hurt like hell. My eyes wildly looked around for anyone to come help me, but there was no one and the surrounding beach was empty. 'What the hell? It's a freakin' beach! There should be people everywhere!' my inner thoughts screamed.

The guy pulled me back up to my feet and told me, "Shut up bitch!" before he slapped me hard against the face.

What the hell did I ever do to him to make him think he can treat me this way?! With that thought in mind, I took every ounce of courage that I had and punched this guy in the jaw. It hurt my hand like a mother, but it got him to let go of me and I took off running.

"That's it, you're dead!" the guy called after me as he started to chase me.

I glanced over my shoulder to see not only him, but his meat head friends were all chasing after me. As I ran, I fished the cell phone out of my pocket and dialed 'Previous Calls' clicking on the first one and held the phone up to my ear.

After the second ring, someone on the other end of the line picked up the call and questioned, "Hello?"

"Help! A bunch of meat heads are chasing me and they want to kill me!" I shouted before the line went dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have been waiting to post this chapter for a long time. I hope you all like it!

Special thanks to:
Alexandrias Nitemare
Neon_Skies_Killjoy
who left comments about the last chapter!

And whoever Reced, thanks, you rock!

Comment & Rec, please? *makes puppy dog eyes* How can you say no to a puppy?